Climate Change

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With The United Nations Climate Change Conference - COP20 this weekend thought it might be worth setting up a thread.

I think this is one of the best short videos I've seen on it (his stuff is always so well done)

This one has a few points I disagree with but overall really artiulates the social and individual points well (I don't think they've disclosed adequately that it was sponsored by Bill gates though)

I work in an industry that is very involved in climate change, and there’s a real vibration around COP which I find fascinating. Change is brewing, times are changing.

Reactions: 1
Honestly I don't think COP will achieve anything big or worthwhile, though I can see something coming from it which gives people hope and that will be it
It may be a pessimistic take, but we have seen time and time again countries pledging this and that and then turning around and shrugging their shoulders or doing something on the side which contradicts all of that work. It's just leaders wanting to look like they're actually doing something while doing very little

Reactions: 2
My issue with a lot of these climate things is that they never address the real major issues in climate change which I understand cause it’d be too unpopular with the public. It always seems like they’re dealing with a minor cause instead of tackle the major issues. It’s like worrying about dropping a candle you’ve lit while the house is already on fire

Reactions: 1
I think it’s ridiculous that Xi and Modi have been able to get away with watering down the Glasgow Pact. Couldn’t the pact be achieved without them?