Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Before the second mask mandate some shops and beauty salons near me were still saying no mask no entry.

They have also confirmed when the mask mandate is dropped they will still be enforcing masks.
A local beauty salon to me has requested that we continue to wear masks as the beauty therapists have grandparents etc that they visit. These are the same therapists who go clubbing and raving most weekends 🤨

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
A local beauty salon to me has requested that we continue to wear masks as the beauty therapists have grandparents etc that they visit. These are the same therapists who go clubbing and raving most weekends 🤨
Virtue signalling at its finest

Reactions: 14
Plenty of research to show masks are effective.

That's actually a review of many studies which don't really conclude very much at all. It got the COVID wetty press (Guardian/Independent) excited when it was published as they were able to cherry pick a few results out of it to overstate the efficacy of masks.

Why is it that those who wear masks are told they’ve been manipulated?
And that we “get off” on fear?
And that we are sheep for having a vaccine?
I find that quite insulting tbh.
Why do the majority who choose not to do so feel that they are superior to those that do?
It’s my choice to wear a mask and to be vaccinated but I’m not superior to those who choose not to wear a mask or choose not to have a vaccine. It works both ways.
Not all people who wear masks fall into that category but there are enough that have been driven into a dark place by the government's use of fear as a propaganda tool.

How much help do you think they will be given to reverse their "programming"? I'm guessing it will be somewhere between zero and sweet FA.

Too many people are simply incapable of understanding risk and mitigation factors. Strong proponents of masks are making that error of judgement.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I love it when armchair psychologists think they can diagnose mental disorders on a forum 🤦🏼‍♀️. Pretty insulting to be honest. I honestly hate what people have become.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
That's actually a review of many studies which don't really conclude very much at all. It got the COVID wetty press (Guardian/Independent) excited when it was published as they were able to cherry pick a few results out of it to overstate the efficacy of masks.
I know what a systematic review/meta analysis is. It does conclude a lot but that’s fine if you think you are right and these studies are false. I also linked another one which shows masks are effective. Here are some more.

I love it when armchair psychologists think they can diagnose mental disorders on a forum 🤦🏼‍♀️. Pretty insulting to be honest. I honestly hate what people have become.
I’m not diagnosing anyone. There is research predating covid that has made this conclusion. That’s why I mentioned it.

Virtue signalling at its finest
It’s not virtue signalling. The thing about working in beauty is that 1. You have to be seen to be as responsible as possible because your relationship with your clients is based upon trust and 2. There is so much competition that you cannot afford to lose long standing clients to another salon.

Reactions: 2
It’s not virtue signalling. The thing about working in beauty is that 1. You have to be seen to be as responsible as possible because your relationship with your clients is based upon trust and 2. There is so much competition that you cannot afford to lose long standing clients to another salon.
It is virtue signalling when you're asking clients to wear a mask that is no longer legally required because the staff have elderly relatives. When the same staff are sharing that they are out clubbing and at raves most nights.

ETA I would be more likely to visit a salon that doesn't require masks after the mandate ends than one that is making their own rules about them

Reactions: 15
It is virtue signalling when you're asking clients to wear a mask that is no longer legally required because the staff have elderly relatives. When the same staff are sharing that they are out clubbing and at raves most nights.

ETA I would be more likely to visit a salon that doesn't require masks after the mandate ends than one that is making their own rules about them
In those salons, the staff themselves are also probably wearing masks though. Salons have long competed to be the most clean and hygienic or to be perceived that way.

Personally, if someone’s going to be doing my lashes and it’s going to take ages, I tell them to take the mask off because it looks uncomfortable for them. But it’s not really about what’s legally required or what individual clients think, it’s about the reputation that salon has within a saturated industry.

Reactions: 1
In those salons, the staff themselves are also probably wearing masks though. Salons have long competed to be the most clean and hygienic or to be perceived that way.

Personally, if someone’s going to be doing my lashes and it’s going to take ages, I tell them to take the mask off because it looks uncomfortable for them. But it’s not really about what’s legally required or what individual clients think, it’s about the reputation that salon has within a saturated industry.
We'll have to agree to disagree

Reactions: 3
True, but it works both ways - e.g. those who are implying anyone who wears a mask has some kind of anxiety disorder.

Reactions: 3
A science teacher at work told me the length of time a mask is actually effective for is very little - less than 10 minutes or something like that. I didn’t really get it but it did surprise me.

A science teacher at work told me the length of time a mask is actually effective for is very little - less than 10 minutes or something like that. I didn’t really get it but it did surprise me.
Yeah my cousins a doctor and he said the same thing.

Reactions: 2
Day 4 of testing pos on a LFT. Day 7 of symptoms. So relieved to only have it mildly. Partner too.

Do youbthink there's any way if narrowing down where we caught it? Mainly because I'm curious.

I've heard that with omicron the incubation period is shorter with many people are testing pos only 1 or 2 days after contact with positive person... has anybody else heard this? Seems very fast.

Day 4 of testing pos on a LFT. Day 7 of symptoms. So relieved to only have it mildly. Partner too.

Do youbthink there's any way if narrowing down where we caught it? Mainly because I'm curious.

I've heard that with omicron the incubation period is shorter with many people are testing pos only 1 or 2 days after contact with positive person... has anybody else heard this? Seems very fast.
My mum caught Covid off my son. She picked him up Saturday lunchtime (we had no idea at that point he was infected obviously). She developed her first symptoms the following evening on the Sunday. Tested positive Monday on lft. It is very fast!

Reactions: 1

Dom must’ve had an undercover agent tagging Boris’s every move 🕵️‍♂️

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
People don't change them enough either. I used to have to wear them at work all the time and people used to ask me why I changed it at lunchtime 😑 plus people reuse the disposable ones. Clues in the name!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.