Claiming against workplace

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of claiming against a workplace for injury at work, particularly if they still work there/plan to continue to work there long term?

I’ve recently had an injury at work and would definitely have a case for compensation but I really like my job and working for the company so wouldn’t want to jeopardise that or cause any ill feelings? I know that an employer can’t dismiss you over a claim, but I can imagine it could get awkward so wondered if anyone had experienced this and managed to continue working in the same company?

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of claiming against a workplace for injury at work, particularly if they still work there/plan to continue to work there long term?

I’ve recently had an injury at work and would definitely have a case for compensation but I really like my job and working for the company so wouldn’t want to jeopardise that or cause any ill feelings? I know that an employer can’t dismiss you over a claim, but I can imagine it could get awkward so wondered if anyone had experienced this and managed to continue working in the same company?
Well firstly you need to put yourself first so if you're going to have long term medical needs or long term effects or even if you just need time off/medical bills covered then no job is worth putting that ahead of your own needs. in my experience it could go either way it depends on the culture, especially smaller to mid size companies tend to treat ill or injured employees like theyre taking money out of their pockets, I have a disability and have had HR from smaller companies act aggrieved with me but no company is worth me sacrificing my own needs for so its their loss if they start acting funny after it, hopefully it's just treated neutrally, claimed through insurance and without much contention, hopefully that's the case for you. try not to stress over it too much although dealing with all this can be, see if you can get a referall to a good solicitor and have a chat maybe that will put you at ease

Reactions: 1