Constipation 😩 (having a moan. Indulge me.)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am constipated. Mmmmm. Sexy I know. Don’t have anybody else to moan to!

Lactulose was Wrong and Bad, apparently, so I have Laxido. Little orange flavour sachets. Mix with water and so begins the evacuation. So to speak. Now I’m sorry but whoever invented the bastarding stuff has never let it cross streams with an orange in its lifetime. It tastes like swimming pool water that has had an orange bobbing about in it for a few seconds. I am choking it back like i’m on I’m a celeb and ant and dec have just told me to chow down on kangaroo nadgers. THREE TIMES A DAY I have to do this. Guys it is torture, it is hell.

Day 1 and it has done tit all, quite literally. i am terrified to eat in case I bung myself up even further, my stomach has some constant whale song going on, and my anxiety is telling me that I will Never Poo Again.

I can’t even have food I want anyway. No cheese, no milk, nothing rich. I have pulled beef brisket in the fridge, I am dying for it, but I can’t risk it. I cry every time I open the fridge and see it winking back at me. 😩

To make matters worse I haven’t been able to go to university ever since (started out as couldn‘t move for pain, now out of fear I’ll suffer some humiliating Laxido induced accident) - I’ve missed a week. A certain piece of coursework is due in and I submitted it yesterday, only to be told that because I’ve missed the lecture that what I have done is WRONG and I have to re-do it. Except the lecturer has explained it in a weird way and I have no idea what to do and she isn’t responding to my emails.

I feel like a very full, very incompetent person. Send help and :poop: shaped vibes. Please. Hashtag poo free Christmas. 😩😩😩 * sobbing echoes in distance *

Dried prunes. I use Lidl ones. I eat them because I just like the taste of them. But they do get things moving in most cases.

This is weird but once my daughter had it for over 10 days
Gave her pink salt lemon and warm water - it’s called a flush
It worked her belly started bubbling and within an hour she had a movement. Not been blocked up since

Reactions: 1
Constipation remedies I use at work are Apples, Prunes and beans. Drinking plenty of water helps a lot too.
Flaxseeds are also good. I know you feel uncomfortable but you do need to eat to get the digestive system moving 💩💩

Dulcolax always works for me BUT it does give pretty painful cramps for a lot of people (myself included). Just a warning

Have you tried more natural methods like the ‘Moo technique’, Michelle Kennedy on YouTube has a great video. It’s basically breathing to help your body to go.
Orange juice, fennel tea, prunes, lots of water.
Hope you get your uni stuff sorted and your tutor responds soon.

Puréed pear has worked well for my baby daughter recently, I was advised prunes, pears and peas help get things moving, only tried the pear so far but it seemed to work, the warm water thing someone else suggested might help as apparently cold water can bind the poo-poo together more but warm water can loosen in
Good luck, have you been the doctor or asked a pharmacist?

Milk of magnesium. Also adding some orange cordial to laxido really helps.

Thank you everybody, I appreciate the support. Yes, been to doctors, who have put me on Laxido until Friday. Doesn’t seem to be working at the moment though. I am very anxious about it and very fed up. I’m not actually in any pain - just have that sensation - and I can’t sleep at night because I’m so anxious worrying. I just want to go back to normal 😅 I feel like I’m going insane. Maybe I’m just imagining it. 😭

The Doctor just told me to eat plenty of fruit and veg and your usual Weetabix shreddies etc, plenty of water. No cheese no milk and bizarrely no apples. I am terrified to eat anything else. ☹

After I had my baby, I was so constipated! I was terrified of going as I'd had a c section & was on medication which blocked me up too. It got so bad I went to the doctors who gave me these little enema things. I was bloody mortified! But they were amazing! The tiniest little tube of liquid which you squeeze you know where. And within about half an hour, I had been! After agonising ten days, I was okay again! I can't remember what they were called but they were little tubes of miracle! Hope you feel better soon! 🤞🏻

If it's there but it wont come out then try a glycerine suppository from your pharmacist (it will be out within minutes).

Thank you everybody, I appreciate the support. Yes, been to doctors, who have put me on Laxido until Friday. Doesn’t seem to be working at the moment though. I am very anxious about it and very fed up. I’m not actually in any pain - just have that sensation - and I can’t sleep at night because I’m so anxious worrying. I just want to go back to normal 😅 I feel like I’m going insane. Maybe I’m just imagining it. 😭

The Doctor just told me to eat plenty of fruit and veg and your usual Weetabix shreddies etc, plenty of water. No cheese no milk and bizarrely no apples. I am terrified to eat anything else. ☹
Long term laxido user here! Can confirm its awful taste!! Does take a couple of days to work. It doesn't make you go any quicker just softens the poo! I have been on laxido for 2 years after all of a sudden (25 fit and healthy!) became constipated and now cant be without laxido. Take every other day. Yuccccccccck

Long term laxido user here! Can confirm its awful taste!! Does take a couple of days to work. It doesn't make you go any quicker just softens the poo! I have been on laxido for 2 years after all of a sudden (25 fit and healthy!) became constipated and now cant be without laxido. Take every other day. Yuccccccccck
oh that sounds scary ☹ Good on you for coping with it though - lol

i am really scared something is wrong Because it just came on so suddenly. im scared of it being something bad or I will be like this forever. I cannot be like this forever. It is miserable.
Or that I have imagined it. She didn’t feel my tummy or look at my bottom or anything. She just said, I think you need this.

oh that sounds scary ☹ Good on you for coping with it though - lol

i am really scared something is wrong Because it just came on so suddenly. im scared of it being something bad or I will be like this forever. I cannot be like this forever. It is miserable.
Or that I have imagined it. She didn’t feel my tummy or look at my bottom or anything. She just said, I think you need this.
I was worried it was something more serious but she felt my tummy and had GP finger up the bum! Have you changed anything in your life recently ?
Laxido will kick in soon!!

I was worried it was something more serious but she felt my tummy and had GP finger up the bum! Have you changed anything in your life recently ?
Laxido will kick in soon!!
I started pills for my periods back in September (and also had a bad food week just before coming down with this - loads of junk and processed crap which I don’t usually have) so I’m thinking it’s either one of them. All I’m doing at the moment is (TMI!) producing liquid. I hope that’s normal. 😂😭
...It’s so frustrating. I thought it’d be done by now 😩

Sorry to sound like I'm spoiling the fun bit no one should ever really be constipated. I'm recovering from a very massive operation and still on tons of pain meds, but even I'm OK now after a few days of Laxido before I came out of hospital. A proper diet/daily exercise/lots of water and no dietary problems/allergies is enough to make things work - long term laxative use is a sign there's a big problem somewhere.

The consultant gastroenterologist who did my surgery also doesn't believe in IBS 🤷‍♀️ his words "if you have pain or wind or aren't having good motions, keep asking for tests".

Hope you feel better soon - drink a couple of pints of water and go for a run, that's my usual solution to a day without 😂

Sorry to sound like I'm spoiling the fun bit no one should ever really be constipated. I'm recovering from a very massive operation and still on tons of pain meds, but even I'm OK now after a few days of Laxido before I came out of hospital. A proper diet/daily exercise/lots of water and no dietary problems/allergies is enough to make things work - long term laxative use is a sign there's a big problem somewhere.

The consultant gastroenterologist who did my surgery also doesn't believe in IBS 🤷‍♀️ his words "if you have pain or wind or aren't having good motions, keep asking for tests".

Hope you feel better soon - drink a couple of pints of water and go for a run, that's my usual solution to a day without 😂
Thank you. I hope so too. I’ve been quite lucky really I can only think I’ve been constipated majorly three times... twice as a child (due to medication) and now. The thought of this being a long term thing terrifies me - I hope not. I’ve been drinking a lot more (I never drink enough though!!!) and tbh I’m not too bad pain wise but my anxiety is making things feel so much worse. 😅
I hope your recovery is going well and you’re comfortable. I hate operations but i feel for you. 😊