Comedowntothewoods

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The rules of the comp said you needed to tag a friend and got 5 extra entries for tagging on stories. Doesn’t mention permitting an unlimited number of entries although the winning account has at least 7 entries on this screen shot alone. There’s 53k comments on her post and 62k entries in her random number generator which suggests 9k entries came from stories. No wonder it took so long to pick a winner
A73DA072-ABC3-457D-AA11-E9887C8DAA8A.jpeg
1E285101-9EE2-4C0B-BA43-309647A7E448.jpeg

Some people have tagged multiple people in one single comment and others have done multiple comments with one name tagged in each comment. Does the first mean just one entry or would you get multiple entries because you tagged more than one person? It’s not clear how she sorted these entries because of the different approaches and lack of clarity in the rules. I’ll be interested to see what the ASA say, please let us know what feedback you get.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
It’s an embarrassment. The absolute cheek of an account with 22k followers whose feed is full of ads entering the competition in the first place. Christ, give the week to a family in need not someone doing up their own home on the back of their followers eyeballs too. 🙄
Totally agree! I knew it would not be an account with a low following. 🤨

The account that won appeared about 5 separate times on the spreadsheet of all the entries, she showed when she was announcing the winner, how many times could people enter?!?
And the spreadsheet showed who they had tagged - all high following accounts. Money goes to money in my opinion! 😡

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
As seen as she has made such a big deal of the holiday home being accessible for disabled people it would have been great to see her have this competition exclusively for them.
Yes, it rules out a lot of people from the competition but it would have been great for a family who need accessible features, etc to have the chance to stay there.

Reactions: 15
As seen as she has made such a big deal of the holiday home being accessible for disabled people it would have been great to see her have this competition exclusively for them.
Yes, it rules out a lot of people from the competition but it would have been great for a family who need accessible features, etc to have the chance to stay there.
And she only did that because her bestie has a child in a wheelchair, all out of self interest so her friends can use the place as well, not so that the house is inclusive to all. I bet if her friend's son was not in a wheelchair she 100% would not have made the house that accessible

I have just spent 48 hours in the capital with a suitcase and accessibility was a nightmare. It must be so frustrating for people using a wheelchair, so more accessible properties is a very good thing.

I suspect adaptations for wheelchairs are the only adaptations that were made to the Smug House, and even then I don’t think the kitchen workbenches were lowered or there is a hoist for the hot tub? People with, say, vision or hearing impairments won’t find it an inclusive property. I wonder if it should just be called ‘ground floor wheelchair accessible’ because you aren’t going to find information in Braille or a hearing loop or a lift or other adaptations people with disabilities require, so it isn’t fully accessible.

I also wonder how easy it is to travel to if you don’t arrive by private car. Are the nearest train stations wheelchair accessible? Are there cabs or Ubers available that can accommodate a wheelchair?

It is almost like Katie is gilding the lily and using accessibility as a key selling point, when the adaptations made have only changed the form and function of the property minimally. It’s not like she has included any adaptations that are aesthetically unpleasing or very costly. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
And she only did that because her bestie has a child in a wheelchair, all out of self interest so her friends can use the place as well, not so that the house is inclusive to all. I bet if her friend's son was not in a wheelchair she 100% would not have made the house that accessible
I didn’t realise this!

I have just spent 48 hours in the capital with a suitcase and accessibility was a nightmare. It must be so frustrating for people using a wheelchair, so more accessible properties is a very good thing.

I suspect adaptations for wheelchairs are the only adaptations that were made to the Smug House, and even then I don’t think the kitchen workbenches were lowered or there is a hoist for the hot tub? People with, say, vision or hearing impairments won’t find it an inclusive property. I wonder if it should just be called ‘wheelchair accessible’ because you aren’t going to find information in Braille or a hearing loop or other adaptations people with disabilities require, so it isn’t fully accessible.

I also wonder how easy it is to travel to if you don’t arrive by private car. Are the nearest train stations wheelchair accessible? Are there cabs or Ubers available that can accommodate a wheelchair?

It is almost like Katie is gilding the Lily and using accessibility as a key selling point, when the adaptations made have only changed the form and function of the property minimally. It’s not like she has included any adaptations that are aesthetically unpleasing. 🤷🏻‍♀️
All really good points! She has just made such a big deal out of it in some of the stories and posts so has made.

Reactions: 2
Oh now the pool she was attempting to get a discount on after she bought it is the most brilliant thing she's ever purchased 🙄

Nice little beg for the LED mask from her free facial yesterday…‘I’m going to save up for it…’ course you are greedy Katie.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It is so very crappy that she's raving about the pool that she wouldn't share with her followers so that they could save some money. Yeah, okay, I get it, the company gets some free publicity out of you, but your followers, who you're always banging on about being so so so lovely, don't deserve to get the saving that you yourself weren't fortunate enough to get. Selfish cow.

Reactions: 5
It is so very crappy that she's raving about the pool that she wouldn't share with her followers so that they could save some money. Yeah, okay, I get it, the company gets some free publicity out of you, but your followers, who you're always banging on about being so so so lovely, don't deserve to get the saving that you yourself weren't fortunate enough to get. Selfish cow.
She is always asking for something, freebies, discounts, recommendations from followers but what does she actual give?????

Genuine question which I’ve been wondering about - is she still a dentist ?

Reactions: 1
Genuine question which I’ve been wondering about - is she still a dentist ?
She's not on the practice website anymore. I imagine she'd retain her registration as its a palaver to get back on if you let it lapse. Even if she's not planning on working it would be helpful to have for emergencies, say 'Woodsy' fell over and broke his arm, he wouldn't be able to work for 6weeks+ but she could go and take over his patients .

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.