Clemmie Telford #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
CT has unfollowed MODs public page now too

Surely CT has loads of sleeping bags. She goes camping pretty often. Can't believe she's trying to blag one

Reactions: 4
Was she blagging the sleeping bag for sleeping rough to raise money? I skimmed her story and when I went back the bit about it had gone. If that's what it is, extremely tone deaf given the people who genuinely sleep rough don't get to do so with £1000 all season sleep equipment.

Reactions: 2
CT has unfollowed MODs public page now too

Surely CT has loads of sleeping bags. She goes camping pretty often. Can't believe she's trying to blag one
Someone coined the word, “Instabegging” a few posts a go. Think it describes CT perfectly. You’re damn right she can afford to get one off Argos and then donate or sell it afterwards. Of course, she’s much rather beg for a £1000 one. Then forget to donate it. This is CT after all. There is little chance of her remembering to donate it. And the brand (the brand, sigh) would probably be none the wiser whether she did or didn’t.

Reactions: 3
Her stories say that lots of local folk have offered sleeping bags.😠how disappointing for her.

• Haha
Her stories say that lots of local folk have offered sleeping bags.😠how disappointing for her.
She’s probably been reading here and realised how ridiculous her begging sounded.

Was she blagging the sleeping bag for sleeping rough to raise money? I skimmed her story and when I went back the bit about it had gone. If that's what it is, extremely tone deaf given the people who genuinely sleep rough don't get to do so with £1000 all season sleep equipment.
Yep, she’s deleted them.

Last edited:
so lots of "local folk" have apparently offered to help our clemmie out with her sleeping bags sitch. but by that, does she actually mean local brand? her phrasing seems purposefully unclear.

but if by "local folk" she means actual strangers nearby offering her their second-hand sleeping bags, that would literally be the most hilarious result of insta-begging ever. though i guarantee that she wouldn't accept one. obviously. she'll have been straight on the argos website ordering herself one - all previous qualms about buying her own thrown aside - and then claim she accepted someone's offer. better a disappointing non-£1000 sleeping bag - which she was clearly on the scrounge for - than some random folk's old, used sleeping bag dragged out the loft, eh clem?

hopefully she'll learn from this: insta-beggers can't be choosers. you can't shamelessly beg for an extortionately-priced sleeping bag and then be pissed when you get a load of unwanted offers. i mean, ofc she can, because quite obviously she can afford a sleeping bag and could from the start, but the principle remains the same; bad luck if you insta-beg h̶o̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ expecting brands will step in and get the locals rallying around instead! enjoy snuggling down in your basic, unexceptional sleeping bag and stop being so bloody grabby Screenshot_20191116_002110_com.instagram.android.jpg . can't blag 'em all, eh babes. 🤣

I think with this CT is trying to show she is:

Thinking sustainably i.e. no waste
Eager to donate her perks/gifts

However, typically for CT, the wording and tone she has struck is completely and utterly wrong. She is doing a camp out in aid of a homeless charity and to raise awareness, and to put herself in their shoes etc... so she hops on to her Instagram and asks ‘brands’ for a freebie to equip her?! This smacks as being totally ignorant of homelessness issues.

Reactions: 10

However, typically for CT, the wording and tone she has struck is completely and utterly wrong. She is doing a camp out in aid of a homeless charity and to raise awareness, and to put herself in their shoes etc... so she hops on to her Instagram and asks ‘brands’ for a freebie to equip her?! This smacks as being totally ignorant of homelessness issues.
Yep, her tone and positioning is always ‘off’. Which would be fine, except for the fact she claims to be a strategist/advisor on this exact thing for small brands. Who the eff would hire her, based on her own crappy content?

By the way, I was lured here by the mod/fod scandal and a week later, am still deep down the rabbit hole!

Anyway, I wrote a list for CT some time back. She’s so unprofessional. She didn’t even proof read what I sent (I spotted a few typos after it had been published), she didn’t even say ‘thank you’ (after all, it’s people like me that are basically doing all the work - for free - for her) and she was tit at replying to emails/DMs (lots of ‘oh sorry I must have deleted your DM by mistake’, ‘no, I definitely replied but for some reason it’s not in my sent items...’)

I was actually quite upset by the whole thing and felt a bit stupid. I wrote about something very personal and there was no recognition on her part of that. It felt almost like she was doing me a favour by deigning to publish it. It really put me off her and showed me how insincere the whole Insta-mummy scene is.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Did anyone see that thing with Tova ? Was one of the most awkward things ever . They could barely string a word together .

Yep, her tone and positioning is always ‘off’. Which would be fine, except for the fact she claims to be a strategist/advisor on this exact thing for small brands. Who the eff would hire her, based on her own crappy content?

By the way, I was lured here by the mod/fod scandal and a week later, am still deep down the rabbit hole!

Anyway, I wrote a list for CT some time back. She’s so unprofessional. She didn’t even proof read what I sent (I spotted a few typos after it had been published), she didn’t even say ‘thank you’ (after all, it’s people like me that are basically doing all the work - for free - for her) and she was tit at replying to emails/DMs (lots of ‘oh sorry I must have deleted your DM by mistake’, ‘no, I definitely replied but for some reason it’s not in my sent items...’)

I was actually quite upset by the whole thing and felt a bit stupid. I wrote about something very personal and there was no recognition on her part of that. It felt almost like she was doing me a favour by deigning to publish it. It really put me off her and showed me how insincere the whole Insta-mummy scene is.
You're not the first to say this....seems to be how she treats everyone

Reactions: 1

The tone-deafness is really quite something. If you’re a brand strategist you ought to be able to figure out that if you’re doing a stunt for homelessness, you don’t join that up with an instablag for really expensive gear. Especially when all your followers will have seen you gifted loads of camping gear earlier on that same year. It’s like... are you thick or what?

I know someone who worked at a publishers where she pitched a book idea. They said the pitch was embarrassing- so badly written and just all over the place. Went straight on the ‘no’ pile.

Reactions: 6

I’m sorry you were treated badly. You’ll be reassured to hear at least two other Tattlers have had a similar experience with CT’s lists.

Welcome to Tattle. We’re happy to have you!

I don't follow her, did she delete the expensive sleeping bag beg? It wouldn't enter my head to beg for anything let alone a sleeping bag to raise money for a charity. I'd buy a few from Argos and donate them. Instagram really has created monsters of these women.

How did she think that was going to play out? Storying from the Centre Point sleep out with #ad #gifted all over it. It’s a bit ‘Derelicte’ from Zoolander.

Reactions: 7
I don't follow her, did she delete the expensive sleeping bag beg? It wouldn't enter my head to beg for anything let alone a sleeping bag to raise money for a charity. I'd buy a few from Argos and donate them. Instagram really has created monsters of these women.
Yes, she deleted the begging part. Wonder when this sleepout is taking part.

Reactions: 1
She was useless with my list too, and it was incredibly personal and I spent ages on it. Didn’t even let me know when it would go live, I saw it by chance scrolling one day!

Reactions: 8
She was useless with my list too, and it was incredibly personal and I spent ages on it. Didn’t even let me know when it would go live, I saw it by chance scrolling one day!
I don't get these lists.

Someone else writes them.
She doesn't even edit them
She doesn't pay the contributors
Yet gets all the glory and any financial benefit from engagement of her lists site through advertising and her associated Insta maybe some follow because her lists seem give her more substance than if she was just another mummy influencer.

In that live last night she had technical problems signing on ironic someone who worked tech giant Facebook.
But also she waffles and seemed so lifeless compared to tova she was crap.