Clancy Burke

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a bit confused by her “what I spend in a week video” because these videos are meant to be based on essential expenses not pink puffer jackets and workout gears. Those are non essential add on expenses that shouldn’t even be counted if you’re trying to assess if a city is expensive. Strange.
I think that's how these "what I spend in a week" videos began, but more and more they're becoming what I spend on ALL things. I agree it makes no sense, but influencers are like monkey see, monkey do. It's like none of them has stopped to think about how it doesn't make sense. What's the purpose of "what I spend in a week" if you're going to add in this crap? It would be like me doing one and making sure it's the week I choose to buy a new car or something.

Reactions: 2
Hi! I’m Clancy Burke and I’m an influencer. My fiancé Zac would much rather be in Cincinnati with people who mean the most to him and I’m clearly not one of them. But I intend to keep him far away from his friends and family so that he can tuck me into bed every night. If you’re a new subscriber I quit my job to travel the world and I will take you along to my bootcamp classes, grocery store runs where I buy oatmeal and sweet potatoes and walk down the street to the nearest food place to eat chicken sandwich and sweet potatoes. I feel my viewers will get a good sense of the city when I do these things. I won’t try any food that the city is famous for because I can’t eat anything other than chicken and sweet potatoes. So I’m really not interested in actually exploring the city. I spent all my money on Airbnb so I can’t actually afford to do anything.

Reactions: 5
OMG. So I've been watching Clancy for a few years, starting with, like many of you, the viral 2am morning routine. Excuse the long post because I have a lot of thoughts, lol. I read this thread from the beginning, and was very impressed at how someone totally called her leaving Local 12 well before she announced it! And I did feel disappointed when she left — I am currently in the journalism field so I found her reporting content super interesting and enjoyed it a lot.

I'm a terrible snarker and more of a commentator so I will not say anything about her outfits, lol, but I will say I'm always surprised when she shows getting all her clothes from A&F. I'm from Canada, and that place (along with Hollister) was extremely popular in the 2000's when I was in Junior High and High School. Is that a thing for 26 year olds to get almost all their clothes from there?!

Also, in defence of her oatmeal ... you do get used to dark / unsweetened chocolate or cocoa powder after a while! I've definitely put cocoa powder in things with very little sweetener. That being said, I do not care for cocoa powder in my oatmeal (although I love chocolate in general), and I'm always confused about how she can have such a tiny amount (like probably not even 200 calories) for breakfast and not be starving. :/ Especially if she's working out in the morning, that's just not enough. That always bothers me!

This is now very old now lol, but I needed to rant about the proposal: during the video explanation, I was nearly yelling on into my laptop! She got proposed to by someone she really loves, and the first thing she says is "I look so ugly without my makeup!" (or whatever it was). So much of the proposal story was how she wasn't dressed up / made up for the photos, and she was just so appearance-focussed! You just got engaged!!!!! Be happy!!! And maybe dress up a little more if you care this much about how you look?! Maybe I'm biased, but when my then bf (now husband) proposed to me, we were camping with my family. We'd just gotten back from a hike to our campsite, and he walked me to another part of the campsite where he had a cute setup. But I was wearing a large, baggy fleece zip-up my dad got for free from a company he used to work for, old leggings with holes, tall hiking socks and Toms shoes, and was generally sweaty / covered in bug spray and sunscreen. But I was so excited when it happened, and was so happy to see my family back at the campsite and we all had a wonderful time celebrating!! Also, her comment about how her short hair was "disgusting" ... I thought it was so cute back then when it was that length!

All these comments about their relationship will have me watching their interactions more closely going forward, because I never thought for a second that Zac and Clancy would break up or anything! I mean, I've obviously noticed Zac's sarcastic comments, but I mostly just viewed it as him acting that way for the camera. I mostly just fast forward through their chats though, since I get annoyed at Clancy's over enthusiastic way of talking to him and his bored, sarcastic drawl. I find people can speculate all they want about a couple's relationship, but it can be hard to get the full picture / story when all you see is short clips in videos. Obviously it can be representative of someone's relationship as a whole though, so you never know!

Random bit but I was so confused about why she kept showing the common area at her old apartment complex in Cinci so many times! That was super boring to me. Also random but when they first got to one of the airbnbs and Clancy was giving us a tour, she opened a closet and it had some cleaning supplies. And then she was like "hopefully they're not expecting us to clean!" ... a month without cleaning the floors (at least sweeping), especially since they wear shoes inside :sick:, or the bathrooms :sick:... that's just gross!!

Okay, here are a few quotes I liked / wanted to comment on (I told you I read from the beginning lol)

I just find this whole influencers/influencing thing super dangerous at times. Young people being inspired by some pseudo-influencers who have no clue about anything, or buy what they promote, or believe what they say and so on. For me social media influencers is one of the most tragic things that has happened the last 8+ years. Full of misinformation, lies, fake life, and lack of knowledge.
This is the best post in the entire thread!

Poor girl is clueless. The reason her channel grew over the years was because she was real, in all her awkward glory. This whole new life she has doesn’t fit her persona in the slightest, it’s so cringey. This girl has no clue what anyone wants to see, hear, or dress like for that matter. She’s shoving a square cube into a round hole.
Agree with this a lot. Plus, it was just odd that her entire channel was basically based on this job she apparently hated so much. I get wanting to be sensitive to your employer and stuff, but either just don't talk about all the stuff behind the scenes after you leave and just say you didn't think it was for you and that you were too tired, or don't come across as this being such a cool job and completely trash it after you've left.

Oh, and a while ago when she was defending herself about her OCD comments: that REALLY bothered me. I have a good friend whose hands are constantly completely raw and cracked because they have diagnosed OCD and hand washing is something they struggle with. But in a follow-up video, she mentioned that she had OCD when she was younger so it's okay to say it now???? What?!

i think she just has anxiety. like really really really bad anxiety. like she has to cover up her flaws constantly and is just overly self conscious about everything.
This this this this this. This sums up my feelings about her in general. Every time she's overdramatic about something, ranting about working out or not being a reporter or being obsessive about her food, I feel sort of sad. :/ Like this is just anxious behaviour — it's actually incredibly sad 🙁

I had a feeling her content would go downhill once she quit her reporter job and became a full-time influencer. I think the travel stuff could be interesting, but a bar is a bar is a bar, and the same old meals and dry chicken just doesn't make for interesting content.

Have they said where their next destination is? If not, my guess is maybe Boston, since they said they're going east, and they went there recently for a wedding and Clancy said she wanted to live there?

Okay, I'm done now! Congrats if anyone made it this far. I will be a regular contributor now that I've discovered this!

Reactions: 9
Welcome to the Dark Side, Lisbu! I completely agree with everything you've written. As an aside. When my husband proposed, I was fresh off a night shift, unshowered, wearing an Animal onesie and had no makeup on. I had no idea he was going to propose then (it was planned for a week later, he just decided that *now* was the best time)

I forget shes 26 as her vocabulary and attitude has not really evolved past 13. Why does she call herself (and everything) "disgusting"? Now I realise she grew up in a very Irish household and Irish humour can quite sarcastic and derogatory. My best friend is from Cork. If you call her beautiful (because she is stunning) she refers to herself as a Bog Troll. She and her husband (from Tipperary) are absolute beasts to one another (Ashling Bea has a great bit about Irish flirting style.) But it's done in jest and not at all serious. I think that is what Clancy and Zach are trying to do, but it just doesn't translate well to camera via American humour and just comes across a bit... mean.

Hi! I’m Clancy Burke and I’m an influencer. My fiancé Zac would much rather be in Cincinnati with people who mean the most to him and I’m clearly not one of them. But I intend to keep him far away from his friends and family so that he can tuck me into bed every night. If you’re a new subscriber I quit my job to travel the world and I will take you along to my bootcamp classes, grocery store runs where I buy oatmeal and sweet potatoes and walk down the street to the nearest food place to eat chicken sandwich and sweet potatoes. I feel my viewers will get a good sense of the city when I do these things. I won’t try any food that the city is famous for because I can’t eat anything other than chicken and sweet potatoes. So I’m really not interested in actually exploring the city. I spent all my money on Airbnb so I can’t actually afford to do anything.
OMG IM DYING LMAO!!!!

I mean OCD doesn't just randomly go away when you grow up. It also would explain her issues with eating. I do the same thing but I actually manage to get my vitamins. When I was younger I was scared someone poisoned my food or that there would be hair/objects in my food. I also wouldn't eat food that made me sick before. She seriously needs to speak to someone. Heck they may even help her break up with Zac because he ain't it lol. I'm also pretty sure she checks here.

Reactions: 1
I mean OCD doesn't just randomly go away when you grow up. It also would explain her issues with eating. I do the same thing but I actually manage to get my vitamins. When I was younger I was scared someone poisoned my food or that there would be hair/objects in my food. I also wouldn't eat food that made me sick before. She seriously needs to speak to someone.
You make some good points! I wish she would say then that she had OCD tendencies when she was younger and that she might still be dealing with it, but I don't think she should use it as an adjective like so many people’s offhand comments (ie. “oh I’m so OCD about cleaning!”). And you’re bang on — she could benefit greatly from some therapy. Those night sweats were so intense! Even this transition from a job she had for years after all her schooling — realizing she didn't like it as much as she thought she would, and then moving to a different career is a great time for anyone, not just her, to debrief with a professional! And that's even without all the anxiety she dealt with!

Welcome to the Dark Side, Lisbu! I completely agree with everything you've written. As an aside. When my husband proposed, I was fresh off a night shift, unshowered, wearing an Animal onesie and had no makeup on. I had no idea he was going to propose then (it was planned for a week later, he just decided that *now* was the best time)

I forget shes 26 as her vocabulary and attitude has not really evolved past 13. Why does she call herself (and everything) "disgusting"? Now I realise she grew up in a very Irish household and Irish humour can quite sarcastic and derogatory. My best friend is from Cork. If you call her beautiful (because she is stunning) she refers to herself as a Bog Troll. She and her husband (from Tipperary) are absolute beasts to one another (Ashling Bea has a great bit about Irish flirting style.) But it's done in jest and not at all serious. I think that is what Clancy and Zach are trying to do, but it just doesn't translate well to camera via American humour and just comes across a bit... mean.
Ah, thank you! An animal onsie of all things — some guys have the best timing, haha. But yes, too bad it has to be the dark side — and I somewhat doubt we'll ever get back to the old Clancy in videos. Like if they're going to be travelling until their wedding next summer, and they want kids within a couple years (or less?!!?), that doesn't leave much time for a new job for her. And if she's anxious already, it would be challenging to deal with a screaming baby and a new job (given the US' terrible maternity leave). That being said, she's used to being sleep deprived, so maybe it would be okay?? On that note, I sure hope she truly WANTS kids, and isn't just going to have them because that's what everyone does and it's the "next step" in their relationship after they're married. Kids drastically change your life, permanently, and too many people surprisingly don't take this into consideration. You can choose to not have kids and be happy (just like you can choose to have kids and be happy).

And yes, I'll have to watch future videos more closely. It really just seems to me like those two are bickering as a joke on camera. Like I said, I'm Canadian, so nothing was that unusual for me (or maybe I am just quite sarcastic IRL ha). I didn't quite get any red flags, but I'm more annoyed at their boring banter and tend to skip past it. It doesn't SEEM like Zac means half the stuff he says, and only says it to get a rise out of Clancy (easiest thing ever lol). This has made me curious though, so I'll be watching more carefully now!

And yes, I'll have to watch future videos more closely. It really just seems to me like those two are bickering as a joke on camera. Like I said, I'm Canadian, so nothing was that unusual for me (or maybe I am just quite sarcastic IRL ha). I didn't quite get any red flags, but I'm more annoyed at their boring banter and tend to skip past it. It doesn't SEEM like Zac means half the stuff he says, and only says it to get a rise out of Clancy (easiest thing ever lol). This has made me curious though, so I'll be watching more carefully now!
About the bickering, I’m also very sarcastic and appreciate a dark sense of humour. I used to think Zac was funny, but it’s definitely shifted. Like he knowingly ribs her about things that she’s already very insecure about or things that are so intertwined with her identity. And then she makes comments saying how she’s “changed” about things that Zac has previously passively commented on, like the comments about her being in bed all day and not having a real job. Those comments have been more frequent since she quit her job. And because she’s so sensitive I think it’s his way of expressing himself without really expressing himself as a way to let out his frustrations. Before the jokes felt more light but now there’s this underlining unspoken resentment.

….Or maybe it’s all in my head and I’m digging way too deep into it :) but I do feel like there’s something there. Let us know once you’ve watched more videos, curious if you see any difference!

Also should we be creating a new thread? Anyone know how to do it?

I think he’s back in Ohio. Either way his post is a slap in Clancy’s face. But you LOVE his sarcasm, right Clancy dear???
He’s not posting much of anything which I would think you would if you were happy. But he’s miserable with her and she’s become this needy little girl who baby talks and whines when he’s away. Zac did not want to travel. He did not want to move away from his friends. That’s so obvious. So he told her, if you want this and this is YOUR idea then you have to pay for the Airbnbs. And they eat separate at home so he really own buys food for himself.
If she was smart she would have traveled for a weekend to feel a city out instead of 30 day increments and saved a lot of money on a down payment on a home. I don’t foresee them traveling after the holidays. They will move into her parents home and that is going to drive him even more crazy. Zac wants out. Let’s be real.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.