Comedowntothewoods

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, despite having its own IG account, the smurfspam is coming thick and fast on the cdttw account. Sheā€™s getting like Alex Stedman and her The Frugality account where she split them to have clear boundaries between personal and business but the actual content is a muddled mess.

Reactions: 6
I came to find this thread as Iā€™ve been watching the Smurf house renovations like this šŸ«£
I find her taste soooooo bad (but ironically sooo expensive). Especially for a Devon holiday homeā€¦ Iā€™m from the West Country and my mum has holiday rentals and assume that people want the country/seaside vibe not something that looks like itā€™s from a B&Q pamphlet. I dread to think what they will do to the new house - not that itā€™s particularly beautiful (imho) but it does have some character which sheā€™s presumably going to completely ignore.

Reactions: 4
People are prepared to compromise on space if the location is great. So staying in a cottage in central St Ives means no outside space but itā€™s a minute walk to beaches and places to eat.
Smug house has a tiny garden that you canā€™t use after 10pm and one reception room which includes the kitchen. Yet the beach is an hours walk away

• Heart
Reactions: 7
People are prepared to compromise on space if the location is great. So staying in a cottage in central St Ives means no outside space but itā€™s a minute walk to beaches and places to eat.
Smug house has a tiny garden that you canā€™t use after 10pm and one reception room which includes the kitchen. Yet the beach is an hours walk away
I agree.

People go on holiday for something different to home, such as being able to walk to the beach (or attractions) in a few minutes. Thatā€™s a holiday drawcard, along with being close enough to walk to a bakery for breakfast provisions and a couple of restaurants for dinner. Bonus points if older children can explore without supervision and/or thereā€™s an amazing view.

Gold light switches and gaudy tiles are really low on my list of holiday must haves.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I wonder if she can only use the garden until 10pm when she is there with the family - she owns it after all? šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 1
More Smurfspam on stories. ā€˜Garden by nightā€™ stuff this time. Bit pointless given it doesnt get dark until 9:30/10pm in summer and there is a 10pm garden curfew šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Still, itā€™s a good opportunity for some sponcon šŸ˜‘

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Ā£6k a week for a holiday house with cushions from Matalan and plates from Asda.

Has she not considered how advertising these cheap brands at the Smurf House could undermine the high end image (and price tag) she is trying to project?

Reactions: 8
am I just really thick or how much money do dentists make?? Even with owning their own practice?? I know itā€™s a well paid job but I wasnā€™t thinking multimillion level!

do we know if her or mr woods come from money?

Reactions: 4
The dentists I know do seem to earn huge amounts of money. More than the lawyers and the other big earning professionals. They have the biggest houses in the best areas. I donā€™t know why or exactly how much they earn but it seems to be big money.

Reactions: 2
Itā€™s not the dentistry; itā€™s the influencing. Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£

It pays astonishingly well and Katie seems to have a steady stream of campaigns. Sheā€™s very vanilla so a safe bet for advertisers and as she has professional qualifications I image she is organised and business like.

Her only misstep seems to be thinking a house in a posh village with a heavily subsidised renovation would attract holidaymakers and command exorbitant rental prices. But her target market amongst her IG followers is minuscule and those who can afford it arenā€™t particularly interested in IG worthy interiors - that can quite literally date within six months to be replaced by a new must have trend.

Flicking her dentistry career seems to have paid off for Katie, but she was sucked right down the influencer plug hole with the Smurf House. (Even the houseā€™s name screams kitsch and down market to me.)

Reactions: 6
The dentists I know are loaded and not influencers! NHS/private dentists just doing the ā€œrun of the millā€ dentistry too. Itā€™s definitely where the money came from initially. She had then ā€œtopped it upā€ with lucrative influencing. I would imagine the bank would only take their ā€œofficial earningsā€ too when offering mortgages etc. influencing would be quite hard to put a figure on I would imagine as alot of the benefits come through gifts of products. Thatā€™s my view anyway.

That garden stuff looks so cheap and insta hun like.

you cannot sell yourself as a high end holiday property and have Asda plates and Matalan cushions. Itā€™s farcical.

her guests will be expecting Oka cushions and Johnathan Adlar dinner plates.

clearly not able to get that stuff gifted

Reactions: 8
The dentists I know are loaded and not influencers! NHS/private dentists just doing the ā€œrun of the millā€ dentistry too. Itā€™s definitely where the money came from initially. She had then ā€œtopped it upā€ with lucrative influencing. I would imagine the bank would only take their ā€œofficial earningsā€ too when offering mortgages etc. influencing would be quite hard to put a figure on I would imagine as alot of the benefits come through gifts of products. Thatā€™s my view anyway.
Katie wouldnā€™t have given up the dentistry if it was more lucrative than influencing. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

But I agree it was initially dentistry that got their foot in the door and now they have a very profitable combination of dentist and influencer.

Influencers are buying multiple properties with neither partner in a traditional role with a predictable income (Mrs Hinch is the first one to come to mind) so I think banks just treat influencing like any other self employment.

Katie wouldnā€™t have given up the dentistry if it was more lucrative than influencing. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

But I agree it was initially dentistry that got their foot in the door and now they have a very profitable combination of dentist and influencer.

Influencers are buying multiple properties with neither partner in a traditional role with a predictable income (Mrs Hinch is the first one to come to mind) so I think banks just treat influencing like any other self employment.
For mortgage purposes it will be based off the last 1-3yrs net profit figures

Do you think she puts all the benefits of her influencing through? I bet she doesnā€™t šŸ™ˆ
I wonder stuff like this - does HMRC consider these things benefits in kind? I work in payroll and Iā€™ve had situations where people have received ā€œperksā€ from their employer - think like a streaming subscription included on their work phone if they work for a phone network - and theyā€™ve been removed because they cause too much BIK hassle.

My accountant says that Dentists are one of the most investigated professions for tax evasion. I was surprised by that. Not suggesting that is the case here, it just reminded me.

People are peering in your windows because everyone knows where your house(s) are because you put it all online & you've made it public property. HTH.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.