Clemmie Telford #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They might be insured and claimable if she had them listed as specific items on her policy. I have some jewellery insured and are listed on our policy as specific items, I sent the insurance company valuations and they quoted extra for each item. My understanding is if these items are lost or stolen outside of the house (or inside!) they are covered.

But CT might not have these rings insured.

I can see why she’s so upset, in an ideal world we should expect not to have things stolen but we all know we don’t live in an ideal world and so do need to take extra care of items we value and treasure.

Reactions: 2
Insurance won’t pay. If they claim the underwriters will do a search for fraud and even if she deletes the post will probably find this forum. For a £20-30k ish claim (her diamonds look about 1.2 ct each?) they’d make sure to do a good snoop. Mind you, the sort of chaotic idiot who doesn’t care about her “precious” diamonds enough to keep them in a safe place probably hasn’t bothered to insure.

I’d only heard of Clemmie from the odd mention on MODs thread before other instagrammers started sharing her misfortune today, so I can’t comment on her personally, and I know this is super cynical, but what a good way to increase engagement with all the other influencers sharing her page and people having sympathy for her, how could anyone actually be so careless with such a valuable piece of jewellery I just feel there’s more to the story than she’s sharing.

I personally feel sorry for the woman who took it. Imagine being so desperate you blatantly use the credit card in a shop local to where you stole it, without checking if they have CCTV, you just need to get that thing you don’t have. I used to live in a deprived area in London in a ground floor flat and I’d check both doors were locked twice and walk round checking all the windows (subtly) religiously. Not that you ever “expect” something to happen but people can be that desperate! I don’t want to victim shame so I hope someone understands what I’m saying, no one should steal but they do! My engagement ring is an heirloom and I barely wear it out of fear of something happening to it

I can see why she’s so upset, in an ideal world we should expect not to have things stolen but we all know we don’t live in an ideal world and so do need to take extra care of items we value and treasure.
This is a much more eloquent way of saying what I was trying to 😊

Reactions: 6
Are these Insta Mamas going to ‘be kind’ to the thief , women supporting other women and all that .

Sorry , I’ll leave now.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
She hasn’t had her rings on for several days, I noticed on Friday and wondered why they were not on her finger.

They might be insured and claimable if she had them listed as specific items on her policy. I have some jewellery insured and are listed on our policy as specific items, I sent the insurance company valuations and they quoted extra for each item. My understanding is if these items are lost or stolen outside of the house (or inside!) they are covered.

I’m guessing each day insurance is different. Mine covers the ring if I’m wearing it or if it’s in a safe place. If I leave it laying around carelessly and someone takes it then it’s my fault and they won’t pay out.

Reactions: 1
I’m guessing each day insurance is different. Mine covers the ring if I’m wearing it or if it’s in a safe place. If I leave it laying around carelessly and someone takes it then it’s my fault and they won’t pay out.
Thinking about it, could well be the same for mine, I just know it’s covered if lost or stolen, I either wear my jewellery or it’s in a safe. I probably never asked if it’s covered if I leave it in a purse in an unlocked car!!

Thinking about it, could well be the same for mine, I just know it’s covered if lost or stolen, I either wear my jewellery or it’s in a safe. I probably never asked if it’s covered if I leave it in a purse in an unlocked car!!
No way will her insurance cover this loss.

It's for a totally different amount, but my insurance once covered me for a stolen iphone when I put it down when when I was drunk and someone picked up my unattended bag. I hope she gets it something for it

So many people posting here about how they would never do what Clemmie has done. People make mistakes. I'm sure if you'd asked Clemmie in advance whether she would put her precious heirloom in a purse, in a buggy, in an unlocked car she would have said no. It was a lapse of judgement presumably she thought she'd locked the car and thought she'd go back and get the pushchair and forgot the purse was in there and got distracted. Loads of us get distracted everyday but most of the time we aren't unlucky enough that it causes a problem.

Yes she made a mistake, she was also unlucky that someone stole from her at that time.

I have loads of issues with other things Clemmie does but in this situation I just feel sorry for her and I'm glad it hasn't happened to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Am I missing something about insurance here. I notice a few people saying things along the lines of “why is Clemmie revealing her car was unlocked. That will invalidate any insurance and mean she can’t get money back”. Surely you can’t just lie to insurers that your car was locked, when you know that it can’t have been as there is no sign of breaking and entering? The insurers would be asking about damage to the car and things immediately wouldn’t they? I can’t imagine an insurance company would pay out about 30k for that amazing ring she had without asking a single question about damage to car or evidence of a break in?

It's for a totally different amount, but my insurance once covered me for a stolen iphone when I put it down when when I was drunk and someone picked up my unattended bag. I hope she gets it something for it

So many people posting here about how they would never do what Clemmie has done. People make mistakes. I'm sure if you'd asked Clemmie in advanced whether she would put her precious heirloom in a purse, in a buggy, in an unlocked car she would have said no. It was a lapse of judgement presumably she thought she'd locked the car and thought she'd go back and get the pushchair and forgot the purse was in there and got distracted. Loads of us get distracted everyday but most of the time we aren't unlucky enough that it causes a problem.

Yes she made a mistake and she was unlucky that someone stole from her at that time.

I have loads of issues with other things Clemmie does but in this situation I just feel sorry for her and I'm glad it hasn't happened to me.
Agree. We all make mistakes. I accidentally do the most stupid things sometimes and I cannot fathom how it happened or believe that I did it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I do feel sorry for her loosing such precious heirlooms, but I cannot help but think was she targeted by someone who saw her ring on social media? Every time I saw them in her stories I would think ‘Don’t show off the huge rocks’

Reactions: 3
Nah I don’t reckon she’s been targeted. I know where we are in London thieves will check if cars are open nightly. I think a thieve got lucky, thinking they had got an expensive pram to shift and then finding the wallet and cards and then a few rings to pawn.
I’m the sort of person that can’t go to bed if I don’t know where I’ve left my handbag so can’t imagine just leaving my wallet in the car.

Reactions: 4

I would read the small print on your insurance. I’ve listed jewelry but in the small print it’s very clear if it’s not on me it’s in a safe.

I think the unlocked car part is key. Maybe she isn’t going to claim though. On one if her posts there is a picture of the prom in the hallway through the sitting room door. So she doesn’t always leave it in the car.

If I had rings worth that much (£30k plus) I would definitely have a safe to put them in if I wasn’t wearing them.

I saw she wasn’t wearing them last week but have never seen her without them on !
Wonder when they were nicked.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2