Coronation Street #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Two outstanding episodes tonight. These young actors can act some of the older cast off the screen! Just shows that the writers can pull it out of the bag of they put their minds to it.

Plus does Corey remind anyone else of a younger, more sinister Robbie Williams?!
He reminds me of Matt Willis a bit ,
from the popular doowop soul combo group Busted, from that there hit parade the kids are all listening to these days. Or more known as Emma Willis's other half.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
When Tracie Bennet first appeared in the Street back in 1981, her voice was much more feminine. I used to like the character back in those days, but now she is really abrasive.

Reactions: 4
I don’t understand why Toyah would be contacting Leanne.What would she say?Your sisters foster child of 5 minutes has been accused of murdering a boy older than Simon who he has never spoken to.Btw Roy’s half niece was attacked.Leanne is not needed for this storyline whatsoever.I don’t by new old looking Summer helps with the story telling she wasn’t involved.Maybe they missed a trick in not including Amy Barlow instead of Summer.

Reactions: 9
I don’t understand why Toyah would be contacting Leanne.What would she say?Your sisters foster child of 5 minutes has been accused of murdering a boy older than Simon who he has never spoken to.Btw Roy’s half niece was attacked.Leanne is not needed for this storyline whatsoever.I don’t by new old looking Summer helps with the story telling she wasn’t involved.Maybe they missed a trick in not including Amy Barlow instead of Summer.
I really like Amy now.

Reactions: 12
Yes, she’s actually grown into a nice girl, sensible head on her shoulders, I thought she was going to be a horror! Glad she wasn’t involved in the attack.
I liked when she was telling Asha how it is 💟 glad she's got her head screwed on.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think the idea came from Sharon. It was so Toyah had some support & who better than her sister for a shoulder to cry on. Obv doesn't matter that Leanne has her own problems 🙄

Reactions: 1
Sarah does know Sharon. There was even a scene where Sharon called Sarah 'Sarah- Lou' and Sarah replied 'it's just Sarah now'.

Sharon knew Gail very well. Tried it on with Brian even though he was married to Gail.
Back in the days when Sharon was a likable character.

Although last week's episodes were well acted by some of the cast, there are things that are niggling me. The fact that only a few months ago, Nina was seeing Asha - did she suffenly decide she wanted a boyfriend? It does seem like a rushed storyline to me.
Reading through this thread, I was shocked to discover that the Nina/Seb storyline was based on a real life event. Am I the only one who finds this distasteful? I agree with a lot of people that have commented here about the depressing storylines, and the fact there is very little comedy anymore.

Last edited:
Back in the days when Sharon was a likable character.

Although last week's episodes were well acted by some of the cast, there are things that are niggling me. The fact that only a few months ago, Nina was seeing Asha - did she suffenly decide she wanted a boyfriend? It does seem like a rushed storyline to me.
Reading through this thread, I was shocked to discover that the Nina/Seb storyline was based on a real life event. Am I the only one who finds this distasteful? I agree with a lot of people that have commented here about the depressing storylines, and the fact there is very little comedy anymore.
I thought the whole Asha/Nina storyline was pointless. It was just to get Nina more linked in with Asha and Corey because of what the writers were planning. Don't get me wrong, it's great to do a lesbian storyline but it was wasted on a fling lasting a few episodes especially since Asha went back to Corey anyway.

Reactions: 6
Not sure if it's already been said or if there is a spoiler out there but I can't see Corey and Kelly getting charged straight away. It will probably drag out until further evidence or nina remembers more. Think summer keeps quiet too

Reactions: 2
Reading through this thread, I was shocked to discover that the Nina/Seb storyline was based on a real life event. Am I the only one who finds this distasteful?
I wasn't sure until I read the poor girl's mother was heavily involved in the storyline and approved of how it was done. So I found it OK because of that. She has set up a charity in her daughter's name.
I made the mistake of reading about it - just horrendous and completely heartbreaking.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Good to see Evelynn back, hopefully she has her usual decent one liners 🙏🏼
And I’m so pleased for Aggie that her staircase is finally finished 🤪

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.