Chest pain

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else get a sharp pain their chest when they do exercise ? Like being jabbed repeatedly with a pen. Then feel really lightheaded, disoriented. I’ve always felt it and now I’m trying to get fit but it’s stopping me from pushing myself. Obviously gonna go doctors but just wanted to see if it’s normal and there’s no need to see a doctor as I don’t wanna waste their time

Does anyone else get a sharp pain their chest when they do exercise ? Like being jabbed repeatedly with a pen. Then feel really lightheaded, disoriented. I’ve always felt it and now I’m trying to get fit but it’s stopping me from pushing myself. Obviously gonna go doctors but just wanted to see if it’s normal and there’s no need to see a doctor as I don’t wanna waste their time
Chest pain coupled with being light headed during periods of exertion implies heart condition to me.

Please, please get it checked out. You’re not wasting their time.

Reactions: 1
Yes, please have it checked out. I won’t scare you with personal stories but deffo have it checked out. You’re not wasting the doctors time at all! x

Thanks, I will. I just remembered I did actually go to the doctors about it 7 years ago and was told it was growing pains?!

Thanks, I will. I just remembered I did actually go to the doctors about it 7 years ago and was told it was growing pains?!
Prob always best to get checked out before a new exercise regime too.
I went to the doc with a bad back which he put down to lack of exercise 😂. It’s clearly not due to that but he wasn’t wrong about the lack of exercise 😬

Yes definitely get it checked out but at the same time don't panic as so many things cause chest pain - a lot harmless. Muscle twinges, even indigestion. I for ages had awful chest pain and found out it was the fizzy water I'd been guzzling trying to be healthy. Realised I can't drink much fizzy stuff.
But get it checked for peace of mind. You won't be wasting anyone's time.

Reactions: 2
Booked in for an ECG on Wednesday. I didn’t even realise GP surgery’s did them

Reactions: 3
Defo ask them to consider costochondritis too! It’s where the chest cartilage gets inflamed and is fairly common and easy to manage/anticipate!

Defo ask them to consider costochondritis too! It’s where the chest cartilage gets inflamed and is fairly common and easy to manage/anticipate!

Yes, I have this and it is scary because chest pain immediately makes you think "I'm dying", but I know that I have never ever been made to feel bad for going to get chest pain looked into.

I've had this before in my ribs, soo painful. The GP said it can be brought on by laughing really hard or even someone picking you up and squeezing you

Hi just searched re. Costochondritis on Tattle to see if anyone has had it and how long it lasted and saw a chest pain thread! I’m on day 7 or 8 of it and sick of the pain now!! Also interested to see how others pain manifested cause mine has also moved to either side of my spine too, which apparently isn’t typical! Any thoughts appreciated :)

Hi, so I had this in pain that came out of nowhere in 2018 when i was playing hockey. I literally couldn't breathe and the pain was all consuming. I actually went purple.

I was taken to hospital and fobbed off. My ECG was normal etc but I did not get better and spent a month bed bound.
After constant pushing i was seen and had a stress echo... this showed my heart was not working properly and after an angiogram it was discovered I had a 99% blocked LAD and I was then told I had a heart attack playing hockey. Every single ECG showed as normal.
I was fit and healthy, normal blood pressure, normal cholesterol and never smoked.
Roll on another 18 months and it happened again and I had a stent fitted.

Not saying this to scare, more that if you don't feel like you are getting better or the answer feels right, please keep pushing. An ECG is designed for older males, so doesn't show some heart issues in women or younger people. You know your own body.

Funnily enough the first time I was told pulled muscle, then Costochondritis, then flu, anxiety and then maybe I was just run down. I knew my body and I knew I was seriously ill. I may potentially have outted myself on here but oh well, I am proud of my story.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi, so I had this in pain that came out of nowhere in 2018 when i was playing hockey. I literally couldn't breathe and the pain was all consuming. I actually went purple.

I was taken to hospital and fobbed off. My ECG was normal etc but I did not get better and spent a month bed bound.
After constant pushing i was seen and had a stress echo... this showed my heart was not working properly and after an angiogram it was discovered I had a 99% blocked LAD and I was then told I had a heart attack playing hockey. Every single ECG showed as normal.
I was fit and healthy, normal blood pressure, normal cholesterol and never smoked.
Roll on another 18 months and it happened again and I had a stent fitted.

Not saying this to scare, more that if you don't feel like you are getting better or the answer feels right, please keep pushing. An ECG is designed for older males, so doesn't show some heart issues in women or younger people. You know your own body.

Funnily enough the first time I was told pulled muscle, then Costochondritis, then flu, anxiety and then maybe I was just run down. I knew my body and I knew I was seriously ill. I may potentially have outted myself on here but oh well, I am proud of my story.
Thank you for sharing this - hope you are completely well now! I was fairly ill with a flu virus at the end of Nov (but tested negative for Covid) and then recovered after 2-3 weeks, I then got a cold and shortly after that the chest pain started. At first I thought it was my asthma. Went to the urgent care centre on Sunday and the dr listened to my chest which he said sounded good. Had ECG which was normal. Think I will go back and ask for x-ray/more tests if it continues to the end of the week because like you i am only in my 20s, fit and healthy non-smoker! Second opinion is probably needed...