Coming off the pill

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How long after coming off the pill did you get your period? It’s been nearly 7 weeks, I keep cramping but no sign as of yet.
I’ve stopped taking the pill to get pregnant but frustrated that I still haven’t had a period, all tests say not pregnant. Plus I’ve done the thing that you shouldn’t do and googled it. Anyone heard of post pill amenorrhea?
Thanks

When you were on the pill, were you having the withdrawal bleed in between packs? Did you have one at the end of the last pack and haven’t had any bleeding since then?

It can take a while to get back to
Normal. You will probably find it arrives completely out of the blue and may take time to settle down. Have you tried using ovulation sticks to try to see if/when you are ovulating?

I think I got mine after four weeks, it didn't take too long. I'd wait another week and take another preg test then if no period yet personally

I stopped mine nearly 2 weeks ago still nothing yet. Although my mood is shocking I have been acting like a psycho all week so I feel like somethings brewing 🤣

How long were you on the pill for and which one? I think it can take a few weeks for your natural cycle to settle depending on which pill you were on.

No I haven’t had a period since May 2017, haven’t had a withdrawn bleed either. I’ve been on cerelle. I’ve been using ovulation tests, I’m sure I ovulated about 2 weeks after I stopped taking it but haven’t had anything apart from cramping!

Maybe see your GP and see what they say? I was on cerelle a few years ago when it was called cerazette and it made my cycle weird. But I got pregnant when I came off it within a few months if that’s what your worried about!

Reactions: 1
Maybe see your GP and see what they say? I was on cerelle a few years ago when it was called cerazette and it made my cycle weird. But I got pregnant when I came off it within a few months if that’s what your worried about!
I’m going to give it a few more weeks then go and see what they say. I’ve read to give it 3 months but when I googled it some people said they didn’t get a period for 9 months and then I get so scared 😩

😳 mine would decide to appear a few days after I stopped! I couldn’t cope with the pill at all though. Would make me quite poorly 🤒

I was on cerazette and didn't get a period after stopping until about 12-13 months later! When I mentioned my concerns to the doctor after 8 months or so she said it can take up to a year for periods to return after taking that version of the pill! Had I known that, I wouldn't have switched to that version (I was on the combined pill originally, but the nurse switched me over as I was half a stone away from the unsafe weight for it😒)

(Funnily enough, after all the anxiety about when it would return, my period came when I was out on a second date with my now-boyfriend. Typical! 🤪)

So basically, I know the waiting sucks, but if you're concerned go to the gp and ask about it. It might take longer than you'd like for your period to return but once they do it should all be normal again. Try not to worry yourself too much as stress can delay it restarting. Once my periods returned I was in a regular cycle by month 3 though, which was good and I didn't have any problems after that

I know i need to stopped worrying about it, but the waiting is infuriating, especially having cramps but no period. I read about taking different vitamins that help so I’ve stocked up on those, just a waiting game now 😩😩😩

I know i need to stopped worrying about it, but the waiting is infuriating, especially having cramps but no period. I read about taking different vitamins that help so I’ve stocked up on those, just a waiting game now 😩😩😩
Put on nice white pants and white jeans. Guarantee to start once you’ve left the house.

I’m all seriousness. Don’t stress. Our bodies are very sensitive to stress! With myself, when I was underweight and put weight on they’d stop, lose weight they’d stop. I’d just keep a track of things happening like aches, pains, headaches etc and then go armed with a diary of symptoms and dates to my GP. Chin up though 😘

Reactions: 2
Take another test in a week. Cramping can also be embedding pains. I had these in the early weeks of pregnancy that I assumed were period pains so didn’t realise I was pregnant but midwife informed me they were embedding pains.

If you ovulated two weeks after stopping the pill then you could possibly be pregnant. My sister did tests quite early that said she wasn’t pregnant but she was it was just too early to show on her tests (although I believe nowadays you can get tests that do work early).

Have you got any other symptoms? Do your nipples feel sore?

So after 8 and a half weeks I’m having, what I assume, is a withdrawal bleed. But after checking with Dr google I’m now confused as this isn’t brown blood, as in old, but bright red, so new? Apparently a withdrawal bleed would be brown? As anyone had this before? Also very light, no cramping at all. Thanks

Isn’t a withdrawal bleed what you have when you’re on the pill? If you’ve been off it 8 and a half weeks I’d say that’s your normal period starting again.

Reactions: 2
So after 8 and a half weeks I’m having, what I assume, is a withdrawal bleed. But after checking with Dr google I’m now confused as this isn’t brown blood, as in old, but bright red, so new? Apparently a withdrawal bleed would be brown? As anyone had this before? Also very light, no cramping at all. Thanks

Sounds like a normal period to me.