Classic Eastenders

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well that was a hectic Xmas day!
Bianca was a witch not telling Ricky about the scan
Could never understand Mel fancying Ian:sick:
Grants face when he was taken down, how I laughed!
And a lovely treat for the new year, Steve Owen😘
Had trouble swallowing my lunch watching Ian trying to flirt. 🤢

And Beppe. He's a sad sap of a fella too. Doesn't he see that Tiff is only using him?

Reactions: 2
Grant makes me so :mad: he didn't give a tit about Tiffany, shagged her mum, and now he's upset, what a joke, the only person Grant loves is Grant.
I did feel sorry for Frank :(

Reactions: 5
Grant makes me so :mad: he didn't give a tit about Tiffany, shagged her mum, and now he's upset, what a joke, the only person Grant loves is Grant.
I did feel sorry for Frank :(
I was asking myself this question why visit her body why all the tears.The whole time he was with Tiffany he wanted someone else Lorraine,Kathy,Louise.He’s a dick.Also how the hell did Grant keep getting so many special treatments while in prison?Tiffanys visit late night phone call to Phil and out on New Year’s Eve.Surely they would’ve waited until the morning.Theresa is such a slapper she’s bed hopping just as much as Mary.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I was asking myself this question why visit her body why all the tears.The whole time he was with Tiffany he wanted someone else Lorraine,Kathy,Louise.He’s a dick.Also how the hell did Grant keep getting so many special treatments while in prison?Tiffanys visit late night phone call to Phil and out on New Year’s Eve.Surely they would’ve waited until the morning.Theresa is such a slapper she’s bed hopping just as much as Mary.
Only in soap land could that happen, I still don't understand how he got bail, I thought he didn't get it, what changed?
And he really doesn't change, there's another storyline to come where he shags someone he really shouldn't!! Vile monster :mad:
Theresa doesn't care who she shags, but as for Ricky, he should know better, but there again, he is married to the hideous Bianca :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Only in soap land could that happen, I still don't understand how he got bail, I thought he didn't get it, what changed?
And he really doesn't change, there's another storyline to come where he shags someone he really shouldn't!! Vile monster :mad:
Theresa doesn't care who she shags, but as for Ricky, he should know better, but there again, he is married to the hideous Bianca :ROFLMAO:
I don’t think Ricky & Teresa have shagged but Teresa is definitely up for it

Reactions: 3
Extra ep today as it's Tiffany's funeral, expect more crocodile tears from Grant and pingus lips will go into overdrive!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Extra ep today as it's Tiffany's funeral, expect more crocodile tears from Grant and pingus lips will go into overdrive!!!
Its not an extra ep. There are still 2 episodes but the first one (Tiff’s funeral) is an extra long one, an hour including adverts, so will start at 12:30 rather than 1:00

Grant is so infuriating, does he not realise that if he hadn't been running away with Courtney, it wouldn't of happened!

Poor Frank..

The funeral episode was fantastic, such a great sense of community. The scenes in the pub at the wake were so good, you really got a sense of what Tiffany meant to everyone. It makes me so sad how different the show is now, a character like Kush dies and no-one cares.

Mike Reid has been outstanding as Frank. I've always had a soft spot for Frank but I think re-watching these episodes has elevated him to one of my favourite ever characters.

I watched the show avidly when these episodes originally aired but I was so shocked to see the likes of Ruth, Hugh, Lenny, Simon, Tony and Sarah still around alongside the likes of Steve, Mel, Lisa and Jamie, as in my head the first lot of characters were long gone before the others arrived. I very much associated the latter as 2000 characters.

Reactions: 6
The funeral episode was fantastic, such a great sense of community. The scenes in the pub at the wake were so good, you really got a sense of what Tiffany meant to everyone. It makes me so sad how different the show is now, a character like Kush dies and no-one cares.

Mike Reid has been outstanding as Frank. I've always had a soft spot for Frank but I think re-watching these episodes has elevated him to one of my favourite ever characters.

I watched the show avidly when these episodes originally aired but I was so shocked to see the likes of Ruth, Hugh, Lenny, Simon, Tony and Sarah still around alongside the likes of Steve, Mel, Lisa and Jamie, as in my head the first lot of characters were long gone before the others arrived. I very much associated the latter as 2000 characters.
It's very sad that the community aspect of the show is almost non-existent now but hopefully that's just a result of covid restrictions and it will be back to normal one day.
I'm too young to remember Frank first time round 😅 but can definitely see why he's such an EE icon. He and David Wicks are some of the best characters the show's ever had. It's interesting to see how close Bianca was to Frank. Puts a different spin on the relationship between Janine and Bianca later on. The writers could have made more of that with Frank being a father/ father figure to both of them.

@Sprezza if you haven't watched before, you're in for a treat when Frank turns up at Pat's with a bow tie, one of my favourite clips!
I've given up on today's EastEnders, it's been going down hill for a while now imo!

• Sick
Ricky was out of order reading Bianca’s letter.If I was her I wouldn’t go to to the police with it.I would look at it as Tiffany wanted me to tell the police the truth when she was safe and sound in Spain that’s not the case now because of Grant running off with the kid on NYE so he can bleeping rot in jail 😆

Hypocrite Grant, telling all how much he loved Tiffany, then being flirty with the new barmaid, he really was an odious creature!!
I don't remember the story between Michael and Lisa getting it on!!
Roll on when that infuriating interfering Mary leaves!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Good riddance to Ruth!!!
I think it was a shame they got rid of Michael, I liked his friendship with Carole, but how the hell can they afford to help Matthew out to stay in the house!!!

• Heart
Classic EE starts at 12:40. First episode is on for an hour. It’s Valentines Day 1999. It’s the start of Steve Owen’s big storyline

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.