Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
continue here,

useful links:

(GOV.UK)

www.gov.uk

www.gov.uk

(NHS advice about COVID-19)
www.nhs.uk

www.nhs.uk

(World Health Organisation)
www.who.int

www.who.int

(Total cases - U.K. numbers)
www.arcgis.com

Distribution of cases of COVID-19 - updated daily.

COVID-19 MAP (google maps)
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1yCPR-ukAgE55sROnmBUFmtLN6riVLTu3&ll=55.629196049779445,-4.098834399808766&z=7

Previous threads
coronavirus

Reactions: 7
I've brought my dog to work today he's really eased my anxiety & I took him for a walk.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just to say we went to Waitrose at 08:30 it was open from 07:30 for the elderly and key workers all
You had to do to get in was say “yes” when the security guard asked if you were a key worker (funnily enough I am, I’m civilian police staff but I was happy to wait) it was actually quite scary, next to no fresh produce, whole aisles completely bare. We got what we needed but the panic buying has to stop!

Reactions: 2
Would like to knw what germany are doing 17,742 cases but only 48 deaths...

Ps so sad for my last school pick up in 20 mins for who knows how long 💔

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Is there a link for the screenshot posted at the end of the last thread from the DfE in regard to one not both parents needing to be a key worker please

Reactions: 1
Carrying on from a comment on the last thread we cant social distance for a year that's mad! Anyway I've poured myself a Gin duck it its friday. 🍷

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Carrying on from a comment on the last thread we cant social distance for a year that's mad! Anyway I've poured myself a Gin duck it its friday. 🍷
That would be insanity! Plus also I’m fairly certain I’d have committed matricide by then 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
So annoyed with people my own age (19-25) who think this is all one big joke and are still going out clubbing etc. Selfish, selfish, selfish. A couple of my friends are going about like nothing is happening and I've voiced to them how selfish they're being. I've told them I'm not worried about myself getting it, I'm worried about the fact I could easily infect my parents, grandparents and everyone else! People's true colours are finally showing now :rolleyes::unsure:

• Angry
Reactions: 51
Omg, don't!! We cracked open the wine at 6pm last night and got through 2 bottles between us - functioning today has been bleeping hard work 🤢🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 13
This is in reply to a post on the last thread but i can't quote it.
My children have been out 'playing in the street' we are socially distancing ourselves. Not self isolating and there is a big difference.
My children need exercise, for both their physical and mental health. We've taken short half hour bike rides everyday this week.
If we see someone else, we cross to the opposite side of the road. Ive passed a few elderly men out in their gardens or walking their dogs. They've stood and chatted, from a roads width distance.
Ive been out in the cul de sac with them, if other children were out there, we would wait till they went it.
Not every child playing outside is flouting the rules. We all need fresh air and im clinging on by my fingertips to the last threads of normality for my kids.

Reactions: 34
As I mentioned on the previous thread, my medication is currently out of stock and seemingly impossible to find. I have had to get a prescription slip from my doctor and then I’ve got to try and hunt some down. Having phoned a few pharmacies in the area, it isn’t available there either. It’s a bit stressful.

While waiting in the queue to collect my prescription slip (nicely spaced apart) a man came in whose wife is a GP in a suburb of Birmingham. We got chatting and he said that his wife’s practice had to lock the door this morning on someone as a man came in saying “my daughter has coronavirus, I need a test and I need to see a doctor now!” I cannot even fathom how selfish people are being at the moment. Call 111 or do the online test - that is what it is there for! Don’t just go the doctors surgery and risk infecting everyone else.

Also, I don’t know how to quote from previous threads as I’m not clever enough but I saw a post where someone was saying their friend was deliberately choosing not to isolate her family and children. Honestly, these are the people that aren’t only being selfish like the person above, but also are actually endangering themselves. Unfortunately it will take someone they love catching the virus to make them see how serious the situation actually is.

Reactions: 9
I live alone, there's no way on earth I could manage a year! I think if they did try to implement that sadly suicide rates would rapidly increase 💔

• Sad
Reactions: 13
So annoyed with people my own age (19-25) who think this is all one big joke and are still going out clubbing etc. Selfish, selfish, selfish. A couple of my friends are going about like nothing is happening and I've voiced to them how selfish they're being. I've told them I'm not worried about myself getting it, I'm worried about the fact I could easily infect my parents, grandparents and everyone else! People's true colours are finally showing now :rolleyes::unsure:
Remind them that if they need an intensive care bed (god forbid) for anything like car accident, severe appendicitis, drug reaction.... anything. There won’t be a bed for them if they continue to be blasé about infecting others.

Reactions: 11
This is in reply to a post on the last thread but i can't quote it.
My children have been out 'playing in the street' we are socially distancing ourselves. Not self isolating and there is a big difference.
My children need exercise, for both their physical and mental health. We've taken short half hour bike rides everyday this week.
If we see someone else, we cross to the opposite side of the road. Ive passed a few elderly men out in their gardens or walking their dogs. They've stood and chatted, from a roads width distance.
Ive been out in the cul de sac with them, if other children were out there, we would wait till they went it.
Not every child playing outside is flouting the rules. We all need fresh air and im clinging on by my fingertips to the last threads of normality for my kids.
Ive seen quite a few old folks walking about.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.