Conversations

Status
Thread locked. We lock threads when they have 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi @Helen ,

Are conversations private? Will they be listed in search engines at all?

Also I am struggling to send a conversation to another user, as the site seems to think there is a spam element - is it possibly happening because I included an email address?

Yes all private conversations are private. Just make sure is a conversation and not a post on someone's profile.

I'm not sure to be honest if PM's have a spam filter, try without anything that could trip that up ☺

Reactions: 1
Thanks @Helen !

Hi @Helen I've tried removing my email and any words that are tripping up the spam filter but I keep getting this:

Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

Anything you can recommend?

Sorry I'm not really sure, if it's long maybe try sending just the first bit to start with. Messages are checked using a spam filter and it does sometimes give false positives

I'm not sure it'll work but maybe space the email out? like address @ provider . com ? That way it might not recognise it as a link if thats the thing being read as spam.

I think something is wrong with conversations at the minute - mine says I've not had any chat since Sunday, but I was chatting to two other members in conversations yesterday.

ETA: I can never seem to start a conversation, I can only reply to others if they message me first. Probably me doing something wrong, who knows!

Last edited:
I think something is wrong with conversations at the minute - mine says I've not had any chat since Sunday, but I was chatting to two other members in conversations yesterday.
Similar issue here. There are messages missing from a conversation I was in. IIRC, it's messages that were sent in the past day or two that are suddenly not there (the remainder of the same conversation from the days prior are still there)

Sorry you can't delete PMs.

Unfortunately to counter that with the data issues, messages sent since Monday morning Monday to Thursday afternoon have been lost. Really sorry about that, if someone didn't reply to a message or you think someone didn't get yours it's probably best to send it again.

You need to be a long term member have over 200 posts and register before (some date I forget last year) to use the PMs. We turned them off for most people just because people kept spamming and we're busy enough dealing with public threads.

Reactions: 2
All my conversations are there but the reaction emoji is gone it's only quote , will this be fixed or is that how it will stay ( no big deal btw ).

All my conversations are there but the reaction emoji is gone it's only quote , will this be fixed or is that how it will stay ( no big deal btw ).
I think they are looking into it, not sure. Some posters were getting random people liking their posts in private conversations on Thursday, I think they've turned the reactions off for now 🤣

Reactions have been turned off for now. As some PM's were lost but no reactions were lost the reactions was showing inaccurate data.

So random likes from some posts were inserted there. But PM's have always been private, it's just inaccurate reaction data.

Easy to fix, but tbh it's very low on my list!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Reactions have been turned off for now. As some PM's were lost but no reactions were lost the reactions was showing inaccurate data.

So random likes from some posts were inserted there. But PM's have always been private, it's just inaccurate reaction data.

Easy to fix, but tbh it's very low on my list!
No problem, thanks for replying.

I think they are looking into it, not sure. Some posters were getting random people liking their posts in private conversations on Thursday, I think they've turned the reactions off for now 🤣
Oh right ! I never noticed if they had 😂

Status
Thread locked. We lock threads when they have 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
AdBlock Detected

Please disable your adblocker to use tattle

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks