Cold Feet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved seeing the guy from Monarch of the Glen (Tina's ex) in the first series of the remake! :love: (Loved Monarch of the Glen so much).

I'm pleased it's done and dusted for now (the writer / producer / someone like that Tweeted to that effect) - it's the perfect time to leave it. There were a couple of annoying loose ends from this past series - such as where the cafe owner got to (and did she mind David leaving for the role at the bank?), and whether Karen was going to work from Manchester or move to London. Plus, some story lines appeared to end prematurely, such as the suicidal guy that Pete helped, and the woman who Pete was considering cheating on Jenny with ... that particular one went nowhere yet it had so much potential - it all felt a bit disjointed.

Karen seemed incredibly grumpy and exhausted ... she was hard to watch. Despite going back to work in corporate, David still dressed like he was down in the dumps (with his cardigans and jerseys - not office attire), which was depressing. I wish they'd kept his romance going with the woman from Netflix's 'The Stranger' as that seemed more believable than him going back to Robyn. For me, Jenny was definitely the standout star in the remade seasons which is funny as I loathed her in the early series :LOL:. There was never any mention of what she did for work though (either taking time off from it or returning to it at some point) - wasn't she a conference organiser at a hotel in the first season of the remake? They weren't wealthy, and even though her sister agreed to give her some money from her mother's estate, it wasn't enough to retire on.

Cold Feet was a great watch in its early days ... I hope something as witty and engaging will be made to replace it.

I read an interview with the guy who plays David, where he said that the cast aren't friends at all and don't keep in contact; but then I read an interview with one of the female actors (can't remember who), who said that they all keep in contact via WhatsApp. Someone's telling fibs :ROFLMAO:! I wonder why Helen Baxendale didn't want to return - she was given the option to do so for the remake, but declined (they probably would have had her appear in the form of flashbacks or something). Maybe she fell out with the cast or felt the show was beneath her (speculation on my part, as I don't like her! :devilish:).

Reactions: 3
I’ve always found Karen pretty boring and unhappy all the time so I don’t see what Adam sees in her lol
I’ve just finished watching this series and I’m glad it finished nicely and I don’t think there’s any need for it to come back

Reactions: 2
I think Cold Feet was good in it's heyday but could have been great if they'd got their casting better. Karen was always so cold, grumpy and unlikable and Adam is supposed to be a lovable cheeky chappy but he's odious. I love Pete though. Also, I kept seeing people talking about a shocking twist but did I miss something? :ROFLMAO:

I think Cold Feet was good in it's heyday but could have been great if they'd got their casting better. Karen was always so cold, grumpy and unlikable and Adam is supposed to be a lovable cheeky chappy but he's odious. I love Pete though. Also, I kept seeing people talking about a shocking twist but did I miss something? :ROFLMAO:
I don't think so? Nothing stands out in my memory ...

I’ve always found Karen pretty boring and unhappy all the time so I don’t see what Adam sees in her lol
I’ve just finished watching this series and I’m glad it finished nicely and I don’t think there’s any need for it to come back
Am I the only one who doesn’t think she can act? She is just so monotone pretty much all of the time.

Reactions: 3
Am I the only one who doesn’t think she can act? She is just so monotone pretty much all of the time.
I haven't really seen her in anything else (I may have watched her once or twice in that crime drama she appeared in a while back but can't recall what she was like in that), but her boring and aloof persona made perfect sense when she was married to David ... she just seemed like a frustrated executive's wife. She came across as cranky in the latter episodes though ... I thought as a publisher she would've been more nurturing.

I haven't really seen her in anything else (I may have watched her once or twice in that crime drama she appeared in a while back but can't recall what she was like in that), but her boring and aloof persona made perfect sense when she was married to David ... she just seemed like a frustrated executive's wife. She came across as cranky in the latter episodes though ... I thought as a publisher she would've been more nurturing.
I think I watched her in The Pudding Club or something like that, it was a Kay Mellor drama that appeared to be based on Millie Johnson's book about a group of pregnant women who all became friends. She was exactly like Karen, same monotone dreary voice and stressed.

She was also in the latest series of Luther. Her character in that was a bit of a boring corporate type.