Chateau Diaries #74 Only Posh indoor staff get invited to Disney (hehehehe)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gerry's reaction to the red in Chateau DIY was great to see!

Personally, I don't hate the red and the pigeons ... but when I look at the before photo ... I like the white/grey it was before a lot better. I love the fresh austere look of it in the tower, which is interesting, because I do like colour and pattern, when done right. I would have definitely added the touches of gold, I might have done a larger chandelier, and I don't know what I would have done on the walls, but the most would have been something like the mural up the stair case that that other chateau owner had painted on her stair well. Something sort of sepia looking and neutral.

In the end, I have decided that I do like the front entrance hall! I like the wall paper and the large ferns and the way the curtains and other fabrics fit in the room.
I like the entrance hall, but i just don’t get why, after so much money spent on wallpaper, you would push furniture and plants up against it, hiding most of the design?

Reactions: 17
Gerry's reaction to the red in Chateau DIY was great to see!

Personally, I don't hate the red and the pigeons ... but when I look at the before photo ... I like the white/grey it was before a lot better. I love the fresh austere look of it in the tower, which is interesting, because I do like colour and pattern, when done right. I would have definitely added the touches of gold, I might have done a larger chandelier, and I don't know what I would have done on the walls, but the most would have been something like the mural up the stair case that that other chateau owner had painted on her stair well. Something sort of sepia looking and neutral.

In the end, I have decided that I do like the front entrance hall! I like the wall paper and the large ferns and the way the curtains and other fabrics fit in the room.
I kinda love it. I didn't like the red at first, but love the pigeons and the gold details, so the red has grown on me. The light plays well with it.

1634415692081.png

Reactions: 15
dont think having staff is heaven..your privacy goes completely down the drain..its alot of work to keep secrets hidden...you cant leave one paper on the table..
Weren't we all supposed to have robot housekeepers by now?

I just figured out what they need to dust the pigeon pictures: a drone with a feather duster attachment.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I just watched two men in a van, taking about food vlog. It's such a genuine friendship and I'm here for it. I also like the little snippets of goss, about what to buy for the chateau, and the near-eye roll about the radiators.

Reactions: 21
Who WERE those folks sat watching Ed/Anna cook? I tried to watch bits last night, never saw any leopard print person.. Ed gets chickens, Ed opens wine, folks staring at end of table. Who is this Celeste person?

Starlink is apparently going to be 30k dots in the sky moving across the skyline, so buggering up watching ACTUAL stars/planets, and Milky Way.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I kinda love it. I didn't like the red at first, but love the pigeons and the gold details, so the red has grown on me. The light plays well with it.

View attachment 813483
have to agree ..i also like it...although curious how long the pictures will stay up...with her staplegunmethode... like the colour and the pictures..have to say....now the rest of the dump...one swallow doesnt make summer..

Reactions: 10
Who WERE those folks sat watching Ed/Anna cook? I tried to watch bits last night, never saw any leopard print person.. Ed gets chickens, Ed opens wine, folks staring at end of table. Who is this Celeste person?

Starlink is apparently going to be 30k dots in the sky moving across the skyline, so buggering up watching ACTUAL stars/planets, and Milky Way.
it was their first Gourmet weekender, that was launched firstly to patreons and then their channel. Actually sounded really nice - 4 days of a lot of wine tasting and eating. The only drawback would be 4 days of Edd!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I like the entrance hall, but i just don’t get why, after so much money spent on wallpaper, you would push furniture and plants up against it, hiding most of the design?
I don't mind the furniture and plantsbecause they make the room feel less empty ,but I can't stand palm trees on wallpaper.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I think too many people have "help" to clean!! There are extensions to dusters, just like for paint rollers. They got a long way up there with paint rolling before needing the scaffolding, so I'm sure there won't be an issue with dusting the pictures. And it just gives the super fans something to look for and send to SJ to open at GAG. I can only imagine how many dusters she will get for that job!!

Do we have a new VIP to pick a name for the new thread? Or is someone else up?

I collected these from @MojoDublin posts. If there are others that need mention please add them.

Title thread 🧵
Co authors ✍
@Bored Mermaid CC
@NotAChatelaine

His New Life is all of us

Title thread alt="🧵"
Author: @Bored Mermaid CC

I swear CD is more like Groundhog Day than Groundhog Day

Title thread 🧵
author ✍ @Heathcliffe

Hash wanted cash. Didn't get and decided to dash.

Title thread 🧵
Author ✍ @Bored Mermaid CC

The Lalande Virus creates a Circus

Last edited:
Reactions: 13

Leopard print woman was in the very first minutes when they had guests arriving.

Reactions: 3

View attachment 813483
I dont hate the tower...though I usually do hate red or burgundy as a color choice for any room ( so 90's), but MAN! I hate the entrance room. I think it looked SO much better before the paper debacle. The room has too many windows and doors to then put that busy paper in....and I love the floor in that room....but again, not with that wallpaper. Curtains in there need to go. As well as all the bedding and pillows on the daybed as they clash with....AGAIN! The wallpaper. AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST.....please have the center table refinished.... It is a dry, sad mess in the state it is in, as well as the numerous leaves for it. Couldn't ol' BJJ give a hand???? He likes to uphoulster....and he doesn't lift a finger doing anything else while he lives there off his old lady. He could refinish it. I'd say Selmar but it would take another 2 years.

By the way, Selmar and Tatty mentioned they had found "the one!" Referring to a chateau they both loved and seemed to be able to buy. What happened with that???

I dont hate the tower...though I usually do hate red or burgundy as a color choice for any room ( so 90's), but MAN! I hate the entrance room. I think it looked SO much better before the paper debacle. The room has too many windows and doors to then put that busy paper in....and I love the floor in that room....but again, not with that wallpaper. Curtains in there need to go. As well as all the bedding and pillows on the daybed as they clash with....AGAIN! The wallpaper. AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST.....please have the center table refinished.... It is a dry, sad mess in the state it is in, as well as the numerous leaves for it. Couldn't ol' BJJ give a hand???? He likes to uphoulster....and he doesn't lift a finger doing anything else while he lives there off his old lady. He could refinish it. I'd say Selmar but it would take another 2 years.

By the way, Selmar and Tatty mentioned they had found "the one!" Referring to a chateau they both loved and seemed to be able to buy. What happened with that???
Yes! The dry, watermarked table ruined every shot! 30 mins with some sandpaper and wax would have done it.

Reactions: 6
looking at her vlogs there is no moment of getting some relaxing...she is constant on the move..she is running from herself...food for a good shrink....just like those people who run all the time...they are running from themselves...and thier issues...
"...she is running from herself..."

Very well said. I believe it's the crux of the matter.
Her behaviour is that of an immature, inadequate, thus irresponsible, adult.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

The only thing that changed in the entrance hall was the addition of wallpaper and the ferns! I just looked back at her tour from April 2020 and the rest was all the same! For me, I like how it all goes together! I like the wallpaper and the curtains and the green of the plants and the prints that are used. I agree with the table needing some moisture and polish thought!

I'm curious about Selmar & Tatty's chateau too!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.