Coolsculpt - Anyone had it?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm seriously considering having this. It's pricey but I'm desperate. I'm quite slim but have a weird excess of fat in the stomach region. It looks odd and I'm sick of dressing to hide it.

Has anyone had Coolsculpt? If so, what was your experience like? Did it work for you or were you a bit underwhelmed?

It mentions one of the ways it can go wrong is that the fat cells can get confused and multiply instead of reduce. This is pretty horrifying. Has anyone experienced this?

Thank you.

Reactions: 1
I had fat freezing done a few years ago, I think that’s similar/the same as cool sculpt? I had it on my stomach and my thighs. I did notice a difference, but the aftercare advice was also to drink lots of water, do some light exercise and eat as healthily as possible every day. So I do wonder if it was down to that as well as the treatment!

Reactions: 3
I had fat freezing done a few years ago, I think that’s similar/the same as cool sculpt? I had it on my stomach and my thighs. I did notice a difference, but the aftercare advice was also to drink lots of water, do some light exercise and eat as healthily as possible every day. So I do wonder if it was down to that as well as the treatment!
Does the cool sculpt last, my weight doesn’t fluctuate just looking for back of legs to look less fatty

Does the cool sculpt last, my weight doesn’t fluctuate just looking for back of legs to look less fatty
I think it would do if you continued with the healthy eating/exercise afterwards. You can also have further sessions of it which I know some people do.

I'm seriously considering having this. It's pricey but I'm desperate. I'm quite slim but have a weird excess of fat in the stomach region. It looks odd and I'm sick of dressing to hide it.

Has anyone had Coolsculpt? If so, what was your experience like? Did it work for you or were you a bit underwhelmed?

It mentions one of the ways it can go wrong is that the fat cells can get confused and multiply instead of reduce. This is pretty horrifying. Has anyone experienced this?

Thank you.
Did you go for it in the end? Had a consult today for it and in similar position to you body wise by sounds of it

Did you go for it in the end? Had a consult today for it and in similar position to you body wise by sounds of it
No I didn't. I was put off by the idea of having a bad reaction to it and my fat cells multiplying. I wouldn't cope if it went wrong so probably best I don't chance it. For the moment anyway. Let me know how you get on though I'd be really interested in hearing how the process is and if it works for you.

Reactions: 3
Hoping to take the plunge - once I get my work bonus! I’ll let you know how I get on 🙏🏻😊

Thank you.
Isn't this the procedure that Linda Evangelista had? That would put me off tbh...
If it didn't work for her, and presumably she was under the care of the best beauty therapists and with the best equipment money could offer, then it just shows how risky it can be?

Reactions: 4
Isn't this the procedure that Linda Evangelista had? That would put me off tbh...
If it didn't work for her, and presumably she was under the care of the best beauty therapists and with the best equipment money could offer, then it just shows how risky it can be?
It is. I'd already read about the fat cells multiplying as a potential side effect which was why I was holding back on it. Her going public with her problems made me certain I wouldn't be having it.

Yes and it did absolutely nothing.
Can I ask in which region you had it done and how long ago that was? I have been considering getting it done for about four years now, but I read such conflicting reports from people, some raving about how much it helped and then others like you saying it didn't do anything. Given the price point... I'd rather it did something.
I'm slim and shouldn't lose weight, but I have some stubborn fat on my stomach that just refuses to go anywhere. Regardless of the weight or shape I'm in, I always have this small "bulge". I'd like it to go away.

Can I ask in which region you had it done and how long ago that was? I have been considering getting it done for about four years now, but I read such conflicting reports from people, some raving about how much it helped and then others like you saying it didn't do anything. Given the price point... I'd rather it did something.
I'm slim and shouldn't lose weight, but I have some stubborn fat on my stomach that just refuses to go anywhere. Regardless of the weight or shape I'm in, I always have this small "bulge". I'd like it to go away.
Hi, yes of course. It was in Cardiff and it was a new year promotion in 2018, £300 down from £500. I had it as I have a bit of a roll (as if I'm always wearing a tight belt) even though I'm not overweight. As I said, it did nothing.

Hi, yes of course. It was in Cardiff and it was a new year promotion in 2018, £300 down from £500. I had it as I have a bit of a roll (as if I'm always wearing a tight belt) even though I'm not overweight. As I said, it did nothing.
Thanks! It really is rather expensive and I don't think it'd be cheaper today than in 2018.... Guess that one will stay a pass for me!

Reactions: 2
I too was looking a cool sculpt. I didn’t realize it’s the company Linda evangelista was sueing!!
I think I’ll give it a miss. I don’t want to come out looking worse.

Reactions: 2