Collin the Caterpillar Vs Cuthbert the Caterpillar - M&S Vs Aldi Caterpillar Cakes

Where does your loyalty lie.

• Team Colin (M&S)

Votes: 95 38.2%
  • Team Cuthbert (Aldi)

Votes: 154 61.8%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably an idea for one thread on #freecuthbert and what's turning into the most spectacular own goal for M&S (who I have limited sympathy for as they often nab stuff from small producers to then recreate in their own brand).

20210417_092356.jpg
Screenshot_20210417-092329_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Its been very funny. M&S are pissed because the face is the same, other retailers used a different coloured face. Apparently Colin and Cuthbert are produced in the same factory and I'm pissed because we don't have aldi and everyone says its great 😑

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Was listening to Jeremy Vine yesterday lunchtime discussing this (I am 28 and consider myself too old now for the racket that is radio 1 😂) and they had a lady phone in whose son is at uni and for his birthday him and his flat mates had a caterpillar cake party a few weeks ago and managed to find nine!!!!! Different caterpillar cakes from different supermarkets and ranked them 😂 apparently Colin actually won, the one they rated least came from One Stop! Idk how their caterpillar cake party alone didn’t go viral, what an amazing idea 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
It’s my birthday next Sunday and at the big age of (nearly) 22 I have asked for a Colin the Caterpillar after last eating one when I was 6! Although this is making me reconsider! I think M&S are being petty. I know there’s the deal about intellectual property and look-a-likes, but the Sainsbury’s one looks spot on too and they haven’t been hit for it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I want to marry whoever is in charge of the Aldi social media account!

* quietly adds Cuthbert to birthday shopping list *

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Haha this is too funny! M&S have just gone and boosted the sales for Aldi!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Aldi have played this so well, love that other brands are jumping in too. M&S made themselves look like dicks!
Marketing masterclass! 🙌

Reactions: 24
I'm kind of surprised it's taken this long for someone to sue a supermarket over brand ripoff though, given how blatant some of them are.

Reactions: 16
I'm kind of surprised it's taken this long for someone to sue a supermarket over brand ripoff though, given how blatant some of them are.
Aldi have been at it for years, so many own brand products that are a blatant rip off of big name brands.

It's about time somebody slapped Aldi down for it. I'm just not sure M&S doing it over the Caterpillar cake is going to achieve the slapping down.

Reactions: 17
M&S made themselves look like dicks!
Marketing masterclass! 🙌
M&S have sure shown everyone that calls them out of touch dinosaurs 😶

I wouldn't miss them if they went to be honest. All that plastic they use puts me off as well as appointing terrible brand ambassadors like Rochelle off of The Saturdays.

Reactions: 17
Aldi have got in hot water before now, wasn't there a hullabaloo about Charlotte Tilbury products and other beauty brands. They love it! It looks like this is just their thing now, still funny though 🤣
I have to say I do love a bit of M&S but somehow a small bag of groceries comes to about £40.

Reactions: 10
Aldi have been at it for years, so many own brand products that are a blatant rip off of big name brands.
I don't think there's much walkers can do about sprinters crisps or mars can do about titan bars because anyone buying those is fully aware they're buying an own brand. Although they do sail very close to the wind.

If the M&S cake and Aldi cake are made in the same factory and the main difference is one is significantly cheaper it's going to do wonders for Aldi sales and the legal fees will be so much less even if ruled against than it would have cost for all this advertising.

M&S didn't invent the cake, most likely they were the first to mass produce. It feels like they fell for the trap Aldi set by using a very similar chocolate face 😆

Reactions: 16
What could get interesting is all the brand's that have haven't had a good time dealing with M&S piling on. Only brewdog chipping in so far

Thanks for the drama marks and snitches 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Sure Aldi were in legal action with slimming world and so we’re Asda and had to change their packaging for the rip off SW meals.

Reactions: 6