Coming off contraception

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hiya...
Everyone always likes to talk about the horror stories and side effects of starting contraception but very little on coming off it. I've been on different forms since I was 15, 20 years ago!
Pill and mini pill, coil (both types), implant, depo, only having a break to get pregnant and straight back on after my children.

However last year we made the decision no more kids, so vasectomy done and cleared and I came off for good.
It's still early days, my periods haven't returned to normal at all, ranges from 20 days to 60, with periods of 3 days to 16! Lots of pre menstrual cramps and pains and spotting etc.

I've also really struggled with weight loss since. In the 6 months before coming off I lost 2 stone, since then I've not been able to lose any weight at all despite being in a constant calorie deficit and training loads. My shape isn't changing, the inches don't move and neither do the scales. I know what I'm doing with this so it's not my approach, I just can't seem to lose more despite lowering calories etc and upping training and drinking loads of water!

I'm wondering if there's a link to coming off contraception and weight gain? And if anyone can share stories of periods returning to normal?

I came off middle of last year for same reasons as you and my periods are still not back to normal 30-70day cycles, spotting, and when I do have period they are light and don’t last long, not many cramps though and I haven’t tried to lose any weight so I’m not sure about that but I will say I’m around the same as I was when I was on contraception, I was on the patch for years and years, I’m not sure how long it will take to go back to normal as I’m not even sure what my normal is as I have always been on something and just had withdrawal bleeds on my patch free weeks. I can’t even remember what my periods were like when I came off the pill when I tried for a baby as it was so long ago!