Clancy Burke

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He will need to schedule some alone time on these trips or he is in danger of suffering cabin Clancy fever

Reactions: 1
I think she might be in for a rude awakening when it comes to full-time vlogging. When she was a reporter, she could use all of that as content (and also for an excuse not to post). Now, if her content is stale, there’s nothing to fall back on. No crazy work stories, no bloopers, nothing that she can hide behind until better content comes along. We’re going to see a lot of working out, oatmeal, and shirtless Zac, no matter where they travel.

Reactions: 4
I think she might be in for a rude awakening when it comes to full-time vlogging. When she was a reporter, she could use all of that as content (and also for an excuse not to post). Now, if her content is stale, there’s nothing to fall back on. No crazy work stories, no bloopers, nothing that she can hide behind until better content comes along. We’re going to see a lot of working out, oatmeal, and shirtless Zac, no matter where they travel.

I feel like a lot of youtubers have this problem once they quit their actual jobs for a full-time youtube career. They realise their lives are just not interesting enough and their content gets to be stale, but time and time again I feel she's under Zac's influence. When she was on her own I enjoyed her independent and motivated spirit a lot.

Reactions: 3
I saw a really interesting video of an psychologist talking about how in social media generally people have “comfort content/influencers” that they gravitate to because they feel like they know their routine and they know what to expect. He said this is the reason why when a lot of creators are traveling or doing new places (he was referencing Coachella) people can’t relate and therefore don’t consume their content as much. I wonder if quitting her job and traveling will impact her views positively or negatively. I personally don’t like travel vlogs as much as a YouTube watcher, but now that will just her her life (at least for a bit or until she picks the warm city she makes Zac move to haha)

Reactions: 2
The wrong person became the influencer. Jenna is a natural - warm, witty and interesting!

Last edited:
It seems the sitcom pattern of these influencers seem to be to eventually quit their jobs, or never getting one. Instead of having a life and vlogging parts of it, it becomes wanting to vlog but then finding something to vlog just to vlog because your life just doesn't seem as interesting. I mean how many going to the gym, avocado toast eating, shein and trader Joe, hello fresh hauls can a person watch.

It seems the sitcom pattern of these influencers seem to be to eventually quit their jobs, or never getting one. Instead of having a life and vlogging parts of it, it becomes wanting to vlog but then finding something to vlog just to vlog because your life just doesn't seem as interesting. I mean how many going to the gym, traveling during the early pandemic, avocado toast eating, shein, trader Joe, hello fresh hauls can a person watch.

It seems the sitcom pattern of these influencers seem to be to eventually quit their jobs, or never getting one. Instead of having a life and vlogging parts of it, it becomes wanting to vlog but then finding something to vlog just to vlog because your life just doesn't seem as interesting. I mean how many going to the gym, traveling during the early pandemic, avocado toast eating, shein, trader Joe, hello fresh hauls can a person watch.

Ugh apologies for the ridiculous duplication above ..still trying to figure out navigation.

Last edited:
A couple minutes into her new vlogs and she’s already talking about how much work it is making vlogs and that her new job is actually hard! I’d respect it way more if she just admitted that she was working super hard before having a full time reporter job and doing YouTube (which is so true and honorable!) but it’s not an equal amount of work anymore she’s allowed to just say “wow it’s nice to have an easy job now that’s not as much work!!” But that’d take letting go of some pride 😅

She really wants to bash Local12 and is holding nothing back for how much she hated it. She acts noble like “I don’t want to haha my employer” yet says how burnt out and how much she hated it…she chose to be a news reporter yet it seems she hated every minute of it?

“finally putting myself first” so what was she doing previously? Does putting yourself first just mean spending money on yourself? That’s not really putting yourself first. That’s just existing and life.

• Heart
She really wants to bash Local12 and is holding nothing back for how much she hated it. She acts noble like “I don’t want to haha my employer” yet says how burnt out and how much she hated it…she chose to be a news reporter yet it seems she hated every minute of it?

“finally putting myself first” so what was she doing previously? Does putting yourself first just mean spending money on yourself? That’s not really putting yourself first. That’s just existing and life.
Well said, everything she says screams of privilege. I'm sure there are lots of aspiring news reporters who would love a job there but don't have a mother to pull the strings to land them the job!

A couple minutes into her new vlogs and she’s already talking about how much work it is making vlogs and that her new job is actually hard! I’d respect it way more if she just admitted that she was working super hard before having a full time reporter job and doing YouTube (which is so true and honorable!) but it’s not an equal amount of work anymore she’s allowed to just say “wow it’s nice to have an easy job now that’s not as much work!!” But that’d take letting go of some pride 😅
Exactly lmao, I used to work in retail and hospitality for about ten years, now I work in IT and if anyone asks I say my job is million times easier and is not hard work at all(obvs not the same for everyone). And I would say, a full time youtuber, is even easier.

During travel she will be in some beautiful place but still sitting in a bedroom blabbering at the camera while she listens to herself talk and complain about how her lip liner fell in the toilet.

Sorry if this has been talked about before (I tried to read through past pages!!) but is Zac’s hairstyle a massive combover? There’s no way his part is naturally that far over, is there?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
God could her vlogs be any more boring?!?
A normal video:
Talk about how different her schedule is
Talk about her sleep schedule and how long it’s taking to bounce back
Still complain about how tired she is
Whine to Zac
Complain more about her previous schedule and job

The content has really gone down hill since she left her job. It’s really just talking at the camera and repeating the same thing over and over.

Wow she really sold those Brooklinen sheets. “The best part is you can buy their sheets online.” Yeah just like every other company that exists!! She said: “Ultimately these are the ultimate sheets.” Amazing grammar Clancy

and for heaven’s sake, NO ONE cares about your sleep schedule anymore. How many times is she going to harp on it. It comes up in every single vlog. It’s old news now.

I think it’s so corny that Zac had a “gift” prepared for Clancy when he asked her to be his girlfriend, giving her an old high school sweatshirt with his last name on it. Wtf lol

since she doesn’t allow negative comments and blocks/deletes them off her YouTube page, she is definitely referring to this Thread whenever she references any slack she receives.😅

If you took a shot for every time she mentioned her sleeping schedule, you’d black out and sleep for a week straight.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
So this is really nitpicking....but her bare nails gross me out. They seem yellow/dirty? She loves to show off her ring but is probably too cheap to pay for a manicure! Maybe the discoloration is from that electric yellow polish, a few weeks back 😅 I bet she'll paint her own nails for her wedding to save money LOL

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 9.36.42 PM.png

• Haha
Anyone else follow her on Instagram? She’s going full influencer on us now haha with the outfit pics.

I haven’t watched her new video yet— what did people think??

Another vlog of her complaining about spending money. Shocker! She finally gets a dose of reality when a woman comes up to her outside a store and asks Clancy for some extra spending cash. I'm shocked she gave her the money.

Clancy makes a comment saying: "oh people with rich parents who had their weddings paid for are telling me to hire a makeup artist. Well unlike everyone else, I'm paying for my own wedding and I can't afford it! blah blah blah." Wtf? Hiring a makeup artist won't make you broke, Clancy. You have money to travel and pay for a gym membership.

By the way, her wedding dress taste is GOD AWFUL. She says she has a dream wedding dress designer in the local area but wouldn't dare to go in to that bridal shop. She "can't afford" a $2k wedding dress.

I still don't get what she does all day. What a cushy life. Yes, her stories are going full influencer. And can she stop panning the same shot of her apartment complex's shared workspace. Editing a vlog for an hour a day can't be that hard.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.