Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Bring back wedding restrictions

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Enforce full lock down

Votes: 15 4.0%
  • No, we should live in freedom

Votes: 270 72.6%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Covid hasn’t gone away ya know! Cases are on the rise.. again! Super new variant are reinfecting people within 4-5 weeks of being infected!
Is it time to bring back restrictions or is it time to move on?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Really interesting piece in the belfast telegraph this morning about a new “viral resistance project” looking at how some have managed to never catch covid even during exposure before and after vaccines.
I’ve took a few screenshots as it’s behind a paywall so many of you won’t be able to read the full article. It’s quite a long article so I haven’t added all of it.

833D22C6-5C41-486C-8F9C-49E117CE1B88.png
DABD7D74-F659-49C9-8A46-E48E1592038C.png

Reactions: 1
Ref the poll, my views are:

Bring back masks in crowded places (eg public transport) and continue to use them in healthcare settings.

Home working hasn’t gone away for a lot of us. I only need to attend the office once a week and some of my colleagues are on 100% WFH contracts.

Bring back free tests (and reporting of positive cases) but limit number of tests per week to avoid stockpiling.

Then monitor cases and decide on a regular basis if any changes are needed.

Usual disclaimers of:
- These are just my views
- I’m not involved in actually deciding any measures hence I’m not forcing my views on anyone else.

I think that’s it. 😅

Reactions: 8
Ref the poll, my views are:

Bring back masks in crowded places (eg public transport) and continue to use them in healthcare settings.

Home working hasn’t gone away for a lot of us. I only need to attend the office once a week and some of my colleagues are on 100% WFH contracts.

Bring back free tests (and reporting of positive cases) but limit number of tests per week to avoid stockpiling.

Then monitor cases and decide on a regular basis if any changes are needed.

Usual disclaimers of:
- These are just my views
- I’m not involved in actually deciding any measures hence I’m not forcing my views on anyone else.

I think that’s it. 😅

For clarity “bring back home working” in the poll option I mean where no one is allowed in the office when they can work from home.

I work from home too but have done before covid. I mean in the enforced sense where there isn’t the option to go into the office.

What's the point in bringing back measures when they didn't stop covid. We're what over two years down the line and it's still rife.

Why don't we just empower the NHS so we can handle the people getting very ill. If people are vulnerable and feel they want to self isolate there should be a support package for them. Otherwise everyone else should just get on with their lives.

Masks do duck all apart from raise the fear factor. It's very easy for those that don't have a problem wearing them to say it's no big deal, but wearing them is a big deal for some of us.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
What's the point in bringing back measures when they didn't stop covid. We're what over two years down the line and it's still rife.

Why don't we just empower the NHS so we can handle the people getting very ill. If people are vulnerable and feel they want to self isolate there should be a support package for them. Otherwise everyone else should just get on with their lives.

Masks do duck all apart from raise the fear factor. It's very easy for those that don't have a problem wearing them to say it's no big deal, but wearing them is a big deal for some of us.
I don’t know how they’d do that with the amount of staff absences with covid

It's not about stopping covid, but reducing infections and slowing it down, meaning the NHS can cope better. It's in such a shambles at the moment, and not just from covid, that I think any measures -- that might ease at least some of that pressure -- are a good thing.

I don't support any lockdowns or major measures (unless numbers increase drastically), so I don't see wearing a mask when in crowded public places as not getting on with life*. It's been said before, but in Japan it's long been common (ie. well before covid) to wear a face covering when ill with coughs, colds, etc to avoid passing germs on to strangers in public places. Also keeping one's distance from other people while ill is a common thing. If I've got a cold, I'll always say "I won't come too close", etc. I think most do.

*I accept some people are exempt from wearing face coverings for various reasons and I have no issue with people who've got exemptions not wearing a mask.

Reactions: 4
Covid hasn’t gone away ya know! Cases are on the rise.. again! Super new variant are reinfecting people within 4-5 weeks of being infected!
Is it time to bring back restrictions or is it time to move on?
i know its not mentioned but i feel that testing should be brought back after holidays not really a restriction though

Can I ask anyone who has had it very recently… how many days did it take to test negative?
I had it last month. It took 14 days for me to negative. I felt shocking for the whole of the 14 days aswell. Should of gone back to work after 5 days, but could hardly stand up. Luckily work was understanding & still got paid.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I've been ill a week now, partner ill 5 days. I've had fever, slight cough, tiredness, congestion and taste and smell went for a couple of days (seems to be coming back slightly today) partner has had fever, really bad body aches and now seems to have classic cold symptoms. No tests so don't know if covid but certainly seems like it. We have both stayed at home anyway.

My mum and step dad (who I spent a lot of time with last week) have both been really ill too with the same symptoms.
Seems like covid finally caught us.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I've been ill a week now, partner ill 5 days. I've had fever, slight cough, tiredness, congestion and taste and smell went for a couple of days (seems to be coming back slightly today) partner has had fever, really bad body aches and now seems to have classic cold symptoms. No tests so don't know if covid but certainly seems like it. We have both stayed at home anyway.

My mum and step dad (who I spent a lot of time with last week) have both been really ill too with the same symptoms.
Seems like covid finally caught us.
Sounds like it , hope you all feel better soon ,it's a bugger x