Chiropractor

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone seen a chiropractor and can share their experience?

I have had Coccydynia (tailbone pain) for over a year. I was referred to a physiotherapist by my GP and although this helped a little, the pain is still always there.

My partner thinks I should try a chiropractor but I’m unsure. I have looked at some videos online and it looks a bit aggressive!

I don’t know anyone who has been to one so I thought I would ask on here.

Thanks.

Hi, my daughter at 17 had a bulging disk. Doctors were useless! She was prescribed Tramadol and told to take them with ibuprofen. They made her feel awful sick tired disoriented she hated them. Her back pain was so bad I had to put her socks on for her and she walked bent over.she lay for hours in bed crying, it was an awful awful time. The last time we went to see the doctor she was told by the doctor well there’s really nothing else we can do for you! I mean seriously was as if she was being told she was terminally ill. We decided to go to a chiropractor as a last desperate attempt to help her. The chiropractor initially gave her some treatment and I won’t lie she felt worse but we were warned of this. He also recommended a private MRI which is what diagnosed the bulging disk. She was told she may need an operation. Thankfully and touch wood after many many months of seeing the chiropractor she began to recover. Obviously it was very expensive but we were so so grateful. This is unfortunately something she will likely suffer with for life as there is a weakness there now. She has back pain off and on and could probably still do with seeing the chiropractor but it’s so so expensive. All I can say is for her it was a life saver literally. Just do your research on chiropractor you choose obviously.

Oh and also you are right the chiropractor uses movements to adjust the spine that do seem aggressive. I could only go in with my daughter once as hearing the popping noise made me feel ill. But she said it never really hurt as such and the relief afterwards was great. Also her chiropractor was disgusted at the doctor dishing out the Tramadol so readily without attempting to get a diagnosis for her back pain. His understanding of back injuries was obvious and he actually cared. Unfortunately it just shows what paying for treatments privately does. 😩

Yes, both husband & I have used them for years - they work miracles!!!!! Highly recommend. Unfortunately you will find a lot of GPs will just refer you to a physio irrespective of wether that’s actually what you need.
We pay about £40 for an hours appointment with our chiro - he does all the manipulation and pulling/stretching etc and also does acupuncture as part of it too.

Reactions: 2
Bloody love my chiro. Absolutely try it out because that pain can be gone so easily. (Hopefully) Even my dog goes for chiro work. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Yes I was in pain with slipped disc for months with the doctors just giving me codeine. I had really horrible sciatica with it too.
After just two sessions of seeing a chiro, I still had pain but the tingling, pins and needles and numbness down my leg had gone so I felt like I had some quality of life back. She also did deep massage of the muscles which had stiffened up over that time (think elbow digging into your bum cheek and hip lol). It hurt but it in a good way.
I would definitely recommend seeing one 😊

Hope no one minds me hijacking this thread and bringing it back but I’m having some pain in my upper back, shoulders and neck and really believe it’s posture related. I don’t think I’m standing correctly, my shoulders appear to be what I would call rounded and the pillows etc I sleep with aren’t the best but I’m not really sure on where to start with that either. As silly as it sounds I’m kinda hoping if I speak to professional they’ll treat me, give me advice on exercises and other things such as pillows, sleeping position, siting positions

Does anyone have any advice on whether a physio is the best to see first or sort my problem, or would a chiropractor be better? How do you find a good physio/chiropractor? I’m googling but honesty feel like a lot of them don’t look trustworthy. I’m not really worried about cost, I just want to get sorted.

Hope no one minds me hijacking this thread and bringing it back but I’m having some pain in my upper back, shoulders and neck and really believe it’s posture related. I don’t think I’m standing correctly, my shoulders appear to be what I would call rounded and the pillows etc I sleep with aren’t the best but I’m not really sure on where to start with that either. As silly as it sounds I’m kinda hoping if I speak to professional they’ll treat me, give me advice on exercises and other things such as pillows, sleeping position, siting positions

Does anyone have any advice on whether a physio is the best to see first or sort my problem, or would a chiropractor be better? How do you find a good physio/chiropractor? I’m googling but honesty feel like a lot of them don’t look trustworthy. I’m not really worried about cost, I just want to get sorted.
Have you looked at the Alexander Technique? That might be more suitable?

Has anyone seen a chiropractor and can share their experience?

I have had Coccydynia (tailbone pain) for over a year. I was referred to a physiotherapist by my GP and although this helped a little, the pain is still always there.

My partner thinks I should try a chiropractor but I’m unsure. I have looked at some videos online and it looks a bit aggressive!

I don’t know anyone who has been to one so I thought I would ask on here.

Thanks.
I really like my chiropractor as he’s helped me so much. He isn’t the type that will bullshit someone, if he can’t help you then he will just tell people straight.

I asked him why the online videos have all the cracking and he said “Have you noticed they never do it on old people?” I think the ones that have the cracking also use unnecessary equipment too.

Ask for recommendations I find that they are usually best. Personally for me if I have a bad back I don’t want to be exercising (physio) but different things work for different people.

Good luck with your search once you find a good one they are worth their weight in gold - in my opinion.

Last edited: