Colleen Ballinger / Miranda Sings

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kim Kardashian had a valid medical reason not to have another baby...not just because she hated being fat. As we all know that was Colleen's main bug bear to pregnancy even with a few complications that many women have and grin and bear it as much as they can. Plus any good medical professional would tell Colleen it's unlikely to be the same second time around.
Oh I completely agree the weight gain was her biggest issue but I still think she struggled so much she’s not gonna get pregnant again anytime soon. I’d be shocked if she did at all again! ? I don’t know anything about Kim but she seemed to hate being pregnant as well.

Reactions: 2
Oh I completely agree the weight gain was her biggest issue but I still think she struggled so much she’s not gonna get pregnant again anytime soon. I’d be shocked if she did at all again! ? I don’t know anything about Kim but she seemed to hate being pregnant as well.
I forgot what was the medical condition that occured but her doctor advised her not to try again. Not that am a fan of the Kardashians at all.

Reactions: 1
more whine

2018 was SO HARD, BECAUSE SHI* SHOW GOT CANCELLED

I starred in a movie
I went on tv
I wrote another NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER.
(is it really easy to be on bestsellers nowadays or what)

I released TWO lipsticks

NOTE: by the 4 minutes mark, it's apparrant how it is not about how 2018 was a HARD YEAR
She's just boasting

I was in a Disney movie

AND ARIANNA asked me to be in her MUSIC VIDEOOOOOOOOOOOO ,most viewed video in 24 hours

THERE WAS NOT A SINGLE DAY OF MY PREGNANCY THAT WAS ENJOYABLE <- COLLEEN 2018

i WAS FAINTING, BLAH, COULDN'T BREATH, PEE EVERY 5 SECONDS....... BLAHBLAH

he was supposed to come on Jan 1,2019 but now I have the sweetest boy

I am so appreciative of all of you hearing me whine and whine and whine

I love all of you

BAH
c.png

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just reported her to ASA for the blatant advertising of that website with vitamins.

She has the worst diet ever and she's suddenly all hey y'all I'm taking healthy vitamins now! Yes, right. That will be the day!

Not one single #AD or #Affiliate.

The link she provided is an affiliate link.

And she managed to stretch it over 5 instagram stories saying how amazing it is lol

Not the first time she's done this kind of thing, and her fans are really young mostly. So they'll have no clue they're being sold too, especially with that heart. Hopefully the ASA will warn her, she's done it so many times.

Oh and after all that drama and bs and crying she did about quitting touring, she's going back on tour!

She made out it's because she misses her fans and wants to meet them, but it's fairly obvious that's how she makes her big bucks.

And she's gonna drag the poor baby along too.

^ Will the ASA do anything when it's a vlog from a different country? Surely the guidelines for the UK can't simply be transposed to the US??

I'm genuinely confused about this. I guess the argument could be that the ASA rules apply simply because vlogs can be seen in the UK but if that's true then practically all US vloggers will be in trouble as their rules around disclosure seem to be much less strict than ours.

I also can't see many foreign Youtubers taking kindly to being under rules from a different country; throws up all sorts of issues around sovereignty and national identity etc

This is a big problem for any guidelines or legislation on the internet though, the fact that it covers so many different sovereign states with different laws, makes it almost impossible to effectively police.
We need universally agreed guidelines which carry real effective penalties. A good spell in jail would do a lot of Youtubers the world of good. Lol

ASA/CMA guidance will only be applicable to U.K. based influencers, so don’t waste your time reporting the Americans, or anyone else.

Reactions: 2
I watched a vlog the other day about her saying how pregnancy 'ruined her body'. she then goes on to show us some "weird marks" on her body and gets all dramatic and upset about it. THOSE ARE STRETCH MARKS... are you kidding me? she's saying pregnancy gave her a couple stretch marks a bigger tummy and that ruined her body? ughdsfuh.

Also, i honestly feel so bad for her husband.. she's bragging on her ig story how he always brings her breakfast in bed and makes her cookies and cares for her n stuff. what has she ever done for him? i mean sure, she has a baby its a lot to handle but not once have i heard her talk about doing anything for him, its always about her and how life is sooo hard. everytime she vlogs him i can just see how fed up he is.

Erik just looks so done in the videos that he's in. I bet you he's constantly thinking:

"What in the F*CK did I get myself into?"

Reactions: 3
I haven’t watched her in sooooo long.
So the eating disorder looks to be back in full force.
“You should never ask a woman how she lost the baby weight”
Also Colleen on Instagram to another new mum
Skinny Minnie!!!! How do you look so good!

She’s breastfeeding exclusively yet she’s also admitting she’s “too stressed” to eat 🧐

She uploaded videos about Trying on my maternity clothes “omg they're so big!”
Then uploads a video saying "Don't praise me for losing weight! I just stopped eating” 🤔

But all of her content up until that point has been low key flaunting how well she’s been starving herself 🤷‍♀️
I’m lost... 😐

Reactions: 5
Also they way she talks about and acts with Flynn almost makes it looks like she’s a single mother. “Stressful tour with MY baby” in her 6 months baby update she said because she has such a unpredictable life she is ok with Flynn not sleeping through the night, she only needs to make sure he is used to sleeping in “mommy’s arms”. What about Erik? She also always says how Erik is wonderful and “helps” her so much.. UGH I get so annoyed when moms say that! He’s not “helping” you he is doing his job as a dad. It shouldn’t only the moms responsibility and the dads helping. For someone like Colleen so against gender stereotypes I truly don’t understand why she says things like that.

Reactions: 3
I haven’t watched any Colleen/Miranda videos in months. I actually only watched some of the Miranda videos for the first time maybe like a year and a half ago... I knew of her but got the impression I wouldn’t find the humour funny. Then I watched some of them and thought they where pretty good... the thing for me was that after I’d watched a few I stopped finding it funny 🤷‍♀️ And I got tired of seeing half chewed food fall from her mouth. I do get why children would find it funny as Miranda is similar to a circus type clown.
So then I started watching some of Colleens (as herself) channel and quite enjoyed it... at first. It became obvious to me that she has issues with food... however, what I believe is unusual for someone with disordered eating is to constantly draw attention to how skinny they are. Everyone is different of course. I struggled with an ED for years and I never would have called myself skinny or thin or tiny because even when I was underweight I didn’t see that. No, I didn’t look in the mirror and see an overweight person, I saw myself as a “normal” “average” size with perhaps a few areas I’d like to lose weight from. As I said the disorder is different for everyone but having met many others with EDs there are also a lot of similarities in thoughts and behaviours. I have never come across anyone like Colleen, who quite obviously has issues with food and body image... yet seems to be quite narcissistic. She talks about herself so much. I found it unsettling. And trying on childhood clothes... no and why. I do get the impression she craves compliments and would find any sort of criticism (constructive or otherwise) very hard to take. And I’m thinking that usually when someone constantly seems to be digging for compliments it means they didn’t get enough praise as a child... but I’m like 99% sure this isn’t the case for Colleen... in videos (hers, her sisters and brothers) I’ve heard her mother call all her children beautiful and mention how proud she is.
I was happy for her when she announced her pregnancy but it wasn’t long after this that I stopped watching her. She said pregnancy “ruined” her body. She didn’t even seem to understand what stretch marks are and basically described them as horrible. I completely agree women should be able to rant when pregnant because I’m sure it’s extremely difficult and I don’t know if I’d be strong enough to do it... but the way she was complaining was so wrong, inappropriate and ignorant. There where comments from teens saying stuff like “I’m only 14 and not pregnant and I wear a bigger size than that 🙁” or “you’re making me feel like my body is weird coz I have those marks on my boobs” and comments from grown women who where clearly upset by her saying that her body was ruined. And of course the usual “you look amaaaazing Queen don’t worry”
Obviously anyone has a right to rant and feel negatively about themselves but anyone who is a youtuber has a responsibility not to make their viewers feel bad about themselves. And with a high percentage of her fans being kids she has to be even more careful as kids might not be able to rationalise that the things Colleen are describing (like stretch marks) are normal in pregnancy and also normal when you are growing into an adult. Honestly I liked Colleen at first, she can be very funny but she doesn’t seem to consider other people much. And I’m not opposed to bodily fluid jokes but she does it all the time and is just painting herself as gross as the character she plays.
I also want to add that I can’t think of anything negative to say about her brothers channel ‘The Ballinger Family’ I love watching their videos, they are good people and their kids are lovely. Jessica is pregnant and shows how happy she is, yes she’s tired, yes it’s hard work but she’s proud of what her body can do. I do think they probably find Colleen hard to be around at times. There was one video where they (Chris and his kids + Colleen) watched videos of Chris and Colleen as children. And I swear most of the video was Colleen saying “omg look at ME look at me did you hear what I did what I said” and I got the impression it irked Chris a bit. He grew up with her so probably knows better than most how self obsessed she can be.
I like her sister Rachel too. Her family come across really well.
As I said other than looking at her Instagram from time to time I don’t really keep up with her anymore so maybe motherhood has changed her a bit..? I don’t know. Now because I don’t want this all to be negative I will add:
- Her baby boy is beautiful.
-I’m happy for her getting a part in a musical as I actually think she has a lovely singing voice.
-it’s awesome that she often hosts big parties for her family (including extended family)
-I don’t really see an issue with her being friends with JoJo Siwa as their families get on well so it’s more like they’re all friends.

Phew, ok I’m done.

God her apartment tour was annoying. Going on about how much cookies, ice cream and other junk she eats then saying she never works out or exercises. So damaging and disingenuous

Anyone who puts their Xmas decorations up at the beginning of November is just a massive attention seeker in my eyes

Oh gosh, there's so much to say. I want to share some ss soon of just how much she is milking this pregnancy! It's insane, she's made thousands already and she's only 3 months gone!

So a while back I noticed Haters Back Off had been cancelled, and she was click baiting like crazy to get views, which were at an all time low. Things like she's quitting youtube, she's pregnant, etc and none of it true. She even did a 'having a baby with my gay best friend' when she knew was pregnant with someone else.. I mean what is the point of these clickbait titles.

Just two years ago Colleen was married to a guy and they had the most cringe youtube wedding. It was truly awful. Her vows were a joke. She treated him really badly in her vlogs and left him just before haters back off was beginning to be filmed. They have been together years, and I always thought her timing of leaving just before the show was to keep all the $$ for herself. Fair enough.

After netflix cancelled her show & she had slipped out of people's radar, her views were low, she was constantly plugging her tour and it was clear she couldn't fill seats. I predicted Colleen will have to do something major to save this. She either needs something new and interesting and creative to move on to, or she will do something really desperate for attention.

Shortly after, I see her Trending. She is pregnant irl! And she is not just dating her co-star in Haters (the guy who plays Miranda's love interest, Patrick, and who all the young fans ship) but they are secretly engaged !! She even said she wanted to Kylie Jenner her fans. By saying nothing then a big reveal. lol.

I was Boom! something really desperate, it is :cautious:

Now it's endless pregnancy vlogs, for which she's making a fortune. She also promoted her book and tour throughout her pregnancy vlogs, inc the gender reveal. Now she's back uploading ALL of the time, on all 3 channels, and raking in the bucks and popularity! The fans went crazy that's she's with 'Patrick', they are lapping it up. It's almost as though, now the series has ended, they're continuing with the story line. She's even got the character of Miranda saying she's pregnant too.

I feel terribly cynical, but the whole thing just reeks of salvaging her career while REALLY rubbing her ex husbands nose in it. She's behaving so fake in her vids with new bf, that was the second alarm bell for me, she absolutely GUSHES about him like she's 15, saying how she's never loved anyone this much etc etc and he looks at her like :eek::confused: so confused. At the very least, it's very disrespectful to her (recent) ex-husband, who has gone on youtube to say how devasted he was when she left. Nothing's adding up abour her behaviour, she was truly awful to her ex husband, yet this guy can do no wrong. He is also the simplest creature, bless him, but really. Colleen comes across as smart, with a steely core and a drive to succeed. She will eat this dude alive!

So while people are over excited about them together, and getting their happily ever after, I have seen her in action and I honestly think he's a lamb to the slaughter. I hope I'm wrong! For the moment my main gripe is her using this baby to promote all her channels like crazy, and for endlessly complaining how difficult it is, while telling people to buy tickets for her show which apparently wasn't selling well before but now is. A show she makes out is a massive undertaking, when it's just under 1 hour long, and is the same show she has done for years on a loop.

Yet out of the pregnancy news she got two big tv interviews, so there's that ig. It has been a huge improvement to her career, this rel'ship & baby! ;)

Urgh there's sooo much more though, really. so much more!
I know it’s been a while since this was posted but, for those that will still see this.

I think it is important to fact check some one what you are saying. Its important to remember that YouTube is her job and how she makes her income. By getting people to click on her videos she is making a living for herself, this isn’t some outside way for her to swindle people out of money.
In regards to her ex-husband Josh: he is happily remained, in fact, he got remarried about a year before she did. Her talking about a new significant other or how great things are going for her don’t have to be about rubbing it in someone else’s face, especially if he is already married to someone else again. Colleen and Josh also remained together in a long distance relationship during the filming of Haters Back Off, they have many videos providing that.
Also, she is a first time mom! It’s an exciting, stressful, new times and that is something that her fans that follow her want to see. You don’t HAVE to follow her channel, especially if it is full of content you don’t want to see, no one is forcing you. This is a way that she has been making her income for years so of course she is going to try and keep that business alive, because that is what it is, a business.

God her apartment tour was annoying. Going on about how much cookies, ice cream and other junk she eats then saying she never works out or exercises. So damaging and disingenuous
i heard that She had a eating disorder.

4 times she moaned about how tired she was, because she had to get up early for her Hawaii holiday. Boo freaking hoo.

I'm so surprised that Colleen doesn't have more threads/comments on here. Honestly, she's one of the most problematic and annoying YouTubers around. There's a lot to discuss, a lot of tea to spill.

Where is everyone?
Y'all should be up in this thread :ROFLMAO:

I’m here girl
YASSSSSSSSS

Alright so I will start by saying.... it's weird that she's now trying on wedding dresses and planning a "wedding party" over a year later JUST FOR VIEWS.

She's content to basically stay silent on her actual wedding. She kept her relationship/engagement/wedding secret for so long, she's kept all the details on the downlow. The fact she was so hesitant to talk about her marriage/wedding just struck me as really weird BUT NOT AS WEIRD AS MILKING A WEDDING CEREMONY NOW THAT SHE'S ALREADY MARRIED. It's purely for views! I'm married and I cannot imagine having a big wedding party more than a year later. Maybe I'd do a party on our ten year wedding anniversary or something to celebrate cause enough time would've passed and I'd certainly not be in a wedding dress. DON'T WEAR A WEDDING DRESS IF IT ISNT YOUR WEDDING DAY.

Greedy Colleen wanted to be cool and cause a frenzy by revealing she got married in secret but NOW she wants to cash in.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.