Christmas away - opinions welcome

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I've had really tough year, my husband is no longer around and I don't really have much in the way of family or friends. As you can imagine, I'm really dreading Christmas, so was thinking of going away alone. What do you think? I have the money to do something wonderful and I don't usually spend on that sort of thing but I'm also nervous of travelling on my own for the first time and being alone in a strange place on Christmas Day.

Shall I just go for it? Also, any destination suggestions?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Definitely, if I had the opportunity I would book somewhere I have always wanted to go and go and have a great y

Reactions: 3
Go for it! I’ve got a friend who was married they got divorced and she got into another relationship fairly soon after. That relationship also ended (badly) so after those two relationships not ending well she decided to be completely selfish, sod men and do stuff for her. She’s spent the last six months since covid has allowed it travelling to places she’s always wanted to completely alone, abroad and in the UK. She’s said it’s amazing and liberating! One of the best decisions she’s made and she’s booked more solo trips for next year. It’s really made me want to do it!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
100% go for it! There are companies that arrange trips for solo travellers if you’re worried about being on your own. you can stick to doing things in a group situation or you can do your own! Have you thought about where you would like to go?

Reactions: 2
100% go for it! There are companies that arrange trips for solo travellers if you’re worried about being on your own. you can stick to doing things in a group situation or you can do your own! Have you thought about where you would like to go?
I have always thought that Christmas in New York looks wonderful. I would be able to get into the Christmas spirit without all of the sad reminders of previous traditions.

I have always thought that Christmas in New York looks wonderful. I would be able to get into the Christmas spirit without all of the sad reminders of previous traditions.
Ah I bet Christmas would be lovely and you can enjoy the festivities in a different way! I’m sorry Christmas has sad reminders for you and o hope you have an amazing Christmas celebrating in which ever way you choose! I personally would love to do Christmas in new York too, the shopping, maybe a show, I would go to the sex and the city tour, site seeing! Sounds amazing xx

Reactions: 1
Ah I bet Christmas would be lovely and you can enjoy the festivities in a different way! I’m sorry Christmas has sad reminders for you and o hope you have an amazing Christmas celebrating in which ever way you choose! I personally would love to do Christmas in new York too, the shopping, maybe a show, I would go to the sex and the city tour, site seeing! Sounds amazing xx
Thank you so much x

Reactions: 1
Absolutely do it. If you want to go away on your own then fabulous but there are loads of solo travel groups that do organised trips/holidays - so you could investigate that as an option? Might be fun to do something like a trip to a ski resort and enjoy that with a group of like minded solo travellers? Or flip it completely and go somewhere hot & sunny and enjoy a break away in the sun and pamper yourself!

Do it!! My friend does this all the time. Sometimes she goes as a part of a group trip with all of the tours included etc. Treat yourself and choose somewhere you’ve always wanted to go.

Definitely go for it! If my kids ever decide to spend Christmas with their Dad, I've already decided that I would book a little getaway for myself. I think this could be really good for you. Choose somewhere amazing, stay safe and enjoy!

• Heart
Do it! Travelling alone as a single female was the best decision I ever made. I once spent Christmas alone in Thailand and it was the best Christmas I’ve ever had. I’ll never forget sitting on the beach in Koh Phi Phi on my own on Christmas Day with a beer watching the sunset.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So I've had really tough year, my husband is no longer around and I don't really have much in the way of family or friends. As you can imagine, I'm really dreading Christmas, so was thinking of going away alone. What do you think? I have the money to do something wonderful and I don't usually spend on that sort of thing but I'm also nervous of travelling on my own for the first time and being alone in a strange place on Christmas Day.

Shall I just go for it? Also, any destination suggestions?
Brilliant idea - go for it!
Lets be honest, Christmas is for kids really.

My dream Christmas would be in a gorgeous luxury 5-star hotel.

Wake up
Hotel breakfast
Wrap up warm and go for a walk around the grounds.
Chill out and read a book
Bubble Bath
Fresh Pyjamas
Room service
Glass of wine
A film/trashy reality tv in bed

• Heart
Reactions: 5