Childrens Christmas present inspiration needed!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hope someone can help me as Christmas is so close now! I’m really struggling with what to buy my 13 year old daughter. All she’s asked for are vouchers which is fine but I’d really like her to have a couple of little things to open and I’m really struggling ? she’s not really into make up and hair massively yet, she’s quite creative so I’ve got a couple of those clothes designer books but other than that I’m stuck! Please help ??

'Wreck this journal' is pretty cool :) I got one of those for christmas a few years back and loved it.
I'm unsure of your budget? But I'll just make a few suggestions: A instax mini, a scrap book (paper chase do really lovely kits and not expensive), jewelry, books, phone case/laptop cover? I know she's ask for vouchers but maybe see if there is a top or pair of shoes she really wants?

Reactions: 2
@jwebbr she does have an instax mini so a scrapbook is a really good idea thanks ? and she does love to read so I’ll have to get down the shops and see what kids read these days ? she makes very good use of the library but it’s nice to have your own books you can read over and over isn’t it. I’m on quite a tight budget this year as we’ve just brought our first house. My original idea was to get bits for her room but she keeps changing her mind about colours and themes and I don’t want to do an ingham and design it all for her!
Thank you ?

Reactions: 1
You can get all different themed colouring books - with some new colouring pencils that could be a nice stocking filler. When I was 13 I LOVED getting bath bombs (Asda and Boots do them cheaper than Lush)

I second the "wreck this journal" - They are awesome!

Maybe some accessories? Clothes would probably be wrong, and best for her to pick herself. But maybe some jewellery?

https://www.paperchase.com/en_gb/ca...435/s/kraft-square-scrapbook-set/category/42/

This set is fab :) we bought it for my friend for her birthday and she loves it. Congrats on your first house! We bought our first this year too so I completely get it!
I really wish I was creative, I love the idea of scrapbooks and that ones perfect with the plain cover so it can be customised.
Congratulations to you too! I don’t think I’ll ever move again, I’ve never been so stressed in all my life!

You can get all different themed colouring books - with some new colouring pencils that could be a nice stocking filler. When I was 13 I LOVED getting bath bombs (Asda and Boots do them cheaper than Lush)
I usually get bath bombs but we don’t have a bath at the moment ☹ Just a shower but that’s given me an idea to get some of that shower jelly, of lush still do it? I remember both of my kids finding that stuff entertaining, it was a few years back though!

I second the "wreck this journal" - They are awesome!

Maybe some accessories? Clothes would probably be wrong, and best for her to pick herself. But maybe some jewellery?
Yes that’s a good idea too, she loves Disney and they seem to be catering better to older children/adults so I’ll have a look at their range.

Thanks everyone ?

'Wreck this journal' is pretty cool :) I got one of those for christmas a few years back and loved it.
I'm unsure of your budget? But I'll just make a few suggestions: A instax mini, a scrap book (paper chase do really lovely kits and not expensive), jewelry, books, phone case/laptop cover? I know she's ask for vouchers but maybe see if there is a top or pair of shoes she really wants?
I second wreck this journal! Its really fun. She also has a few other similar books.

Maybe gig tickets for an artist she might like?

For Disney - the 'Disney Traditions' ornaments are really cute!

The wreck is journal is so good, alfie deyes has ripped it off 3 times! Don't buy his clone, only the original.

Can you ask her for help, such as, I'm kinda struggling for ideas and I'd like to get you a couple of bits to open too, would you like a wreck it journal? and then if she says yes you can choose one so it's still a surprise. She might say no, or say actually I really wanted this.. idk but I definitely had strong ideas at 12 what I wanted lel but everyone is different!

My mother is going thru this at the moment, I get them to write lists for me and then I pick the items off it to fit my budget. For me, I have to literally link them to ebay items or websites, and they get me the exact items, because the struggle is real and left to our own devices we just don't get it right lol

Maybe she wants vouchers as she has her eye on some things, but doesn't like to say.

She is probably super interested in various things, and if you listen she will mention them? Putty or slime kits, Idk I'm horribly out of touch, but maybe there's some things she's really into that you could get her stationary or stickers or something that matches? Like you can get Harry Potter merch so cheap on ebay as it's not the exact brand. Or Primark sell smaller items cheaply too like socks. I don't know your budget, but u can make any budget stretch really far with online stores. Depends what she is into :)

Btw, when I was a 12 year old all I wanted was Sea Monkeys, and I never got them lol :ROFLMAO:

Hope someone can help me as Christmas is so close now! I’m really struggling with what to buy my 13 year old daughter. All she’s asked for are vouchers which is fine but I’d really like her to have a couple of little things to open and I’m really struggling ? she’s not really into make up and hair massively yet, she’s quite creative so I’ve got a couple of those clothes designer books but other than that I’m stuck! Please help ??
My Daughter is 13 aswell, I have got her some manga, art supplies, clothes and kpop merch. Have you thought about some bath things from Lush?

Btw, when I was a 12 year old all I wanted was Sea Monkeys, and I never got them lol
I got them. I was really disappointed that they looked nothing like the amazing cartoons on the packet - with harps, jewelled necklaces and crowns.

Expectations vs reality were far apart!

I got them. I was really disappointed that they looked nothing like the amazing cartoons on the packet - with harps, jewelled necklaces and crowns.

Expectations vs reality were far apart!
omg really! wow yes the packaging did look exciting, like tiny little mer people! I thought my life would be complete with them lol I wanted a bowl of happiness! lol
Awe, that is such a con! sorry they were disappointing, hope they were at least a tiny bit entertaining :cry:
I'm so hesitant to ask if they were trainable :censored:

56755_articleimage_original.jpeg

omg really! wow yes the packaging did look exciting, like tiny little mer people! I thought my life would be complete with them lol I wanted a bowl of happiness! lol
Awe, that is such a con! sorry they were disappointing, hope they were at least a tiny bit entertaining :cry:
I'm so hesitant to ask if they were trainable :censored:

View attachment 3113
They were kinda scary, they all died apart from one who grew quite big and she had months on her own. Felt sorry for her and was kinda happy when she died.

Trainable?! ?

I's amazing how they come to life from dust, but a pond is more interesting!

They were kinda scary, they all died apart from one who grew quite big and she had months on her own. Felt sorry for her and was kinda happy when she died.

Trainable?! ?

I's amazing how they come to life from dust, but a pond is more interesting!
Aww maybe she grew quite big as she ate the others :ROFLMAO:

Lols Yeah the advert always said 'they are so eager to please, they can even be trained!' o_O I always wondered how that was possible with tiny.. bugs

Ahh I had a pond as a child, and spent many happy hours on a plank leaning over on hot summer days staring into the abyss. i saw a ton of cute critters all the time. And had fun discovering their real scientific names and their life cycles. It's how I was first to know our goldfish had bred, I saw their tiny little see through babies swimming in the top corners which was warmest. Little did I realize I had a better thing than the 1 thing I longed for!! How ironic. You've made me feel 100% times better haha. The 12 yr old in me is grateful.

That's a good point actually, if the children love bugs / animals why not get them a butterfly kit, where you raise your own butterflies from catties? I know insect lorre do them. The kids don't need to do anything much but watch. The food is in the kit and they grow themselves. then when they pupate you simply hang them in the cage to emerge, then free them! Just an idea :)

My youngest 2 are 14 and they want money for clothes so I was in the same boat as you.

So I’ve got them to unwrap a new phone case, bag charm/Pom poms for their school bags. A new bedding set, primark have lovely heart, star or round fluffy cushions for your bed for £3 so I’ve got those.

A new purse to give them their Christmas money in. The light boxes are cheap in B&M etc. Little bits and pieces of nail art because they like stuff like that.

You can’t go wrong with pyjamas. Poundland have Victoria Secret dupe body sprays that are almost identical to the real thing.

Bath bombs they love. Scarves. Little candle holders wirh battery candles. Fluffy socks and slippers.

I’ve rambled on a bit but just to give you an idea of what my girls of a similar age like

Wasn’t Christmas so much easier when they’re little and want toys?

My daughter is almost 13 and she wants mainly cash to go to Westfield after Christmas. She loves urban outfitters, Bershka and pull and bear and we don’t have them near us.

But to open I have got her vans socks, pink t shirt, top shop jeans, and the generic smellies and chocolates. Little things like that to open. Boots 3 for 2 is good for picking up big things to wrap for £10-15 each and you then spend £20-30 and get 3 big boxes.

little soap and glory sets start at a fiver in Boots or lush as people have mentioned I think they still do the jelly , I love the snow fairy from there, my girl is 17 so quite a bit older, but at 13 she loved ted baker sets and she started experimenting with make up, she also loved art so we got the proper pens (fineliner and charcoal pencils ) and art pad