Come talk to me...(insomnia)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve only slept for two hours in the past 48 hours and now I’m not tired at all it’s like I’ve gone past feeling tired. Dunno what to do. Do any of you get prescribed sleeping tablets?
I did years ago but they weren’t great as a v low dosage. I am gonna try get some again though as getting really fed up of having 1 good nights sleep then going back to normal the following night and I just don’t wanna get up in the mornings and end up napping cos just constantly tired. My fella has a go at me for it but it’s just so hard sometimes. I’d love to be like him and fall asleep 2 mins after my head hits the pillow then wake up fine and not nap ever.

Aw what a cutie though. I have the dog with me too as per but my sons in his bed, he doesn’t like sleeping with me anymore 😄 I’ve never watched greys anatomy - I should do though as heard lots about it.
I’m only on something like the 5th episode of the first season but so far it seems good.

Hi 👋🏼

can I jump on and join the gang 🤣

usually a very tit sleeper anyway (asleep about 3am) but I’m on my first night shift tonight. Roll on 8am 🥴🥴
night shifts are about the only time the tiredness hits. Around 4am. Hang in there!

I’ve only slept for two hours in the past 48 hours and now I’m not tired at all it’s like I’ve gone past feeling tired. Dunno what to do. Do any of you get prescribed sleeping tablets?
I seem to be immune to them so can’t comment personally, however I administer them at work to my patients (I only administer meds, don’t prescribe) and yes they seem to be effective. Various meds have various effects, some leave a user feeling groggy throughout the day but they tend to be the old fashioned first generation antihistamine types. More recent and specific label sleeping aids tend to be very effective these days with minimal disruption to daily life. Obviously you’ll need a good chat with your GP about your sleep habits and to discuss any other medication you may be on, some tablets help you fall asleep, others work by keeping you asleep. You want one with as short a half possible whilst still being effective for you personally.

Last edited:
Woke up at 4am this morning, couldn't sleep and figured I may as well start work early - so here I am (mind you, I spent the last hour just catching up on emails)

It wasn’t too bad actually. I was dreading it. I felt tired at 12 for a little bit then after 2 I was fine. Lagged a little at 7 but finished at 8 and now I’m wide awake!! I’m just hoping I get a good sleep as I’m back tonight 🙈😫

I’m only on something like the 5th episode of the first season but so far it seems good.

night shifts are about the only time the tiredness hits. Around 4am. Hang in there!

I seem to be immune to them so can’t comment personally, however I administer them at work to my patients (I only administer meds, don’t prescribe) and yes they seem to be effective. Various meds have various effects, some leave a user feeling groggy throughout the day but they tend to be the old fashioned first generation antihistamine types. More recent and specific label sleeping aids tend to be very effective these days with minimal disruption to daily life. Obviously you’ll need a good chat with your GP about your sleep habits and to discuss any other medication you may be on, some tablets help you fall asleep, others work by keeping you asleep. You want one with as short a half possible whilst still being effective for you personally.

Me too - I’ve been awake since 1am. Terrible insomnia from Graves Disease (over active thyroid)

I work shifts so I have no sleep pattern at all. I often find myself struggling to sleep even though I'm exhausted. I'm currently on a nightshift. I am back in on earlies friday so I need to try and wake up early today.
My anxiety has been really bad lately due to stuff happening at home so I have been awake a lot, I have plowed through so many books though, I'm averaging about 3 a week.

Reactions: 1
I work shifts so I have no sleep pattern at all. I often find myself struggling to sleep even though I'm exhausted. I'm currently on a nightshift. I am back in on earlies friday so I need to try and wake up early today.
My anxiety has been really bad lately due to stuff happening at home so I have been awake a lot, I have plowed through so many books though, I'm averaging about 3 a week.
😳 At the books. I can't read and take stuff in when I can't sleep.

Are you at least on days off tomorrow/Thursday before your early on Friday?

Oh i have to read or I just wind myself up and fight with my duvet. I've been reading 80s style slasher novels since March and my dreams have been either full on horror movie or full on dirty sex with inappropriate men :ROFLMAO:

Yes I have today and Thurs off so I'm just going to use those days to catch up on housework. I really want to get back into exercise too, its been a few years since I worked out regularly and I do miss it.

• Wow
Thought I was the only one!
Glad to have found this thread.... will return when insomnia hits me again undoutedbly in a few days time...

Oh i have to read or I just wind myself up and fight with my duvet. I've been reading 80s style slasher novels since March and my dreams have been either full on horror movie or full on dirty sex with inappropriate men :ROFLMAO:

Yes I have today and Thurs off so I'm just going to use those days to catch up on housework. I really want to get back into exercise too, its been a few years since I worked out regularly and I do miss it.
I couldn't sleep if I read books like that! I'm no good at horror films either.

Thought I was the only one!
Glad to have found this thread.... will return when insomnia hits me again undoutedbly in a few days time...
We should turn this into a late night club, a place to chat tit and pass away the hours 😂

I like the idea of a late night club!!
I love escaping in horror novels, especially set in the 80s. I envy people who fall asleep as soon as their head hits the pillow.

I like the idea of a late night club!!
I love escaping in horror novels, especially set in the 80s. I envy people who fall asleep as soon as their head hits the pillow.
It's a date! Sometimes, I am s person who falls asleep as my head hits the pillow. It's staying asleep that's my issue.

Morning 👋🏼 4am here again. Too much on my mind to sleep at the moment.
My alarm has just gone off here, and now I'm sleepy