Clients treating cleaners like poo

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My daughter has a very successful cleaning business with 5 girls working for her. She does some cleaning herself and went with one of the girls to a wealthy client this morning. When she went last time she left her coat hung in the hall. She asked him where it was as it was not there and after an hour he came back and said he had inadvertently packed it in his granddaughters cases when they came to stay. She asked would he get it back and she said probably in a few weeks as they live about 25 miles away.
Now it is a limited edition Nike jacket her husband bought her for Xmas and it cost £100. She is really upset as it seems the teenage girls ( whose cases they would pack themselves ) liked the look of it and took it. She says it’s the lack of respect for her and the fact he can’t see that he should get it back as soon as possible that has upset her
Just because she’s a cleaner doesn’t mean her things don’t matter. She says she will send 2 of her girls to clean for him in future

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I agree, she should give him until her next visit there if not she will be billing him for it. 25 miles is nothing and he could meet them halfway and it would take him no time at all.

Reactions: 9
I would drop him as client.Let him find another company to clean for him.Take the lost on the jacket.I wouldn’t want it back after his granddaughters been wearing it Christmas gift or not

Reactions: 6
Arrange to collect it from the granddaughter's House.

The cynic in me wonders if they've sold it.

Reactions: 2
Yeah sounds a bit off. I reckon the granddaughters have nicked it. Well he accepted that it was left there and said where it is so he isn’t trying to hide it at least, I would set a timescale and say you want it back within that time one way or another.

I would ask them to return it by courier, what a cheek! Set them a timeframe e.g. if the item isn't received by X date I will have to take legal action. Don't give them too long, it's your property.

Reactions: 13
Get the coat back!

Politely but firmly ask when he is going to see his granddaughters again and remind him that you are waiting for the coat to be returned. If he cannot give a specific date then say- “I’ll arrange for it to be picked up then, can you give me their address? I can pick it up or my husband might send a courier as I am busy cleaning for other clients, but I’ll ask him to let you know the cost”

chances are he knows his granddaughters have taken it, is either ashamed to ask them for it back or he’s just a disrespectful bastard.

get the coat then ditch him as a client.

Thanks for your replies. My daughter texted him for his sons number and is going to message asking for it to be sent back by post by Friday and that it should be sent special delivery so it’s covered in case it gets lost.
I helped her clean his house a couple of weeks ago and he’s a financial advisor and obviously very rich.
Once she gets the jacket back she’s going to send 2 of get cleaners once more and she what happens. He’s a bit annoyed because he had one of the companies best girls cleaning for him but she left to go back to floristry and was only cleaning during the pandemic.
My daughter has 2 or 3 enquiries a day and could easily replace him
Only trouble these days is finding staff !
Tommorow and Thursday she has 13 newly built houses to clean so poor old mum
(67 ) and my sis who is 65 have been called in to help

• Sad
Reactions: 5
If she's doesn't get it back can she make a claim on her business insurance? I think as well one of the Grandkids has stolen it. Its very bad mannered of the client not to get it back for her straight away.
I'd say to him if its not back within the next day or so I'd be reporting it to the Police re theft.

Reactions: 3
To be honest.. I don’t think he is treating them like tit at all. He’s dragging his feet and that isn’t ok but some people are just ridiculously laid back and don’t see any rush in these things.

Thanks for your replies. My daughter texted him for his sons number and is going to message asking for it to be sent back by post by Friday and that it should be sent special delivery so it’s covered in case it gets lost.
I helped her clean his house a couple of weeks ago and he’s a financial advisor and obviously very rich.
Once she gets the jacket back she’s going to send 2 of get cleaners once more and she what happens. He’s a bit annoyed because he had one of the companies best girls cleaning for him but she left to go back to floristry and was only cleaning during the pandemic.
My daughter has 2 or 3 enquiries a day and could easily replace him
Only trouble these days is finding staff !
Tommorow and Thursday she has 13 newly built houses to clean so poor old mum
(67 ) and my sis who is 65 have been called in to help
So replace him or don’t take on more jobs than she can handle 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 9
I hope your daughter managed to get it back or I'd consider legal action as it's theft. Cheeky sods. I don't understand why he's venting his anger out on your daughter for the usual cleaner being away. It's not like it's her fault.

Reactions: 3
She had to drive 25 miles to the sons house to pick up the jacket which was in a bin bag behind their bins with her name spelt wrongly
The client is no more

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
She had to drive 25 miles to the sons house to pick up the jacket which was in a bin bag behind their bins with her name spelt wrongly
The client is no more
I’d send a receipt for the bloody petrol it cost to get over there and to get the coat dry cleaned! What awful people!

Reactions: 1
I hope he's embarrassed at the very least having now been dropped! Disgusting she had to pick it up herself and they left it in a BIN BAG.

Reactions: 1
I would ask them to return it by courier, what a cheek! Set them a timeframe e.g. if the item isn't received by X date I will have to take legal action. Don't give them too long, it's your property.
exactly, imagine it was the other way round and the cleaner had "accidentally" taken something, there is no way they would be so lenient

The client is no more
The family are scummy people, money doesn't equal class. I know loads of people who would have ripped a wing mirror off/put a window through for that no problem.