Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sounds like I would get on well with your mum haha

A work colleague of mine tells the customers in a loud voice that she is going to go get some gloves because you have just licked your fingers šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£
Sadly one customer rang up our boss and complained about her saying this to them .... She got dragged upstairs and told to be more polite...... Unbelievable even if covid wasn't around us staff shouldn't have to touch another person's spit when handling cash.
That customer sounds like an idiot. I worked as a checkout operator many years ago and it annoyed me when people licked notes to hand to me and this was long before covid. There's no need anyway as you can easily separate bank notes, I sometimes think they did it to flash the cash. No one's impressed. šŸ˜‚

There's something really crappy about taking the time to call in a complaint about one member of staff - unless they'd been really horrible or did something obviously wrong. Sounds like one of those customers who thinks all supermarket staff are there to be talked down. I hate that attitude.

Anyway, getting off my soap box now!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Myself and partner tested posnon Wednesday. I've been snotty for a few days. It's quite thick green when I blow my nose. is this normal with omicron? Wondering if i have a cold on top of covid... I do suffer with my sinuses and had a sinus infection recently too... tia.
Donā€™t worry your body is just fighting it. My toddler had bright green/yellow snot for her two worst days, now its cleared up and shes on the mend and no longer snotty. Maybe inhale some steam or get a warm shower to try and loosen it, your body is just trying to get rid of the virus.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
That customer sounds like an idiot. I worked as a checkout operator many years ago and it annoyed me when people licked notes to hand to me and this was long before covid. There's no need anyway as you can easily separate bank notes, I sometimes think they did it to flash the cash. No one's impressed. šŸ˜‚

There's something really crappy about taking the time to call in a complaint about one member of staff - unless they'd been really horrible or did something obviously wrong. Sounds like one of those customers who thinks all supermarket staff are there to be talked down. I hate that attitude.

Anyway, getting off my soap box now!
Pre- covid , if a costumer ever complained I was rude , my response would have been that it's not me who was coughing without covering my mouth, as it was rare to see a customer actually do so.

Reactions: 1

If this is true there are 100 head teachers who shouldn't be working as forcing pupils to wear masks is child abuse....plain and simple.

There are far too many health extremists that have been brainwashed over the course of the pandemic and it needs fixing.

As they are so addicted to the "rules" I think the most appropriate thing to do right now is for Parliament to revise the face covering regulation to actually make it an offence to encourage or co-erce people to wear a mask. That would focus a few minds.
Where would this offence apply to, just schools? Or even private businesses?

If the latter, then why can't a business owner be allowed to request customers wear masks if they enter their property? (i.e. their shop)?

Donā€™t worry your body is just fighting it. My toddler had bright green/yellow snot for her two worst days, now its cleared up and shes on the mend and no longer snotty. Maybe inhale some steam or get a warm shower to try and loosen it, your body is just trying to get rid of the virus.
Thanks for the reassurance just didn't know if that was normal or not! x

• Heart
Reactions: 2

If the latter, then why can't a business owner be allowed to request customers wear masks if they enter their property? (i.e. their shop)?
Because, quite simply, no single person or group has been able to definitively prove that masks do anything to prevent the spread of this virus. They have been mandated merely to make people remember there is a pandemic going on because the vector causing the pandemic is not actually significant to the vast majority. They have also provided a useful crutch to those who have been manipulated into a heightened sense of fear.

The most enthusiastic proponents of masks need to have their relative benefits compared to their drawbacks hammered home. As the negatives outweigh the positives on a health basis alone then a business owner requiring masks is actually putting their customers at risk for no reason at all.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Because, quite simply, no single person or group has been able to definitively prove that masks do anything to prevent the spread of this virus. They have been mandated merely to make people remember there is a pandemic going on because the vector causing the pandemic is not actually significant to the vast majority. They have also provided a useful crutch to those who have been manipulated into a heightened sense of fear.

The most enthusiastic proponents of masks need to have their relative benefits compared to their drawbacks hammered home. As the negatives outweigh the positives on a health basis alone then a business owner requiring masks is actually putting their customers at risk for no reason at all.
Plenty of research to show masks are effective.

Reactions: 7

Well, your point about masks having no impact is demonstrably false (as @Prefrontalmedialcortex points out in the link they provided).

I wear a mask not out of fear but out of courtesy. If I have covid then Iā€™m less likely to spread it to others. So your post is conjecture.

But, that notwithstanding, your post has a slight sinister edge to it. ā€œI will hammer my opinion home until everyone agrees with me!ā€ :D

Reactions: 7

Before the second mask mandate some shops and beauty salons near me were still saying no mask no entry.

They have also confirmed when the mask mandate is dropped they will still be enforcing masks.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Well, your point about masks having no impact is demonstrably false (as @Prefrontalmedialcortex points out in the link they provided).

I wear a mask not out of fear but out of courtesy. If I have covid then Iā€™m less likely to spread it to others. So your post is conjecture.

But, that notwithstanding, your post has a slight sinister edge to it. ā€œI will hammer my opinion home until everyone agrees with me!ā€ :D
I have plenty more to link if needed. šŸ˜… I wouldnā€™t say I wear a mask out of fear, yes I am concerned about Covid but I also believe they do something in terms of reducing spread - as is evident in the studies.

Before the second mask mandate some shops and beauty salons near me were still saying no mask no entry.

They have also confirmed when the mask mandate is dropped they will still be enforcing masks.
Transport for London have said it will remain on public transport and I also see businesses saying they will keep it and also expect customers to do the same.

Reactions: 5
Well that's me testing positive. Second time. Son is currently on day 5 so had a feeling I'd get it again

• Sad
Why is it that those who wear masks are told theyā€™ve been manipulated?
And that we ā€œget offā€ on fear?
And that we are sheep for having a vaccine?
I find that quite insulting tbh.
Why do the majority who choose not to do so feel that they are superior to those that do?
Itā€™s my choice to wear a mask and to be vaccinated but Iā€™m not superior to those who choose not to wear a mask or choose not to have a vaccine. It works both ways.

Why do the majority who choose not to do so feel that they are superior to those that do?
Itā€™s my choice to wear a mask and to be vaccinated but Iā€™m not superior to those who choose not to wear a mask or choose not to have a vaccine. It works both ways.
I feel the people who make these claims are very insecure, to the point of mental illness. They've become blinded to the realities of the pandemic, by ganging up together to accuse the majority of the population of being stupid. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø As they become more entrenched in their views they are determined to "shout down" everyone with an opposing view. Verifiable evidence is ignored but a random Instagram post is presented as scientific fact.

It's better to pity them.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
They feel superior because they think that only their ā€˜superiorā€™ brains understand or are able to process ā€˜the great awakeningā€™. The rest of us are ā€˜still asleepā€™. The sort of people who say things like this are quite narcissistic in my experience and they therefore lack empathy for other people and they are disagreeable too and donā€™t care who they alienate.

Are the conspiracy theorists still saying that Covid ā€˜has not been isolatedā€™? The ones I know stopped saying that when they caught covid themselves šŸ¤£

I feel the people who make these claims are very insecure, to the point of mental illness. They've become blinded to the realities of the pandemic, by ganging up together to accuse the majority of the population of being stupid. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø As they become more entrenched in their views they are determined to "shout down" everyone with an opposing view. Verifiable evidence is ignored but a random Instagram post is presented as scientific fact.

It's better to pity them.
I agree. The only time in my life that I was taken in by CTs was when I was mentally unwell.

Reactions: 5
I feel the people who make these claims are very insecure, to the point of mental illness.
I think the same could be said about those still living in fear and refusing to believe covid is now endemic. The same people that ā€˜trust the scienceā€™ unless of course that science says we no longer need masks, social distancing, vaccine passes etc. Iā€™m not talking about anyone on here but the state of some of the people on Twitter is laughable, claiming they will be wearing a mask FOREVER and anyone that doesnā€™t is a selfish bleep šŸ¤£ these people are definitely mentally stable! šŸ„“

I think the same could be said about those still living in fear and refusing to believe covid is now endemic. The same people that ā€˜trust the scienceā€™ unless of course that science says we no longer need masks, social distancing, vaccine passes etc. Iā€™m not talking about anyone on here but the state of some of the people on Twitter is laughable, claiming they will be wearing a mask FOREVER and anyone that doesnā€™t is a selfish bleep šŸ¤£ these people are definitely mentally stable! šŸ„“
There are extremes on both sides. Interestingly, most people I know who now are anti-mask or vaccine started off terrified of Covid. I know a few people who do genuinely live in fear. They are old and are afraid to be left alone if their partner dies. You canā€™t blame them for this can you?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.