Chessie King #2 Cheap Ring, I’ve got a baby don’t you know darling?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know where she's been for the last 2 years but it's not cool to celebrate weight loss anymore... great for you but she's insinuating that her "before" is "bad". I get the message about not having to "bounce back" to your old shape which is great, but it's still suggesting that you should lose the baby weight at some point!
I can’t tell if you’re being serious or not but saying that it’s not cool to lose weight (maybe you’re being tongue in cheek?) is ridiculous. I hate the whole body positivity to the detriment of health movement. If someone wants to lose weight in a healthy and sustainable way in order to be healthier then that should be congratulated and encouraged. She hasn’t crash dieted or gone dangerously thin, she’s started exercising more regularly and got fitter and healthier and in doing so has lost weight. She says she feels stronger and fitter so physically and mentally she’s done a good thing. On this occasion I don’t understand the hate.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I can’t tell if you’re being serious or not but saying that it’s not cool to lose weight (maybe you’re being tongue in cheek?) is ridiculous. I hate the whole body positivity to the detriment of health movement. If someone wants to lose weight in a healthy and sustainable way in order to be healthier then that should be congratulated and encouraged. She hasn’t crash dieted or gone dangerously thin, she’s started exercising more regularly and got fitter and healthier and in doing so has lost weight. She says she feels stronger and fitter so physically and mentally she’s done a good thing. On this occasion I don’t understand the hate.
Ditto, I was going to say this. I don’t see anything wrong with getting healthier and stronger in any stage of your life let alone after such a huge body change as having a baby 🤔

As an arthritis sufferer (diagnosed at 25) I feel v strongly about it. This article is a great one.

“For a woman of normal height, for every 11 lb weight loss (approximately 2 BMI units), the risk of knee OA dropped > 50%. Conversely, a comparable weight gain was associated with an increased risk of later developing knee OA (odds ratio 1.28 for a 2 BMI weight gain)”.

that’s not to mention the benefits for heart health.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Same, if someone wants to lose weight, good for them. If someone is happy being the size they are, equally great. Don’t understand the criticism in this case. She’s still an annoying twit but I can’t knock her for wanting to lose weight if she wasn’t happy with her size.

Reactions: 2
I actually wanted to say something very similar. Having had a baby a while ago myself, I think it’s completely valid to talk about how we feel about “bouncing back.” I wanted to feel strong and healthy for my little one, I didn’t do it because I wanted to lose weight.

I genuinely don’t think there’s anything at all wrong with celebrating regaining strength and body confidence after having a baby. Because my God does it duck you up.

It’s actually one of the recent Chessie posts I’ve really appreciated. It’s one of the reasons I liked her in the first place. More genuine motivation and health posts, less “scrumdiddly-umptious” please.

Reactions: 4
I think the problem is that she didn’t take us on the journey, she just announced that she’d bounced back now and insinuated that she’d taken a long time to do it but I think for most people fitting in enough time to work out, go back to work, look after a baby without any help is a struggle and one she doesn’t really have. My baby was born a few days after Rae and I’ve lost all my baby weight plus about 8kg and go running with a running pushchair but my body isn’t anything like pre-pregnancy and I don’t think I can expect it to ever be.

Reactions: 6
Couldn’t care less about the weight loss etc. but what grates me is the caption being so animated all the time “a few months ago I genuinely felt like I wouldn’t be able to get away from danger & protect Rae if we were in a situation” … just a little reminder in case anyone forgot about that trauma she experienced and had counselling for immediately afterwards and didn’t stop posting about for weeks and weeks and really used to her advantage to gain attention.

Reactions: 9
Couldn’t care less about the weight loss etc. but what grates me is the caption being so animated all the time “a few months ago I genuinely felt like I wouldn’t be able to get away from danger & protect Rae if we were in a situation” … just a little reminder in case anyone forgot about that trauma she experienced and had counselling for immediately afterwards and didn’t stop posting about for weeks and weeks and really used to her advantage to gain attention.
Yeah I must admit that bit made me roll my eyes.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.