Classic Coronation Street #2 I say Coronation Street #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wendy Flamin' Crozier is back in modern day Corrie.

That rotten cowin' tart as Tracey would say. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Just saw Liz ask Danny for £3.04 for two pints of beer.

£1.52 a pint in 2001!

How much nowadays? Far more than that!

Reactions: 3
Just saw Liz ask Danny for £3.04 for two pints of beer.

£1.52 a pint in 2001!

How much nowadays? Far more than that!
Does depend where you live, you can get a pint for £2.50 + in Manchester now if you know where to drink.

We had a pub in East Midlands years ago and when we got supporters of football teams from London you would tell them the price and they would say I asked for a pint not a half so I just doubled the price and gave them the pint I had already poured for them and off they went. 😄

• Haha
Does depend where you live, you can get a pint for £2.50 + in Manchester now if you know where to drink.

We had a pub in East Midlands years ago and when we got supporters of football teams from London you would tell them the price and they would say I asked for a pint not a half so I just doubled the price and gave them the pint I had already poured for them and off they went. 😄
It's about £4.80 average for a pint where I am 😱

• Sad
Reactions: 2
What I'm about to say, will be weird!

I just watched modern Corrie, for the first time in 10 years or more and I can't believe how old everyone looks! I know its to be expected but I was shocked!

What I'm about to say, will be weird!

I just watched modern Corrie, for the first time in 10 years or more and I can't believe how old everyone looks! I know its to be expected but I was shocked!
Life has not been kind to poor Toyah

• Haha
Reactions: 8
on Thursdays episode, Candice and David are arguing in the platts garden, and there’s A jump in a scene where candice is asking David what they call him at school. i wonder what line was acceptable back in 2001 but not today so it was cut out?

on Thursdays episode, Candice and David are arguing in the platts garden, and there’s A jump in a scene where candice is asking David what they call him at school. i wonder what line was acceptable back in 2001 but not today so it was cut out?
She calls him a poisoned dwarf. Found a clip

• Haha
Reactions: 4
There are a lot of characters I remember liking the first time round and Duggie was one of them. Didn't notice how much he shouted his lines till I watched it again. Natalie was another one that I liked but was actually a bit shouty and wooden. And I really liked Danny first time round but watching now I find him borderline abusive towards Sally.

Reactions: 8
I noticed that too!

She calls him a poisoned dwarf. Found a clip
Thanks for clearing that up. Obviously it's a term that is now deemed offensive.

Reactions: 2
I managed to miss Friday's episodes.

What is the reason Liz McDonald quit The Rovers?

Did she have a bust up with Dougie, Mike and Fred, causing her to have enough?

I managed to miss Friday's episodes.

What is the reason Liz McDonald quit The Rovers?

Did she have a bust up with Dougie, Mike and Fred, causing her to have enough?
Jim got moved to a prison further away, so she's gone to be closer to him after getting fed up of the blokes running the pub. Linda coerced Mike to make her manager.

Hope that helps!

Jim got moved to a prison further away, so she's gone to be closer to him after getting fed up of the blokes running the pub. Linda coerced Mike to make her manager.

Hope that helps!
Seems strange why they (the writers) made Liz Natalie's replacement, when Beverly Callard was only signed to a three month contract, to facilitate Jim's exit.

Were they hoping she would have extended her contract by doing so?

Bruno Langley!!!

Surprised they didn't cut his scenes.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.