Come talk to me...(insomnia)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh what a good idea having this thread. Not slept tonight yet. Can't stop thinking about my mum. She's in her 90s living in a care home and I've no idea when I can see her again. Christmas just won't be the same.

Anyone else out there unable to sleep right now?

Reactions: 1
I can’t sleep ... my ring doorbell camera detected a person at my front door at 1.36am. I can’t see anything on the video but that’s not surprising as it’s pitch black where we live. Absolutely terrified of going to sleep now 😨

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I can’t sleep ... my ring doorbell camera detected a person at my front door at 1.36am. I can’t see anything on the video but that’s not surprising as it’s pitch black where we live. Absolutely terrified of going to sleep now 😨
Omg this would actually terrify me, no wonder you can’t sleep. I’m a night owl anyway so I’m always up late, doing random things.

Bless you 😭

Try not to worry, probably an animal or something setting off the sensor. Happens to my nans one all the time!

Try not to worry, probably an animal or something setting off the sensor. Happens to my nans one all the time!
I thought animals ones just say motion ... or at least that’s what it says when there is a fox. Shouldn’t have bloody googled it though because now it’s talking about heat sensors and accurate person detection.Stupid thing does your head in when your home alone ... not helped by the fact that I lost two sets of door keys recently 🙄

• Wow
I thought animals ones just say motion ... or at least that’s what it says when there is a fox. Shouldn’t have bloody googled it though because now it’s talking about heat sensors and accurate person detection.Stupid thing does your head in when your home alone ... not helped by the fact that I lost two sets of door keys recently 🙄
Don’t worry, I know ring doorbells aren’t always accurate, my one goes off randomly sometimes too, so I wouldn’t trust it completely. Maybe try something to ease your mind and relax a bit?

Don’t worry, I know ring doorbells aren’t always accurate, my one goes off randomly sometimes too, so I wouldn’t trust it completely. Maybe try something to ease your mind and relax a bit?
Thanks.
It’s blowing a gale outside so maybe that’s an issue ... or one of the sheep 🐑 or cows 🐮 got out for a wander. We have a herd of deer here too so I’m now trying to convince myself it’s an animal that is big enough to be a person in the dark 🤣 Still got my bedroom door locked though ...

• Heart
Resurrecting this thread as I’ve noticed a lot of people struggling to sleep recently. @MrsOgre I saw your comment on the ptwm thread.
Happy 3am people 🙁

Hey , fellow insomniacs .... I have had trouble sleeping for years but sertraline 150mg has taken it to new levels .Plus terrible restless legs .
I have just went back to work after 4 months off .
I was on Zoplicone for two months then it stopped working , tried Trazadone / diazepam with no joy . I have went back to taking zoplicone after a months break and it does work if I take it very occasionally.
Im on a graded return currently ... which I’m grateful for , much less hours and shifts starting at 1 pm.
It won’t be long till I’m back at 5.30 am starts though .... sometimes I don’t fall asleep till 7 am . It’s torture .

Hey , fellow insomniacs .... I have had trouble sleeping for years but sertraline 150mg has taken it to new levels .Plus terrible restless legs .
I was on Zoplicone for two months then it stopped working , tried Trazadone / diazepam with no joy . I have went back to taking zoplicone after a months break and it does work if I take it very occasionally.
Im on a graded return currently ... which I’m grateful for , much less hours and shifts starting at 1 pm.
It won’t be long till I’m back at 5.30 am starts though .... sometimes I don’t fall asleep till 7 am . It’s torture .
I have ziplicone which I take very rarely, doesn’t work on me unfortunately

I'm on 200mg of sertraline and my sleep is so bad. Zopiclone hardly makes a difference either, I take promethazine as well but i seem to always be awake until 4/5am

I used to be on a really strong antihistamine and it was the only thing that tended to help, unfortunately I’m currently on citalopram and they can’t be taken together

Magnesium before bed is supposed to help.You need to take it a few days before it starts to help.

At this point I would probably pay someone to hit me over the head with a brick.
I've had one of my mental health meds changed and boooyy am I feeling it 😨

At this point I would probably pay someone to hit me over the head with a brick.
I've had one of my mental health meds changed and boooyy am I feeling it 😨
I can empathise with you!

I have ‘chronic’ insomnia. I’m on a lot of meds but still don’t sleep well at all but as long as I get an hour or two it’s better than nothing as after a few days I tend to go psychotic and that never ends well!

hope everyone gets some sleep at least. I have a bad tooth abscess and only managed an 90 minutes of sleep but I’m going to try again now.

I regularly wake up at 3am, and that’s me up and awake. I started to try going to bed later but I still wake up 2.30-3.30am. I worked a lot of nights and strange times for 30 years until I lost my job last year and have never been a good sleeper but not as bad as I am now but I guess my age doesn’t help either. I know I’m stressed to duck about not working and how much longer we can pay our mortgage etc so that’s not helping one bit. Spending so much time with the OH isn’t easy either on both of us as I regularly spent time away and we’ve never, in our long marriage spent this much time together constantly. It’s not normal!! I’ve tried a few of the over the counter sleeping tablets etc but they don’t really work.