Chit chat #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh poor you @Libbylulu I hope you feel better fast.

Yesterday Middle Jelly's teacher called my husband to complain about him again. I know he is a monkey, I'm not one of those parents who thinks my kids are saints, but he isn't a malicious nasty bully, he is just a clown. Anyway, they were tasked with writing a page about a happy time they had during the holidays. He wrote an entire page. In detail. About how he played for his academy football team and scored 4 goals and then dived in the mud. He used his best handwriting. It is probably the best piece of school work he has ever produced. This kid will never willingly pick up a pen and write. Only he wrote in Chinese. Not English. He has done this before because he knows he can annoy Mrs Teacher this way. He is bored and just looking for amusement. She was so down on him to my husband, anyway this morning Middle Jelly said he is not going to school because school is sad and he is happy at home. So he called me to tell me this and I was kind of like well OK. So my husband says you better call the school and tell them and so I just did and honest to God the secretary was weird about it. I explained what happened and she is all well we are in England, we speak English here blah blah.

I am so sad for him. Not like in the last year his whole world had turned upset down, he left Asia where he was born and raised, is living in a country/culture that is supposed to be "home" but is utterly alien to him, his mum has gone from home and I'm not making excuses for him. I know he is a little pest, I'm just sad for him. Anyway, the school were all this is an unauthorized absense and I felt like saying so what, I don't care about your attendance figures, my kids happiness comes first.

So he is at home and wants to go back to his old school where he is allowed to write in Chinese.

All that before 9.15am.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Middle Jelly’s teacher does my head in. Surely she can see how much change he’s had in his life and would lift him up instead of scolding him. If she were to work with him MJ would have more respect for her and he’d enjoy his classes and not feel he has to pushback. Is there anyway you can switch him out and put him in a higher grade so he feels challenged?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@ordinaryjelly ohh poor middle jelly 😔 my niece had so many issues at her last school and would literally beg and cry not to go to school because she was so unhappy there - it’s heartbreaking when they’re so sad at a place they spend so much time

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Middle Jelly’s teacher does my head in. Surely she can see how much change he’s had in his life and would lift him up instead of scolding him. If she were to work with him MJ would have more respect for her and he’d enjoy his classes and not feel he has to pushback. Is there anyway you can switch him out and put him in a higher grade so he feels challenged?
Thank you. Unfortunately they are in a really small village primary school (which has been great for my girls) that only has 4 classes so if he was in the class above he would actually be with children 2 years older and I think it is a step too far.

I think it is probably time to part ways with this school for him, I didn't want all three children in different schools but I think we'll just have to deal with that.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I am such a grumpasaurus today 🙁 everyone and everything is getting on my nerves.
I had this notification this morning - saying I’m having mood swings today would be putting it lightly!
E6133E1D-C331-4ADB-9BCF-0A8D8FF305DF.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Morning all!

Glad you had a good sleep @ordinaryjelly and I'm so sorry to hear middle jelly's teacher was so rude to him!

I can't believe it's only Thursday, feels like it should be the weekend again :sleep: I've been at this job for a year the other girl is part time and works from home but has been here for 3 years and was on maternity that's why I started, but my boss always go to her now she is back and I am literally in the dark about everything. People phone the office asking to speak to the other girl or say XYZ and I'm like I'm sorry but I don't know what is going on and I look like a right bellend. I sort of said something and apparently she took it the wrong way and now thinks I said that everything is going to tit ever since she came back from maternity. All I said was that I'm not told everything and don't always know what is going on and now she doesn't reply to any of my emails 🙃

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Morning all.

I hate my job and majority of the managers. That is all from me re work.

I have an ultrasound at the hospital for 4:45pm and I'm not meant to eat 6 hours prior but I start eating from 1pm (due to nausea) so that's not ideal. I'm meant to go in with a full bladder but I find water on an empty stomach makes me feel worse it's all fun and games for me today!

Hope everyone's day gets better. ❤

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I've just eaten a bacon bap using a brioche bun, I got influenced by fashion mumblr's OH but have to say it was a bit underwhelming.:unsure:

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
good morning everyone! 💜

i am at the berlin airport waiting for my first flight of the day and read 'cabbage claim' instead of 'baggage claim' because of @watermelon sugar 🥬🥬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Morning all. I’m sat in my car at the hospital cos I’ve got pelvic ultrasounds in a bit. I’ve got a full bladder and feel so uncomfortable in this freezing weather. I hope it’s all ok I feel a bit scared I hate medical things 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Morning all. I’m sat in my car at the hospital cos I’ve got pelvic ultrasounds in a bit. I’ve got a full bladder and feel so uncomfortable in this freezing weather. I hope it’s all ok I feel a bit scared I hate medical things 😔
good luck hope everything is ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hope the flight goes well @strawb and good luck @Boredofthegram
Middle Jellies teacher can do one. Miserable witch 🙃 @ordinaryjelly

We are due snow from 11, the sky looks suspiciously white too so i think we will definitely get some.

I'm struggling being on my own. Not something i struggle with usually but today i am. Lonely and sad is the current mood. How cheery eh ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Good luck lovely! ❤ I hope it goes ok for you!

Hope the flight goes well @strawb and good luck @Boredofthegram
Middle Jellies teacher can do one. Miserable witch 🙃 @ordinaryjelly

We are due snow from 11, the sky looks suspiciously white too so i think we will definitely get some.

I'm struggling being on my own. Not something i struggle with usually but today i am. Lonely and sad is the current mood. How cheery eh ☹
Sending you lots of love. 🥰

good morning everyone! 💜

i am at the berlin airport waiting for my first flight of the day and read 'cabbage claim' instead of 'baggage claim' because of @watermelon sugar 🥬🥬
Hope you have a safe trip. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Morning, not starting work until 12 today so had a lovely lie in 🥰 only went back to work yesterday but definitely needed the extra sleep I was exhausted!

• Heart
Its bloody freezing!!
Well frosty outside
Just went outside to feed the birds and now I can't get warm again

• Heart
Bloody hell me and my mate are going the tip, picked a shite day to go it’s bloody snowing. We’ve stopped off at the maccies first though for a breakie. Hopefully I get snowed in at McDonald’s so I can eat loads of Big Macs, a girl can dream 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.