Chupi Sweetman

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she seems a lot more genuine than some of the other Instagrammers but yes her stuff is deffo overpriced. Almost went there for my engagement ring but glad I didn't now.

Reactions: 8
I really like the style of her jewellery but her prices have become ridiculous. Her 2 carat engagement ring was around €2,500-€2900 3 years ago but now the exact same ring is €6,700! That’s just madness!

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Doesn’t have great customer service either. Wanted extra links added to a chain so sent it back and was waiting weeks for them to send it back & got no replies to emails. I sent her a direct message but never replied. Really put me off buying again.

Reactions: 1
Her prices have sky rocketed and she does very little if any sterling silver anymore. It's all white gold or gold. I mentioned on another thread I received a Chupi necklace for my birthday and it broke after 4 months. It was repaired but given she markets the jewellery as "heirlooms" the quality isn't there.

I also think she is doing nothing for her brand by using her own image so much on instagram. You can always tell when its her hand as she always has the same nail polish on. I know she created it but I think it comes across as unprofessional and it would turn me off making a purchase.

I also really dislike when she shares the personal stories of her customers. So often they come across fake and made up. They are always over done and oh so romantic or a story of a strong, independent woman. It's never that someone just wanted to treat themselves. Also who really spills their guts to the sales assistant? I often buy jewellery to mark an occasion but I never chat to the jeweller in detail about the reason. Another blogger I follow called her out on one last year as it was about a guy snooping on his girfriends phone to see what engagement rings she had liked or something like that.

She has a personal page too and I can't quite explain why but she grates on me.

Reactions: 13
I think with her personal page she Doesn’t know what route to go with it .. parenting / mummy blog type thing or jewellery.
I know what you mean about her modelling her own stuff , I can’t say it bothers me too much but it is obvious when it’s her hand and it can be unprofessional. just pay for a model!

whenever she records her house I always feel like it’s really cold ! It just doesn’t look warm😂 strange observations I know

Reactions: 5
It's not just her hand modelling but her appearing on the business page so much. I've never seen a owner or creator appear on a brands posts so much.

I thought that too about their house. She has a very particular style that wouldnt appeal to me but the house does not seem cosy. She seems very frugal when renovating and styling the house and also in general. I think she mentioned she bought a second hand buggy. I imagine the jewellery business is successful and in a way it is refreshing to see.

The stories really grind my gears. And then the "when she saw the ring she was so surprised as she had always wanted one". Oh right Chupi did she ring you after she got engaged to tell ya that orrrrr.....??

Reactions: 9
You'd know she was a bit of a hippy! I couldn't tell you how many times she's posted the same pic of her Mam labouring on her and how it was snowing etc....

I think she's selling the dream of a lifestyle as a manic pixie earthchild, and that's why so many buy into her elaborate storytelling to the extent that they will fork out big bucks for her overpriced grey diamonds.

So glad my husband didn't get my ring there! I have very classic taste, so I would have DIED with a twiggy band.

Reactions: 10
Off topic , but do ye know if there’s a thread of Vicky of Babyboo.Ie ??
i don’t think I’ve ever watched a person on insta stories that annoys me as much as her 😂

Reactions: 3
The twig style bands are awful! I do like the different stones in the rings but would hate one of the twigs
I dont think they would age well style wise.

Reactions: 6
Glad to see a thread here. Why does she love telling the ‘success’ story of being a female over and over. She’s awkward on camera for a brand page! she comes on with ‘that’s Aya crying in the background’ and sometimes that’s the purpose of the entire post! Mad for this ‘rags to riches look at me my name isn’t common’ story. Painful

Reactions: 8
I think she's harmless tbh. I do like how she seems pretty thrifty, and wasn't involved in the #babyspon posts that seem to be rife these days.

She's an airy fairy by all accounts, but must be a canny business woman to get to where she is. Head hunted for topshop at a young age is no mean feat

Reactions: 18
Glad to see a thread here. Why does she love telling the ‘success’ story of being a female over and over. She’s awkward on camera for a brand page! she comes on with ‘that’s Aya crying in the background’ and sometimes that’s the purpose of the entire post! Mad for this ‘rags to riches look at me my name isn’t common’ story. Painful
Q
No no, Aya never cries she "squeaks"! Everything has to be so positive and mother earth with her. Her baby would never cry! 😂

• Haha
The post she had today "Your buggy is so last season". Who would actually say this!? Either she is hanging out with the wrong people or she is making this up. I think this is far more likely as all those stories they had on Chupi all came across so fake!

The post she had today "Your buggy is so last season". Who would actually say this!? Either she is hanging out with the wrong people or she is making this up. I think this is far more likely as all those stories they had on Chupi all came across so fake!
I think she’s reading here . A few posts back somebody said she bought a second hand buggy ...?

I had no idea her stuff was overpriced, I'm not in the market for those things so good to know. Her rings look so pretty though.
However those bleeping stories man, jesus you read 5 and you've basically read them all. She must make up 85% of them.

Reactions: 2