Coronation Street

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God... never ever did I think I would start a post about this. I have never been a soap fan particularly but I started a couple of months ago.
Reason for posting this is the Geoff and Yazmeen storyline. It is honestly horrific, amazingly well acted but it makes my toes curl and want to put my fist through the TV!!!

Reactions: 20
I’m with you. He makes me so mad I end up swearing at the telly. Great acting to get that kind of response though, and an important storyline, especially as Yasmeen is one of the stronger female characters. Shows that anybody can fall prey to a narcissistic abuser.

Reactions: 6
I’m with you. He makes me so mad I end up swearing at the telly. Great acting to get that kind of response though, and an important storyline, especially as Yasmeen is one of the stronger female characters. Shows that anybody can fall prey to a narcissistic abuser.
It’s all so believable, I think that’s why I can’t stop watching it. It’s just becoming more and more awful!

Reactions: 2
I stopped watching Corrie about a year ago because the storylines are just ridiculous esp turning Gary into a murderer.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
He’s a cardboard gangster. Totally unbelievable, not buying it either.
Its a shame he cant kill off Maria she really is the most boring and pointless character. I've heard a few people saying Geoff is really making them angry haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Ah he is so manipulative! I was glad she confronted him last night and then realised he was snivelling to get her to feel sorry for him. That must be how they work grrr! I love my Corrie lol ❤

Last night was the worst. And he’s still controlling/manipulating her with his sob story. I truly was rooting for her to kick him to the kerb. If this storyline helps even one person to stop and realise that what they’re living is actual abuse, then well done Corrie! Many people still believe that abuse is only physical. There are so many different types of abuse; verbal, emotional, psychological, sexual, manipulation, coercion, gaslighting, financial to name but a few. I think it’s so important that they’re showing this, as uncomfortable as it is to watch.

Reactions: 7
I did think he was being real untill he came out with "hold me" the way he said it was his way of stopping her talking and really fake. I hate him so much but that's what the writers want.

What a horrible creep. But like you’ve all said so well acted and believable. goes to show we never know what happens behind closed doors. Glad the Michelle and Adam story is finally over that dragged on for sooo long!!

Im watching it now for the yasmeen storyline. Ive also been watching the classic one on itv3.

Reactions: 4
Geoff has just put salt on beans on toast, in Roys Rolls. That proves it for me, the man is definitely unbalanced

• Haha
Reactions: 14
duck Geoff! Tim is going to be in for a nasty shock in court when he hears all the fucked up things his father has been doing to his wife.

I used to be an avid watcher until Gemma had all them kids,I thought that was such a bizarre storyline. Started watching again in lockdown and I think Geoff and yasmeen storyline has been very well done.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.