Chateau Diaries #74 Only Posh indoor staff get invited to Disney (hehehehe)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know if anyone else has brought this up, but I highly suspect she had an oophorectomy (removed one or both ovaries) when she had the undisclosed health issue. The loss of estrogen would explain her rapid aging process, and I noticed she seems to have developed melasma on her face, which is common in pregnancy and sometimes menopause. I literally just had a baby and this pregnancy did a number on my own skin and aging process, but its nothing compared to what I have watched happen to SJ over the same period.
I think it was @Clara Burnett who mentioned here an ectopic pregnancy.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Dan’s The man 👨
3rd video today 😈😈😈

METHERICK are you watching ??

Didn't teabeg say (after returning from Spain)he can't film any videos because he doesn't have any money left for diy work and the 5k oak stairs? 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Dan's three vlogs were 100 times more interesting than any of the other shitoo vlogs combined. (Confidential to Anna and Edd: if you're going to film yourself driving and talking, have something interesting to say).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Didn't teabeg say (after returning from Spain)he can't film any videos because he doesn't have any money left for diy work and the 5k oak stairs? 🤣
Correct….and it’s a bunch of BS! There’s plenty of work to do around there that doesn’t require any money. He was just making excuses to take the rest of the year off (probably to play with Andrew until that fell apart!). The cobblestones are a good example…they were reclaimed, so no cost. Just took some sand, concrete, time and effort.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Hi Julia! Welcome to Tattle Life--a site full of love, life, and a whole lot of laughter!

Julia Gaspard
Julia Gaspard
1 minute ago
I have read (on and off) at the site since Michael Petherick mentioned it on his "I'm sad and bullied" video from February. No one has ever mentioned its name in a comment (that I've seen), but it is a super easy google find. Had Michael never mentioned it I wouldn't have a clue about it. He's taken that video down, but Stephanie made a lengthy comment on it, she reads that sight, actually it sounded like they kind of read it together at the chateau and have a good laugh about some of the comments. She really only seemed to have issue with some of the comments made about her father, which were really over the top. I have read enough there to say that is can be very mean, BUT it is also a place where there is some very very interesting critique and some absolutely hilarious humor, and in many ways they are a very caring and warm community with each other. Recently they have been talking about who has domestic help, and quite a number of them do. I don't think they are "wannabes" at all, but they are suspicious of what is shown on the vlogs, and especially disgusted by the amount someone as wealth as Stephanie is getting from the "grannies" who might not have much themselves.
Show less

lovely rational human!

We had a local cinema like that too, they also did cheese boards! Comfy sofas with coffee tables , popcorn ban and a bar open throughout. Always find a local indy, as they all seem to offer this.
i wish there was one theatre like that here!

Reactions: 11
Sorry just want to complain about something that strikes me when I read the comments on youtube and Patron, Stephanie frequently asks for input, but NEVER acknowledges comments on either site. Not even a “Like” for her patrons. There are more successful Youtubers I follow who always like most of the comments, and comment to a few people for each video. I get that she is busy, but these people are literally paying her to do what she does, and it comes across as so ignorant. Vent over!

I’m the skim master!🤗😅

I totally agree with you. Or at the least, have one of your assistants comment on your behalf. But really, the comments and questions are meant for her (not for Jacqueline Reynold, or Caroline Gooder, or, oh, whatshername ... the "charming one"). The fans love her so much, but she can't take a moments to do this part of the job of YouTubing and interact. It's not like she is the only one with a busy comment section. It's lazy and rude.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I think it was @Clara Burnett who mentioned here an ectopic pregnancy.
Indeed. And I still think this was the reason of her stayover in the hospital. All the information I was able to gather about it points in that direction, but I was shot down before for speaking ‘without proof’. I guess we will never know for sure, because SJ by now refuses to talk about it. But the hints we get watching her age so rapidly speak for themselves, I‘d say.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I totally agree with you. Or at the least, have one of your assistants comment on your behalf. But really, the comments and questions are meant for her (not for Jacqueline Reynold, or Caroline Gooder, or, oh, whatshername ... the "charming one"). The fans love her so much, but she can't take a moments to do this part of the job of YouTubing and interact. It's not like she is the only one with a busy comment section. It's lazy and rude.
Nuttie should be doing it or Snorts.Well ,someone most definitely shoulď.

Reactions: 11
I understand a bit about what you mean. When I was a kid we moved to the prairies from the interior of BC, and I felt the vastness. And now when I go back to the some mountains I can feel claustrophobic at first. I would probably feel quite claustrophobic in Manhattan! It is kind of "weird" how we can feel these changes.

I'm off to watch Selmar and Marie ... I bet anything that group in the kitchen is relieved to not have to be cheery and smiley all the time. Must be a relief when SJ camera isn't in your face.
a comunnityhousehold is never just fun and laughter..i think more the oposite...people from all different places and backgrounds....with their own opinions on how things needs to be done...not my cup of tea...

Reactions: 21
a comunnityhousehold is never just fun and laughter..i think more the oposite...people from all different places and backgrounds....with their own opinions on how things needs to be done...not my cup of tea...
So true. It's not authentic at all, what SJ wants to promote. I know we all need some escapism, but forcing happy happy, yeah, NO. It's not good for her, for the rest in the house, and it's not good for her viewers. Seeing reality is far healthier for all.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Indeed. And I still think this was the reason of her stayover in the hospital. All the information I was able to gather about it points in that direction, but I was shot down before for speaking ‘without proof’. I guess we will never know for sure, because SJ by now refuses to talk about it. But the hints we get watching her age so rapidly speak for themselves, I‘d say.
looking at her vlogs there is no moment of getting some relaxing...she is constant on the move..she is running from herself...food for a good shrink....just like those people who run all the time...they are running from themselves...and thier issues...

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Now that's the way you do it, Michale Pathetic!
He really, really needs to watch Dan's channel as a tutorial. Dan looks into the camera and says, "I hope you've enjoyed your night out!" and that's literally all it takes. The elderly Dan Fans are satisfied and feel like they got to have a pint and a slice of pizza in London. It's ridiculously easy. Mike somehow made daily vlogging look like a chore and much of his daily was him bitching about how hard it was to manufacture content AND have TIME to EDIT. I appreciate that his brother is forcing content on him now.
For those not in the UK, here are YouTube links for the two Chateau DIY episodes Stephanie was on this week:

This really reinforces why I never want Stephanie to be in a real relationship on these shows. The marital bickering is so tired. The Victoria suite wins for most onerous use of the color red.

Reactions: 12
Gerry's reaction to the red in Chateau DIY was great to see!

Personally, I don't hate the red and the pigeons ... but when I look at the before photo ... I like the white/grey it was before a lot better. I love the fresh austere look of it in the tower, which is interesting, because I do like colour and pattern, when done right. I would have definitely added the touches of gold, I might have done a larger chandelier, and I don't know what I would have done on the walls, but the most would have been something like the mural up the stair case that that other chateau owner had painted on her stair well. Something sort of sepia looking and neutral.

In the end, I have decided that I do like the front entrance hall! I like the wall paper and the large ferns and the way the curtains and other fabrics fit in the room.

Reactions: 17
He really, really needs to watch Dan's channel as a tutorial. Dan looks into the camera and says, "I hope you've enjoyed your night out!" and that's literally all it takes. The elderly Dan Fans are satisfied and feel like they got to have a pint and a slice of pizza in London. It's ridiculously easy. Mike somehow made daily vlogging look like a chore and much of his daily was him bitching about how hard it was to manufacture content AND have TIME to EDIT. I appreciate that his brother is forcing content on him now.
Teabeg makes it too hard on himself. He’s claimed to be a perfectionist…but every video doesn’t have to be a huge theatrical production. Dan has figured out a formula that works for him, and his viewers like what he does. MPK seems like he’s all over the board anymore. Like he’s just throwing anything out there to see what sticks.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.