Classic Coronation Street

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
oooh Hayley has turned up , i was expecting it though , i read it on here :D , it sort of fits that she was around in 98 , but my memory of time seemed to think it was into the 2000's when she started.
I wonder if they wrote her in from the start to be potentially Roys wife or whether she was just another new character, at the moment this nervous Hayley with no confidence sort of reminds me of a character Victoria Wood would write, as im watching her at the moment i can see the character as victoria wood in one of her little mockumentaries she did , like A Fairly Ordinary Man or Swim the Channel :D

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Jack’s trying to give up smoking but failing. Vera took him to a hypnotist and he cottoned on that he could be regressed. He’s made up this lusty Jack Dawson from the 18th century, drinks ‘ale’ whenever he pleases and does no work. Vera as daft as a brush believes every word 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Does Judy keep forgetting she's preggers? I'm sure she was drinking pints in yesterday's episodes.

Reactions: 4
Does Judy keep forgetting she's preggers? I'm sure she was drinking pints in yesterday's episodes.
There's a Facebook group I'm in discussing this at the moment and it's full of people declaring they drank heavily when they were pregnant and their kids turned out fine and didn't develop drink problems so they don't see what the issue is!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
There's a Facebook group I'm in discussing this at the moment and it's full of people declaring they drank heavily when they were pregnant and their kids turned out fine and didn't develop drink problems so they don't see what the issue is!
Seriously?? As someone with a niece who has foetal alcohol syndrome, it infuriates me that people can think drinking whilst pregnant is ok!

I was pregnant around that time and although I didn’t drink whilst pg, I felt there was an awful lot of “go on one won’t hurt” kind of conversations, and sometimes I really had to speak out and say no!

I was thinking the same.But maybe it was acceptable in the late 90’s.I’m sure they said Guinness or stout was alright when pregnant.My mum said she drank it with me late 80’s but I doubt I’d do the same.

Reactions: 1
I was thinking the same.But maybe it was acceptable in the late 90’s.I’m sure they said Guinness or stout was alright when pregnant.My mum said she drank it with me late 80’s but I doubt I’d do the same.
I have heard that the odd half of Guinness is ok during pregnancy too. Probably because it is a good source of iron.

Reactions: 2
I was on a 30th birthday party weekend, drank loads. 3 days later I found out I was 4 weeks pregnant, unplanned. Didn't touch alcohol for the next 8 months and beyond as I breastfed. I would never intentionally drink alcohol while pregnant. My child turned out very well... I don't understand why someone would drink when pregnant, unless you have a problem/ addiction?

Reactions: 3
I was on a 30th birthday party weekend, drank loads. 3 days later I found out I was 4 weeks pregnant, unplanned. Didn't touch alcohol for the next 8 months and beyond as I breastfed. I would never intentionally drink alcohol while pregnant. My child turned out very well... I don't understand why someone would drink when pregnant, unless you have a problem/ addiction?
Oh of course there's a difference between drinking before you find out you're pregnant and drinking after you find out. I know a few women who've got pissed then found out they were preggers a few days later.

I was severely anaemic with my first pregnancy in the early 90’s and the hospital suggested I drink stout. I remember thinking at the time that Ena Sharples and that era drank stout.

Reactions: 6
Oh of course there's a difference between drinking before you find out you're pregnant and drinking after you find out. I know a few women who've got pissed then found out they were preggers a few days later.
I was severely anaemic with my first pregnancy in the early 90’s and the hospital suggested I drink stout. I remember thinking at the time that Ena Sharples and that era drank stout.
My Mum was told to drink a glass of Guinness and milk every day by her Doctor in the 1970's for iron!

My Mum (when pregnant) was told to drink a glass of Guinness and milk every day by her Doctor in the 1970's for iron!

I was pregnant around that time and although I didn’t drink whilst pg, I felt there was an awful lot of “go on one won’t hurt” kind of conversations, and sometimes I really had to speak out and say no!
i had one friend who was particularly annoying with this when me and another friend were pregnant at same time! she just kept going on and on about your ok to have one ..she had a few drinks when she was expecting her children. she just couldnt get that neither of us wanted a drink whilst pregnant!

I know Roy and Hayley are seen as odd people, and it's only a soap , but it must be nice to meet someone you realise is perfect for you without worrying what they look like etc.. you just get on with your life getting on with them and enjoying life, everyone in the street takes the piss , but who are the winners in the end.
Roy's face brightens when he keeps realising she has all the same interests 😁 its like he can't quite believe someone else is like him 😁
I dont think it would have bothered Roy she was a man as the relationship is based on companionship and respect rather than full on sexual lust 🤣

Reactions: 11
I don't condone violence, but Les deserved that, well done Janice!!!
Christ, Sally's mum ain't even cold and Kevin wants her money, I'd have told him to feck right off!!!!
Sam's one vindictive cow.

• Haha
Lol at the latest Rhum's advert during the Classic Corrie ad breaks.

Rhum and Daisy having a little dance in the garden, in their trendy, elasticated waist Rhum's slacks. :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.