Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Following on from the last post.

I think the vunrable children are the ones who are under social services, I think they might have mentioned that?

Reactions: 7
Are they doing him this across the UK or only in England? I think it’s a great idea and definitely important. Can’t have kids spending 24/7 in less than ideal family homes and/or starving.

Following on from the last post.

I think the vunrable children are the ones who are under social services, I think they might have mentioned that?
yes and those with an educational health care plan - although to me that doesn’t mean vulnerable. Some of my EHCP kiddos are safer at home isolating due to medical needs. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1
My Mum (late 60s no underlying health conditions) is being told she has to go to work and no provision will be made for working from home. The job is for a local council but an office role and not an essential service. Surely that is barbaric and against government recommendations?

Are they likely to change their stance if/when Lockdown happens? I’m trying to see if I can afford to support her for 3 months so she can request it unpaid.

She lives alone and would end up only seeing her work colleagues until she inevitably gets the virus as family and friends are all high risk

Reactions: 4
They said children with a social worker too. How does it work if one adult works in a frontline service and the other doesnt?
Will the school provide the childcare or is the 'non essential' worker expected to do it.
Only curious because of a couple of comments I've seen made on Facebook from people assuming because their significant other work in the nhs/police/is a delivery driver that their children will still go to school. One of the people commenting this is actually a stay at home mum.

yes and those with an educational health care plan - although to me that doesn’t mean vulnerable. Some of my EHCP kiddos are safer at home isolating due to medical needs. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Do you have a reliable source for this as can’t see any reference on the main news outlets.

If true that’s going to go down like a lead balloon with my son 😫 At least if he went in his lunch will be free, my food bill will Skyrocket with everyone at home.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Our nursery is closing because of it. The day I was due back after sick leave, marvellous 😭😭. They announced it on Facebook before they told employees and because my.manager doesn't do social media when I messaged her about it, she rang me in a tizz because she knew nothing about it. She'd literally spoke to the area manager at 5.45pm who said it would never happen, and she then reassured worried parents with this information. What does that make her look like to those parents now?? Absolutely ridiculous. I'm fuming for her.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
My Mum (late 60s no underlying health conditions) is being told she has to go to work and no provision will be made for working from home. The job is for a local council but an office role and not an essential service. Surely that is barbaric and against government recommendations?

Are they likely to change their stance if/when Lockdown happens? I’m trying to see if I can afford to support her for 3 months so she can request it unpaid.

She lives alone and would end up only seeing her work colleagues until she inevitably gets the virus as family and friends are all high risk
If she's fit and healthy she should be okay to continue working without any issue providing she practises social distancing and good hygiene.
Theres no reason why she can't work until she either showing symptoms or work closes.

Reactions: 14
They said children with a social worker too. How does it work if one adult works in a frontline service and the other doesnt?
Will the school provide the childcare or is the 'non essential' worker expected to do it.
Only curious because of a couple of comments I've seen made on Facebook from people assuming because their significant other work in the nhs/police/is a delivery driver that their children will still go to school. One of the people commenting this is actually a stay at home mum.
If it were me, I would care for my child and not expect the school to do it, purely because my other half worked on the front line! That's just selfish of the stay at home mum to be honest!

Reactions: 19
Little bit of light heartiness because it tickled me. Sent my husband a small list of things I needed from the supermarket. He phoned me all in a panic and says “I can’t get everything you’ve asked me to get (6 items) Asda are only allowing 3 items per person” 🤣🤣 couldn’t speak for laughing telling him it was 3 of the same item per customer 🤣

hope everyone is okay tonight with all that’s happened today re the schools.So much to read through I haven’t been able too

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
That’s going to go down like a lead balloon with my son 😫 At least if he went in his lunch will be free, my food bill will Skyrocket with everyone at home.
I'm pretty sure I heard Boris say that those getting free school meals would not go without while at home, so try not to worry :)

Reactions: 10
I'm pretty sure I heard Boris say that those getting free school meals would not go without while at home, so try not to worry :)
He doesn’t qualify for free school meals. my shop was over £100 instead of the usual £65 odd as OH gets fed at work too. They eat sooooo much food 😫

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Lidl was pretty empty today but I did manage to buy a Himalayan salt lamp for a tenner and it's making me happy, I'd recommend one to lift your mood :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Do you have a reliable source for this as can’t see any reference on the main news outlets.

If true that’s going to go down like a lead balloon with my son 😫 At least if he went in his lunch will be free, my food bill will Skyrocket with everyone at home.
Here’s something on the TES https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.tes.com/news/coronavirus-all-schools-england-closing-friday?amp

It says “He said key workers included NHS staff, police and delivery drivers and that vulnerable children included those who have social workers and those who have education, health and care plans (EHCPs).” It’s all over my sen Facebook groups too - worth contacting school tomorrow.

I’m sure you will be able to keep him off if you prefer - but that’s your call to make!

Has anyone heard that tomorrow it will be announced that we will go on lockdown for two weeks and the army are coming out?

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I am a nursery teacher in a private nursery and we were informed (via facebook) that we wouldn’t not be closing unless the country goes into lockdown. apparently working/ for a private nursery makes employees/children immune to viruses?? HOW IS THIS ALLOWED

Reactions: 1
I have a family member in the army and I messaged her after seeing all over social media that a lockdown was happening. She said that it will be announced tomorrow. Nobody will be coming in the country, nobody out.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.