Chupi Sweetman

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a ring from her sterling silver collection, back when she created for peasants 😂

I know someone who was in sallynoggin with her, won’t say much here but the words mad, box and frogs aren’t far off the mark.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I can’t believe how much her prices have rocketed over the years. I have one or two bits from when she started but there’s no way I could afford anything now.

Reactions: 4
The thing is, they really aren’t that great when it comes to finish, they look like costume jewellery. And for the price point it’s insane

Reactions: 7
I find Chupi extremely irritating. Her constant "aren't I great for making it as a female boss" comments are vomit inducing. You aren't the only person to have succeeded in the world of business Chupi and certainly not the only woman. I'd have more respect for her if she acknowledged her extreme privilege.

Her pieces are pretty but as a previous poster said Chupi is a talented marketer rather than designer.

I do love her style though and she looks like she's lost quite a bit of weight recently. Whatever it is I think she looks fantastic.

Reactions: 6
I wonder where in Dublin her new house is.. I was surprised that they sold the other one, it seemed like an amazing house.

Reactions: 1
I wonder how much Brian does in the company?? Does he run the show but realize that GirlBoss vibes sell so leaves Chupi to the fore? Have to say, all of her jewellery is underwhelming in real life and similar is available elsewhere for less, as pointed out by so many already.
I heard another instagrammer got engaged with a chupi ring recently, but with covid the guy walked around with the ring for a year before proposing! I’m dying to see how Chupi can make that into a feminist statement lol

Reactions: 3
There is something so incredibly patronising about her Instagram,
Her attempts at being empowering come across as self indulgent and condescending.

“I mark my precious moments with diamonds and bags.” Very relatable content. I feel for her as someone sturgeons to conceive too, she gives me a bit of hope but flashing expensive stuff all the time just feels wrong in the current climate.

Reactions: 8
I notice on some of her posts, the one about the diamonds and handbags for example, there's a thing at the bottom saying comments are limited. Why do that I wonder :unsure:

Reactions: 2
Aren’t I Amazing and Special is always annoying. I remember the Topshop opportunity being discussed on a podcast and it was in the context of her mim being sich gid friends with the fishion iditor of the Irish Times, and ivrybody’s jist been so lihvley... . I gave the bluetooth speaker a long, hard stare.

Reactions: 6
Aren’t I Amazing and Special is always annoying. I remember the Topshop opportunity being discussed on a podcast and it was in the context of her mim being sich gid friends with the fishion iditor of the Irish Times, and ivrybody’s jist been so lihvley... . I gave the bluetooth speaker a long, hard stare.
Did she work for topshop???? 😂

Reactions: 1
Does every single post have to some self righteous lesson in for her followers. Whether its the fact that sales are beneath her or being brave for wearing a dress (i really doubt that she got messages like that but you never know!). Everything comes across so contrived with her even her language. She refers to the builder that did their renovation as their beloved builder and Dublin as Darling Dublin. Who talks like this!?

Reactions: 13
Does every single post have to some self righteous lesson in for her followers. Whether its the fact that sales are beneath her or being brave for wearing a dress (i really doubt that she got messages like that but you never know!). Everything comes across so contrived with her even her language. She refers to the builder that did their renovation as their beloved builder and Dublin as Darling Dublin. Who talks like this!?
I agree. I really don’t think anyone would send a stranger on the internet a message to say they’re brave for wearing a dress. She had to have made that up. She looked perfectly nice in that dress, she obviously has a problem with it herself.

Reactions: 5
She also posted recently about women having to choose career or being a mother, but she is oh so special and is a 'girlboss' CEO AND mother. This isn't the 20th century. The vast majority of women do NOT have that choice, and are forced to work, especially nowadays with the huge costs of living. Also, the vast majority of women have ALWAYS worked throughout history. Only middle/upper class women could comfortably not work. Personally, I think it is dangerous for a woman to give up her career entirely BUT I'd imagine a huge portion of Chupi's following are well-to-do middle/upper class stay at home mums...is she not constantly offending them like?!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
'' As women we are so often expected to choose, motherhood or a career. And whilst I can’t say either are easy in this crazy juggle, I am so very grateful to get to be both CEO & Mama 💕 ''

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Always kind of got the impression from her that she was constantly told she was special as a child, hence the delusions of grandeur and being the main character.
She comes from a very wealthy background..might be a hard worker, and good at marketing, but she had a leg up from the get go.

This is very petty but it's Ernst and Young not Ernest! This it at least the second time that I have seen that she has spelled it wrong. As a finalist you would think she should know this.

Also what a hypocrite! She said she doesnt believe in sales but I just saw that Chupi does have some form of an offer for "Black Friday Weekend" as she calls it but you have to spend 400 euro to see any offer at all! It's basically a sale, Chupi! But only for those willing to splash the cash.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I got my 2 CT grey diamond engagement ring back in 2018 and it was around 3,500 at the time but now the same ring is almost 12,000 euro which is ludicrous. As much as I love my grey diamond, I recognize that this is a complete rip off. We had one of the gold coins to use that we got from last back Friday so my husband bought the moon crescent necklace for me and we here horrified to see how small it was when it arrived. The chain was significantly shorter than advertised , it was like a choker around my neck. The retail value is over 450 I think and the gift coin was worth 300 but we will definitely be sending it back. It's so small and flimsy , cannot see how it warrants that price tag. As the business has scaled up , it's lost its magic for me and seems to be driven more by greed now.

I screwed this up and am emending the recollection here because some other comments are skirting the same issue.
She mentioned getting this extremely desirable young designer job at Topshop in some connection with her mother being very good friends with the fashion editor of the Irish Times. About this, she said she had just been “so licky”.
Yes: nepotism really is so licky.

Reactions: 3