Clemmie Telford #3 Can't handle cash? Can't get pissed? Can't dress as an adult? Write a list!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sure it was on for a lower asking price previously... Outrageous price. And reminds me of when she was complaining about not being able to sell ages ago and someone called her out on how lots of people rent/can't afford to own etc and she said something like yeah, the housing market is crappy for everyone isn't it.

I do actually think it is quite a nice house but for 900k I'd be looking for much more outdoor space - TEENY patio!
Also, the first thing that would have to go for me is the toilet - I'd be forever scarred after seeing her heavily preggo nude photo on it. Blugh

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Imagine thinking you're going to go and view that nice, airy (albeit small) family home... And you walk in to their cesspit 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I do actually think it is quite a nice house but for 900k I'd be looking for much more outdoor space - TEENY patio!
Also, the first thing that would have to go for me is the toilet - I'd be forever scarred after seeing her heavily preggo nude photo on it. Blugh
That’s what I thought, it’s interesting the way that the have called the space in front of the house a patio too! I’m not in London so the prices always shock me, but for 900k I would want a lot more!!!

I‘d also want to put a wall back in between the lounge and the kitchen/dinning space. The whole space just looks undefined and that’s before all the clutter is added.

Reactions: 3
I’ve had a PM with the details. I have no idea why google hated me/it as I had tried googling the name of the road (had narrowed it down to two possibles!) and got nothing at all.

Anyway, as a local, I’m afraid that price sounds about right - for current valuations. I think actually selling prices are an unknown because of Covid, but people are being advised to go on the market fairly high because there’s not a lot on the market.

Prices went crazy in 2013 and houses doubled in value before falling slightly again, so that rise looks fairly normal for the area, especially if they’ve done any work. It’s in a great location too.

Reactions: 2
Their bathroom makes me shudder...feel like I could catch a verruca just looking at it

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Prices in Peckham have gone bananas lately. A friend just sold her 3 bed there and made a criminal amount of money. It’s the latest des res.
I’m out east - a bit further away from the central London action, but better connected to it by public transport than Peckham is. Round here you’ll see 4 bed terraces on sale for around £900k - £1m, but for that asking price you’d better have a decent garden and off street parking.
If people want to spend nearly a mil on a terraced house with no garden and still have to park two streets away with a permit, just to live in Peckham, then good luck to them.

Reactions: 5
Without getting into the specifics of her house, is anyone going to pay £900k for a small house with no garden in Central london right now? Everyone is working from home and will most likely continue in the future, people want more outside space. It just seems mad to think London prices can hold up now.

Reactions: 5
Without getting into the specifics of her house, is anyone going to pay £900k for a small house with no garden in Central london right now? Everyone is working from home and will most likely continue in the future, people want more outside space. It just seems mad to think London prices can hold up now.
I agree. I am in SE15 too, but with a large garden. That house is top heavy for the size of the garden. It can’t be extended upwards or outwards. I doubt it would appeal to an average family. I guess they were childless when they bought it.

It depends how much choice a family has. There’s loads of family houses with small courtyard gardens in the area. A garden is a big premium!

Look at this one. Roughly the same size, needs updating, more of a garden. Asking price was £1m!

Last edited:
It depends how much choice a family has. There’s loads of family houses with small courtyard gardens in the area. A garden is a big premium!

Look at this one. Roughly the same size, needs updating, more of a garden. Asking price was £1m!

That’s much, much bigger and they haven’t gone into the loft yet.

I get that some people will always want to live in London. But the majority of people I know are much more seriously looking at moving out of the city where their money goes much futher and/or they can get a much smaller mortgage.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.