Contraception etc

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello!

I just need a bit of advice really.

For a bit of a background, I am 29, in a 4 month relationship with a new partner (we don't use condoms anymore). He has a physical disability which means that he struggles to ejaculate - he only does it if absolutely necessary but other than this, it is quite painful for him so it hasn't happened with me so far. (Sorry it's a bit TMI but quite relevant in the story).

I had to stop the pill (Yasmine) as my blood pressure is quite high and my GP has advised to stop it immediately.
I am a bit at loss with other contraception means... I started taking this pill 4 years ago, originally for acne issues and I was on the copper coil before this. I was never keen on hormones so I think now would be my chance to stop hormones altogether since I have stopped the pill.

I can't afford to be on nothing as even though my partner doesn't ejaculate, there's always a chance to get pregnant. And getting pregnant after only 4 months would not be an ideal situation šŸ˜¬

What options would you recommend? Has anyone tried the app Natural Cycles?
I don't really want to go back on the coil as the removal of it was quite traumatic...

Thanks for reading :)

Reactions: 1
Hey, I will be following closely as I was going to ask the same! Iā€™m also 29 but I have two children, I had my 2nd (and last) baby in Feb and deffo donā€™t want anymore šŸ˜… I had the copper coil too but it made my periods super heavy so I had it taken out after a year, Iā€™m really not a fan of hormonal contraception to be honest!

Hey, I will be following closely as I was going to ask the same! Iā€™m also 29 but I have two children, I had my 2nd (and last) baby in Feb and deffo donā€™t want anymore šŸ˜… I had the copper coil too but it made my periods super heavy so I had it taken out after a year, Iā€™m really not a fan of hormonal contraception to be honest!
yeah same with the coil!My periods were super heavy, painful and were lasting aaaages!

I had a similar experience with the coil and can't use the combined pill, had all sorts of issues with the mini pill too. Also had a partner who had issues with ejaculation during penetration specifically so I totally get it.

I know they're not sexy but I'd consider condoms in your situation. TMI but in my situation, he would very rarely ejaculate during penetrative sex and we would use other means, this worked for us so condoms felt like a good compromise. the pregnancy risk was quite low due to obvious reasons, and I wasn't willing to go back on the mini pill and mess about with it for months on end.

I was on the mini pill for a year and it was really good, no periods which was nice and no bad side effects! However, I came off last July and am yet to have regular periods. I wonā€™t be using contraception again as I donā€™t want to mess with my body like that again. However in general I would recommend the mini pill, I was on cerelle.

Reactions: 2
Hello!

I just need a bit of advice really.

For a bit of a background, I am 29, in a 4 month relationship with a new partner (we don't use condoms anymore). He has a physical disability which means that he struggles to ejaculate - he only does it if absolutely necessary but other than this, it is quite painful for him so it hasn't happened with me so far. (Sorry it's a bit TMI but quite relevant in the story).

I had to stop the pill (Yasmine) as my blood pressure is quite high and my GP has advised to stop it immediately.
I am a bit at loss with other contraception means... I started taking this pill 4 years ago, originally for acne issues and I was on the copper coil before this. I was never keen on hormones so I think now would be my chance to stop hormones altogether since I have stopped the pill.

I can't afford to be on nothing as even though my partner doesn't ejaculate, there's always a chance to get pregnant. And getting pregnant after only 4 months would not be an ideal situation šŸ˜¬

What options would you recommend? Has anyone tried the app Natural Cycles?
I don't really want to go back on the coil as the removal of it was quite traumatic...

Thanks for reading :)
I got pregnant accidentally whilst using Natural Cycles. I would only use it if I didnā€™t mind having a whoops baby. If you definitely donā€™t want a baby, Iā€™d use something more solid.

I got pregnant accidentally whilst using Natural Cycles. I would only use it if I didnā€™t mind having a whoops baby. If you definitely donā€™t want a baby, Iā€™d use something more solid.
hmm after only 4 months being in that relationship, I donā€™t think I could afford having a ā€œwhoops babyā€ haha. Were you doing Everything you need to do religiously with NC? Genuine question by the way :)

I was on the mini pill for a year and it was really good, no periods which was nice and no bad side effects! However, I came off last July and am yet to have regular periods. I wonā€™t be using contraception again as I donā€™t want to mess with my body like that again. However in general I would recommend the mini pill, I was on cerelle.
my periods have always been super super regular even when I was on the coil. Iā€™m not entirely sure I would want to go back to the pill even the mini pill but I guess thatā€™s something to considerā€¦were you having regular periods before you got on that Pill?

hmm after only 4 months being in that relationship, I donā€™t think I could afford having a ā€œwhoops babyā€ haha. Were you doing Everything you need to do religiously with NC? Genuine question by the way :)

my periods have always been super super regular even when I was on the coil. Iā€™m not entirely sure I would want to go back to the pill even the mini pill but I guess thatā€™s something to considerā€¦were you having regular periods before you got on that Pill?
With NC, the first few months gives you pretty much all red days whilst itā€™s getting used to your cycle. I was using ovulation tests at the same time to try and avoid ovulation. We did do it on a red day (šŸ˜…) because I was reassured by a physical negative ovulation test, and I got pregnant.

I suppose the moral of my story is ā€˜listen to the red/green days NC gives you - donā€™t think you know betterā€™ because I for sure didnā€™t šŸ˜….

I have a beautiful daughter who turns two next month!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
With NC, the first few months gives you pretty much all red days whilst itā€™s getting used to your cycle. I was using ovulation tests at the same time to try and avoid ovulation. We did do it on a red day (šŸ˜…) because I was reassured by a physical negative ovulation test, and I got pregnant.

I suppose the moral of my story is ā€˜listen to the red/green days NC gives you - donā€™t think you know betterā€™ because I for sure didnā€™t šŸ˜….

I have a beautiful daughter who turns two next month!
I wasnā€™t using NC but I was using the Flo app and using ovulation tests to avoid ovulation, Iā€™m not sure what I did wrong but I have a 12 week old šŸ‘¶šŸ½šŸ¤£

Have you considered the Depo?
I went on it after having my baby last year after 15 years on the mini pill.
Best decision I made.

Reactions: 3
I have the Depo shot and it has been a game changer for me.
I'm useless at remembering to take pills and I had three different implants, before someone recommended the Depo shot and I couldn't be happier!

(TMI but I used to bleed A LOT whilst on the implant, I don't bleed on the depo)

My periods were regular before the mini pill, maybe every 2 months, but regular. I track them via the Eve app. X

Have you considered the Depo?
I went on it after having my baby last year after 15 years on the mini pill.
Best decision I made.

I have the Depo shot and it has been a game changer for me.
I'm useless at remembering to take pills and I had three different implants, before someone recommended the Depo shot and I couldn't be happier!

(TMI but I used to bleed A LOT whilst on the implant, I don't bleed on the depo)
Iā€™ve never heard about the Depo shot! Iā€™ll have a look thanks :)

I know this thread hasnā€™t been active for a while.
I came off contraception back in January as we were going to TTC but I got a new job in August so weā€™ve postponed until next year. Anyway, since coming off the implant Iā€™ve only had 2 periods, one in may and one in June. Iā€™m currently on CD104 and getting a bit nervous.. has anyone else experienced this? I donā€™t want there to be any problems down the line when we do TTC but thereā€™s nothing I can do about this now obviously. I was on the implant for 8 years

I know this thread hasnā€™t been active for a while.
I came off contraception back in January as we were going to TTC but I got a new job in August so weā€™ve postponed until next year. Anyway, since coming off the implant Iā€™ve only had 2 periods, one in may and one in June. Iā€™m currently on CD104 and getting a bit nervous.. has anyone else experienced this? I donā€™t want there to be any problems down the line when we do TTC but thereā€™s nothing I can do about this now obviously. I was on the implant for 8 years
Not the implant, but I came off the pill in early June after being on it for over 10 years. I've only had 1 period since then, which was in August. It was unlike my previous periods which I had on my "break week" on the pill, in that my symptoms were completely different and it was a lot heavier (sorry tmi) than normal. I did have a telephone consultation with my GP about it who said that it can take 3-6 months for periods to return to normal so he had no concerns at the moment but said if I was still concerned in a couple of months to make another appointment where they'll schedule some bloods etc. He did say that it's not unusual for periods to be irregular for a while after coming off contraception as your hormones take a little while to balance themselves back out again.

We too are TTC, and it does make me nervous/worried that my periods aren't normal but I guess we've just got to wait it out!

Is the implant or coil better in peoples experiences? There are certain contraception I can't take because I have migraine. The pill (POP) gave me a 3 week period which seemed to be heavier than normal. I've been on depo. As good as it is, I was still having problems with migraine.

Is the implant or coil better in peoples experiences? There are certain contraception I can't take because I have migraine. The pill (POP) gave me a 3 week period which seemed to be heavier than normal. I've been on depo. As good as it is, I was still having problems with migraine.
I have a copper coil as itā€™s hormone free. I canā€™t do hormonal contraceptives and hate condoms, so there are no other options available.

The coil fitting was uncomfortable but over reactively quickly, Iā€™m on my second and had no problems apart from slightly heavier longer periods

Just reopening this thread in the hope that some other people may be kind enough to share their experiences..

Has anyone here who had a poor side effects (acne, low moods etc) with the POP also had similar experiences with the hormonal coil? I was considering the copper coil but my periods are already really heavy and painful, I'd rather not do anything to make them worse!