Classic Coronation Street #2 I say Coronation Street #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’re fast approaching the live 40th Anniversary episode and the ‘Save the Cobbles’ campaign. Maybe something to do with that

Also Peter Barlow with a new head, as played for the first time by Chris Gascoyne, makes his debut in the live ep
If I remember correctly, Prince Charles appears in the episode, and Audrey/Sue Nicholls fluffs her lines in one scene. The perils of live television!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Save the cobbles the residents are whining whilst Deidre & Dev are 69’ing

thread suggestion

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Diggory Compton is the Court Clerk at Jim's trial. :ROFLMAO:

coronation%2Bstreet.jpg

Jane How, who was Den Watt's mistress Jan Hammond in EastEnders, is also a Barrister in the trial.

Janhammondbar.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I know someone else has mentioned it on this thread before, but can we talk about The Kabin? It seemes to have doubled in size!
And yet the corner shop is weirdly moved around three times since then (where we are up to now)

I'm a bit behind guys (Siege just happened) my little observation of the day is how much they featured/used bedroom sets back in the day.
We've had Sarah Lou's teenage room, billy & Becky in their nursery, Norris bed for Monica to birth her pups, even the upstairs of the house in Blackpool was show with Tyrone and Maria.
Loads of upstairs shots of Natalie's old house (bathroom flooding: bedroom). Battersbys house (and even loft) Ken/Emily's, toyah and spiders bedsit.

The nursery in Kevin and Alison's flat need I go on. Even today it's Emma getting ready in curlys bedroom.
Have ITV just got rid of all the upstairs sets ? I can't remember anything bar Asha's bedroom when she was having body issues a couple of years ago.

Reactions: 2
Someone please give Liz a haircut 😩
Can someone lock her up for eight years instead of Jim? I've hated her return, so screechy. Ergh.

Also hate how everyone is acting like Jim is completely innocent. He fundamentally did beat a man to death, regardless of Jez's actions.

Reactions: 3
I really can't bring myself to care about the cobbles. Hate how I'm on the same side as Les.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
The hour long 40th Anniversary episode today.

Featuring a cameo by Prince Charles.

This may have also been a live episode.

The hour long 40th Anniversary episode today.

Featuring a cameo by Prince Charles.

This may have also been a live episode.
Can tell it was live. Some of the over-acting was terrible - the nurse seeing to Vera, Terry, even Emily!

Terry and Dougie acting like they’re in panto. Hayley and Jack stood out as really strong actors.

So the Andrea Clayton actor (Caroline O'Neill) is the same actor who played the role in 1985.

Her Mother, Connie, is however played by a different person. Susan Brown originated the role in 1985, Irene Skillington plays her in this stint.

Irene also played a woman who Alan Bradley had an affair with, in 1988 and 1989.

On the live episode, there was no Gail; no Alma, no Maxine, no Sally and no Kev. I know they can’t have everyone at the same but I was a bit surprised those big characters weren’t in it.

On the live episode, there was no Gail; no Alma, no Maxine, no Sally and no Kev. I know they can’t have everyone at the same but I was a bit surprised those big characters weren’t in it.
There was no Fred as well. That was because the actor, John Savident, had been stabbed in the neck a week or two before by a man he had picked up in a gay bar

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Maybe they were too nervous to do the live show. Live television must be quite nerveracking.

I forgot about Peter Barlow, the sex pest years, in this early 00s stint

Toyah is sexually assaulted whilst walking down the street at night and Peter is one of the main suspects because of his previous behaviour including with Liz

• Wow
I forgot about Peter Barlow, the sex pest years, in this early 00s stint

Toyah is sexually assaulted whilst walking down the street at night and Peter is one of the main suspects because of his previous behaviour including with Liz
I am not liking this version of Peter 😅

I’m just at the siege episode and it’s a carbon copy/darker version of my favourite ever episode of Only Fools and Horses

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.