Comedowntothewoods

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Two draws unsuccessful until a home renovation account with 22k followers was pulled 🧐

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
It’s an embarrassment. The absolute cheek of an account with 22k followers whose feed is full of ads entering the competition in the first place. Christ, give the week to a family in need not someone doing up their own home on the back of their followers eyeballs too. 🙄

Reactions: 15
She should have stipulated in the terms and conditions that those with home renovation accounts who make money from Instagram were not allowed to enter. The prize draw should have been for normal everyday people who might be struggling to afford a holiday at the moment.

There's no way I would have entered the prize draw anyway but think it's disgusting that an account she follows has won.

Reactions: 15
OF COURSE an Insta friend of hers won out of 1000s of entries… No way was she ever going to risk any randoms getting a free week. But a nice way to generate traffic to both her accounts. Moaning again about putting her hand into her pocket for £40! Staggeringly out of touch.

Reactions: 11
Now she’s moaning about being £40 down from doing the draw - knowing full well that the volume of followers this has generated for her has been worth way more than that.
By my calculations she could have stayed at the smug house for about 1 hr and 10 mins for £40.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
That £40 is a business expense and the receipt will no doubt find its way to her accountant.

Reactions: 9
She should have stipulated in the terms and conditions that those with home renovation accounts who make money from Instagram were not allowed to enter. The prize draw should have been for normal everyday people who might be struggling to afford a holiday at the moment.

There's no way I would have entered the prize draw anyway but think it's disgusting that an account she follows has won.
I completely agree. I don't think anyone who makes money off Instagram & is gifted free tit, should be allowed. Its always quite amusing when the instahuns go wild for competitions & have just been back from a gifted stay in Dubai. I didn't read the t&c of comp but I wonder if the winner had to pay the safety deposit?

Reactions: 6
Nailed on she wasn’t gonna let some random with a private Instagram account win.

She’s ploughed too much money (and freebies) into this holiday home and it hasn’t gone nearly as well as she wanted. Understandably, because she’s asking an insane amount for a weeks stay.

So she needed this ‘winner’ to be someone who can give her free exposure and potentially get her some bookings. It’s all so obvious it’s laughable.

Reactions: 8
Already been 'gifted' a trip to York (30mins from her house) or on the beg for one?

I've reported to the ASA, I'm not completely sure its in there remit but I've done it anyway.
Screenshot_20220607-183454_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I think Mollie Mae got told off by the ASA for a dodgy competition but she didn’t use a computer to generate the winner. It’s no wonder though that people would be suspicious as the draw wasn’t done live and so how do we know that the first 2 people hadn’t followed the rules properly if we don’t know who they were? Why would you enter and not follow the simple rules of the comp and isn’t it a bit of a coincidence that the first 2 winners were both unable to follow the rules? Hope she kept a video or screen shot of the first 2 random draws otherwise it’s just her word against the ASA that she didn’t keep picking until she found someone that suited her best 🤷🏽‍♀️

The rules of the comp should have excluded other influencer accounts from entering. Bet there’s a lot of disgruntled followers.

Reactions: 2
Wonder if those who were “drawn” and weren’t following her had recently unfollowed because she’s turning into a bit of a twit???

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Already been 'gifted' a trip to York (30mins from her house) or on the beg for one?

I've reported to the ASA, I'm not completely sure its in there remit but I've done it anyway. View attachment 1325768
The ASA cover their regulation of competitions here https://www.asa.org.uk/advice-online/promotional-marketing-prize-draws-in-social-media.html

From a brief look, it seems there maybe an issue with signposting the terms and conditions.

However the ASA are completely and utterly toothless so - even if they do make a ruling - it’s only more fodder for the inevitable “nasty trolls” stories

Reactions: 4
The account that won appeared about 5 separate times on the spreadsheet of all the entries, she showed when she was announcing the winner, how many times could people enter?!?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.