Coronation Street

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm pleased to see Sue Devaney return again as Debbie, Kevin Webster's sister. I have some recorded episodes of Corrie from 1984, when Debbie was a teenager. I've always liked the character, and Sue the actress who plays her.

Reactions: 3
I have got into watching Classic Coronation Street on ITV Hub. From around the mid-90s, with Jack & Vera. I had forgotten the storylines, it is good!

Reactions: 7
I have got into watching Classic Coronation Street on ITV Hub. From around the mid-90s, with Jack & Vera. I had forgotten the storylines, it is good!
My husband has been watching it for a couple of years now and says it is far better than the current episodes

Reactions: 6
It has been so bad for years now, I think ever since the Stuart Blackburn period, and watching the old episodes really shows that.

Even the Geoff/Yazmeen storyline. It was one of the better themes they've had in a good while, but that too, they've overplayed it into farcical.

Reactions: 4
I used to be an avid Corrie fan, but the quality has dropped considerably in the last decade or so. The quality of the programme would be much better, if they would reduce the amount of episodes per week. They also need to stop dragging out stories for so long. I stopped watching the show, when they dragged out the Pat Phelan story for months.
Corrie used to be known for it's humour, strong characters and engaging storylines, there days, you can't tell whether you are watching EastEnders or Brookside, because many of the storylines have become sensationalist and issue led. I guess I'll have to console myself with the classic episodes on ITV3!

Reactions: 6
I love Sally and Tim. They are great together

Sarah is annoying me even more now, she is such a stupid actress

Reactions: 5
It's just terrible - I can't believe that some of these scripts get signed off.
So last night, the cops arrest two people for theft with zero evidence that a theft has actually occurred, never mind the lack of evidence that either one was involved. The cops ask the complainant if he'd like to press charges - isn't that down to the CPS? This isn't America!
Then the same cop, now off duty, harasses one of the people arrested and the guy agrees to spill the beans?
At this point, I changed over to Spongebob Squarepants for a more realistic and coherent plot.

• Haha
I missed most of tonight's episode so forgive me if it came up etc. But if Michael's ex was taking his baby to Spain without his consent, then she'd be charged with international child abduction and be forced to return to the UK. Not sure where they're going with the story. Is the baby actually his?

I missed most of tonight's episode so forgive me if it came up etc. But if Michael's ex was taking his baby to Spain without his consent, then she'd be charged with international child abduction and be forced to return to the UK. Not sure where they're going with the story. Is the baby actually his?
No the baby isn't his. He got arrested and then the police told him that the baby isn't hers either, she was the childminder

• Wow
Reactions: 1
No the baby isn't his. He got arrested and then the police told him that the baby isn't hers either, she was the childminder
FML.
There's nothing else to say 😑🙄🙄

At this point, I'd be happy with a solid half hour of Adam and Imran just chilling in their office. Maybe discussing the merits of a good waistcoat.

On that note, when Daniel came in there was a flicker that he was his father's son with his temper. We saw him get angry a few times-punching walls and poor ol' 'Cheznay'. I thought it would have been interesting to explore that side of him as those traits were quite strong in Ken. But I really feel when they paired him up with Shin-aaaaayd we lost what could have been an interesting character. I do think Rob's a good actor but, whilst he's on screen a lot, they're under utilising him- especially withn that appalling Nikki character who just had zero range (daaaaahling).

• Haha
Reactions: 11
FML.

At this point, I'd be happy with a solid half hour of Adam and Imran just chilling in their office. Maybe discussing the merits of a good waistcoat.

On that note, when Daniel came in there was a flicker that he was his father's son with his temper. We saw him get angry a few times-punching walls and poor ol' 'Cheznay'. I thought it would have been interesting to explore that side of him as those traits were quite strong in Ken. But I really feel when they paired him up with Shin-aaaaayd we lost what could have been an interesting character. I do think Rob's a good actor but, whilst he's on screen a lot, they're under utilising him- especially withn that appalling Nikki character who just had zero range (daaaaahling).
I like Daniel just needs a good storyline. Who thinks Adam and Carla are going to get it on?

My fella said last night he thinks Adam and Carla are gonna get it on. I dont think so though!
I just love Adam but I wish he would get a hair cut 🥺
Didn't see that Michael storyline coming 😂
How did Geoff know that when Daniel was talking to Nikki about giving him the money back, that she was a prozzie?
They well should have done it that Nikki was one of the prostitutes Geoff went to, or was one that beat her up 🤷🏻‍♀️

FML.

I'd be happy with that. Those two men really look good in suits.

Felt for Micheal last night though and would have been a huge shock had I not read it online before 🙈

Just caught up and I thought the lad who plays Michael actually did a great job, never liked him before. Not keen on the dad, the mum or the other brother though.

Reactions: 8
Just caught up and I thought the lad who plays Michael actually did a great job, never liked him before. Not keen on the dad, the mum or the other brother though.
The dads voice....🙉 I can't listen to him.

Leanne is also doing my head in. I know it's her child & an awful situation but I'm finding it hard to feel sympathy towards her. Am I a cold hearted witch?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.