Cleaning Products Clean Out

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jumped on the Anti Hinch train after finding this website and after experiencing some health problems linked to using certain products. I want to get rid of my "Hinch Haul" but unsure of how to properly dispose of it all, and what is worth keeping. I have mostly general things like cream cleaners, kitchen/bathroom spray, and bleach. Luckily I wasn't too deep into the Hinching way of cleaning, and the only things I were ever compelled to purchase were Minky pads, Elbow Grease, Pink Stuff and Zoflora. What should I get rid of for good, and what are good eco and health friendly replacements?

You could donate stuff you really don't want to friends and family or food bank? There's a fair few people on here like @Bubu who are into natural cleaning and could give you some tips on that.

I personally have about 10 products max, and use maybe 4 daily.
Basic bathroom cleaner
Basic floor cleaner
Antibac surface cleaner (only because I have a child, otherwise I wouldn't bother)
Bleach for the toilet
Washing up liquid
Rest are oven cleaner, stain remover, washing powder, vinegar for glass.

Most things you can clean with hot soapy water. The products are not relevant in my opinion as it's about effort! I find the more product I use, the less clean things feel. Even cloths are irrelevant, I like using old cut up muslins, they get better with every wash and are great at absorbing water. I will often pick eco products where possible and if not a basic product does the job. I'm not into strong smells so buying something because it smells nice isn't worth it for me, I just like it to do its job. I really like ecover products though. I've tried method but the smell is too overpowering and aggravated my eczema, as do air fresheners of any kind. I've stopped buying zoflora a while back as couldn't stand half the smells and realised that it was a completely unnecessary product!

Reactions: 1
Tesco do a very reasonable priced eco friendly range. Also I find marks and Spencer's sprays and washing up liquid are very good too and are about 90p each.

Reactions: 2
I use a Method all purpose anti-bac for most of my cleaning. They do a whole range of natural products for kitchens, bathrooms, showers, glass, steel, granite and floors (probably more too!) but I just stick to one. They have lots of lovely fragrances or completely fragrance free options. All anti-cruelty, eco friendly etc.

I also think Tesco and M&S do their own natural eco range now too.

I think it’s important to realise you can get away with just one all purpose product for most things. You don’t actually need a separate product for each room.

I’ve heard some people have donated their “Hinch hauls” to women’s refuges, food banks, charity organisations but I guess they’d have to be unopened products.

Reactions: 4
I use water with washing up liquid in it for everything. That’s it. I then have bleach and disinfectant in too in case of tummy bug clear ups. I have a specific glass microfibre for glass - good as new after 10 years. For other cloths I just cut up an old large towel, got a lifetimes worth of cloths from that. I wish everyone would follow my lead!

This is what I plan to do ! I’m not buying all the gimicky chemicals anymore ! I’ve realised it’s all a money making scheme x

I have recently rediscovered the Ozkleen range. I used it years ago and found an old container after a move. Waitrose and Wilko sell some of their range and Amazon have some tomorrow, but it’s more expensive to buy from there. I use white vinegar and baking soda too, and washing up liquid as above. I have also diluted laundry powder in hot water to wash tile floors. I love Dr. Bronner Castile soaps for washing bras.

Reactions: 1