Classic Eastenders

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bloody love Frank Butcher 'Peggyyyy' and of course Phil and Grant. ahh the good old days when soaps were good and had decent characters in.
I love the way Frank says to her: “kiss me” just before he receives a kiss off Peggy

It’s obvious that Mike Reid injects some of his own humour and sayings into the scripts and Frank feels a much more real character because of it

Reactions: 3
I love the way Frank says to her: “kiss me” just before he receives a kiss off Peggy

It’s obvious that Mike Reid injects some of his own humour and sayings into the scripts and Frank feels a much more real character because of it
I loved that about Frank too, the way he said ' kiss me', blimey, I'd kiss him too :ROFLMAO:
Just caught up, what a week! Makes you remember how good EastEnders could be!
Jamie Mitchell, all I can remember of him, apart from Billy beating him up, was a depressing Xmas episode!

Watching this has made me realise how good Eastenders was back in the day! I remember so much of this time period even though I was only around 9 when these episodes when they first aired. Cannot WAIT for Steve Owen to make his appearance!

Apart from Connor, Ruth and Mary (seriously why have they even been in it so long? They're so irritating!!!) almost every other character in it at the moment are so memorable and legendary.

Reactions: 2
Yes it was good , but it got soo bad, it's the only soap ( apart from Hollyoaks) I've totally given up on! Though the other 2 aren't that great either, I think too many eps a week, boring storylines have made alot of folks turn off!!
Anyways, back to c e , I always thought it was a big mistake to kill Cindy off, would have loved her to have come back, even a brief appearance, she was good!

Spotted Nana McQueen(Hollyoaks) as Cindys mum.What a witch expecting Ian to take on the baby.She could easily of tracked down that rich ex of Cindy’s and got a dna test and forced him to pay up and step up.The show writers were so brave getting rid of both Cindy and Tiffany in one year.I’m counting down the days to see the back of those witches Mary and Ruth and that prick Connor.Interested to see Marks exit as I can’t remember what happened and have tried so hard not to google it.

Reactions: 1
Spotted Nana McQueen(Hollyoaks) as Cindys mum.What a witch expecting Ian to take on the baby.She could easily of tracked down that rich ex of Cindy’s and got a dna test and forced him to pay up and step up.The show writers were so brave getting rid of both Cindy and Tiffany in one year.I’m counting down the days to see the back of those witches Mary and Ruth and that prick Connor.Interested to see Marks exit as I can’t remember what happened and have tried so hard not to google it.
That was bugging the hell out of me who was Cindy's mum, yes nana McQueen!!!!
I thought the same, killing off Cindy and Tiffany, they both should have left with an option to return ( bit like Pat later on, so mad about that one)
Don't worry, the terrible 3 will soon be gone!!!!

Cindy’s mum was also one of Del Boy’s old girlfriends in OFAH

What was the point of killing off Cindy? I think originally it was to punish the actress as she wanted to do other things and have options to come back. They could have kept her in prison for a few years at least that way in she could have been released and come back to the square somewhere down the line

Eastenders producers are too fond of killing their characters off for the short term drama when these characters just need a break and could easily come back in a few years. They did it with Ronnie, Roxy, Cindy, Pat and a few others.

They so regretted killing Kathy off they had to come up with a way of writing her back in it

Reactions: 3
@Cupid_Stunt I have just come across one of the OFAH episodes with her in it, never realised it was Nana! Like others, I didn't realise it was her in the EE episodes too!

• Haha
@Cupid_Stunt I have just come across one of the OFAH episodes with her in it, never realised it was Nana! Like others, I didn't realise it was her in the EE episodes too!
Is it the one where Rodney is going out with Juney’s daughter but Del thinks he is her father so Rodney could potentially be going out with his niece?

The actress is also in the Christmas special from 1986 where Rodney is going out with an aristocratic lady and Del acts like a complete dick throughout the episode. He takes Juney along to the opera and embarrasses Rodney who is also there

Ah hello everyone, I didn't know this thread was here ❤

The classic episodes have now reached the point where I vividly remember them and they've lost a little of their magic for me 😭

Once upon a time I was in love with Jack Ryder, I was interested to see how I'd feel when he appeared but he looks so young haha. Interestingly enough, when Joe Wicks first appeared in the Drama episodes, I thought he was as beautiful as I did when I was 12.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.