Chase Amie #2 Cheap home interiors save me bucks, I then buy 'Schnell' bags to make me lux

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe I’m being old fashioned, but I can’t believe she’s still wearing the heels if she’s pregnant. At the very least switch to a wedge or kitten heel.
Her feet will also swell, and many mothers i know had their feet became larger after giving birth so how is she fitting into those narrow shoes that is clearly already too small for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
She bought ANOTHER LV Alma BB??!!? She sold her previous Alma BB several years ago... jfc some things never change.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Her feet will also swell, and many mothers i know had their feet became larger after giving birth so how is she fitting into those narrow shoes that is clearly already too small for her.
It’s also dangerous because your center of gravity is off, and you are more likely to fall.

Reactions: 5
She bought ANOTHER LV Alma BB??!!? She sold her previous Alma BB several years ago... jfc some things never change.
I feel like give it three months and she'll do a bag sale and this will go like the croisette if she ends up keeping it.
(She said she had two other bags on the way next week so she might return this one) but whichever bag she keeping she's going to sell it anyways - why do a reveal when everything will be gone again shortly (can't give any comment on long term wear and tear) and the commentary when she does unboxings - it is superficial (adding nothing of value I couldn't read myself on the official websites or I couldn't visually see from the video itself)

I had to make an account just to point out how totally obvious it is she's had IVF, as if that's something to be ashamed of?
I'd have a lot more respect for her for admitting to it. Especially since it's more common in mixed race people and couples, due to rare genetic incompatibility factors. :unsure: They suffer and struggle more in conceiving sometimes. I've seen people on Quora discuss it but it's kept hush hush. Why? Why not be a light for people who want to know their options? So selfish. Other women might need that information. Why publish half-truths?
She's so sneaky about it talking about progesterone tracking (because for IVF they give you some early-on) and then pretending she's just effortlessly fertile when America is suffering on this raw nerve of a topic like "oh we weren't even trying" despite saying it's been on the docket planned for literally YEARS.
wtf :oops:
She thinks we're all stupid as her.
The reason IVF patients need extra progesterone is purely chemical. After natural ovulation, the follicle that contained your egg turns into the corpus luteum. This is the trigger for progesterone, which makes your womb lining super-ready for the fertilised embryo. But IVF isn't natural. Your FSH injections produce multiple follicles.... In short, IVF disrupts your natural progesterone function. So you need lots more of it. Progesterone facilitates implantation and safeguards your ongoing pregnancy.
You only have to track a hormone if you're dosing it, based on doctor's guidance. That's an IVF protocol but Little Mrs Perfect won't admit that, while hinting about details specific to it! She's telling us, but not telling us.
I can't be the only one seeing it. She is not a subtle person. That's why she needed to sell a load of Schnell type luxe bags and still save up for at least a year (as middle-class DINKs, no less) because IVF in the UK is notoriously pricey. People usually go abroad but that would be too obvious and "low rent" for Saint Amie. Can't have anything tarnishing that crackly looking hair. Who books a foreign holiday with dangerous germs around when you could be pregnant at any time? You don't. Because she knew when she'd be pregnant. It's part of the I M A G E.
So many women need support on these subjects and guidance from women who went before them and she's acting like her boy hips* just effortlessly fell pregnant after a matter of WEEKS of barely trying. I'm not buying it. Some couples take the best part of half a decade. I think they'd been trying since they got married but she's too proud to admit it, like being human is a fault somehow. Actually it would make everyone like her more.
(*WHR correlates strongly to female fertility in studies including childbirth outcomes, so that observation is relevant, the odds are extremely scientifically improbable, my own relatives have been told doctors look for it when advising).
What about body shape and being fertile? The pregnancy rates with both assisted and natural production prove to go down whenever excessive fat accumulates around the trunk and waist. The fat that builds up in a pear pattern, or apple shape, can be more active on a metabolic level. It will put out more cytokines, which are the chemicals that will promote resistance to insulin as well as low-level chronic inflammation. Such factors could lead to other bumps in the road regarding reproductive function and ability. Women who have the apple shape to their hips will also be more prone to the development of PCOS, or polycystic ovarian syndrome, which is a known condition associated with the inability to conceive.
Non-white women (inc. mixed) are also obese at a much lower body weight due to a smaller, shorter-limbed frame throwing off the BMI equation written for white women. They rarely adjust it, meaning worse outcomes for mixed mothers the Guardian has been confused over (it's BMI).
This is why she's been mad on exercising lately. PCOS is also more common in mixed race women. I have friends with it. If that's true, why lie and give people false impressions when she didn't have to mention it at all? Certainly don't pretend it's easy. That's so cruel.
Women with PCOS were more likely to be documented as South Asian (4.8% vs. 2.9%), hypothyroid (3.4% vs. 2.1%), and hypertensive (2.2% vs. 1.6%) at baseline (Table 1).
A woman isn't better for getting pregnant without IVF, what kind of medieval mindset would that even be?
The indirect, sneering shaming of other women really rubs me the wrong way.
Anyone else?

p.s. Sorry for the rant. I hate this effortless flawless conception trend.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I had to make an account just to point out how totally obvious it is she's had IVF, as if that's something to be ashamed of?
I'd have a lot more respect for her for admitting to it. Especially since it's more common in mixed race people and couples, due to rare genetic incompatibility factors. :unsure: They suffer and struggle more in conceiving sometimes. I've seen people on Quora discuss it but it's kept hush hush. Why? Why not be a light for people who want to know their options? So selfish. Other women might need that information. Why publish half-truths?
She's so sneaky about it talking about progesterone tracking (because for IVF they give you some early-on) and then pretending she's just effortlessly fertile when America is suffering on this raw nerve of a topic like "oh we weren't even trying" despite saying it's been on the docket planned for literally YEARS.
wtf :oops:
She thinks we're all stupid as her.

You only have to track a hormone if you're dosing it, based on doctor's guidance. That's an IVF protocol but Little Mrs Perfect won't admit that, while hinting about details specific to it! She's telling us, but not telling us.
I can't be the only one seeing it. She is not a subtle person. That's why she needed to sell a load of Schnell type luxe bags and still save up for at least a year (as middle-class DINKs, no less) because IVF in the UK is notoriously pricey. People usually go abroad but that would be too obvious and "low rent" for Saint Amie. Can't have anything tarnishing that crackly looking hair. Who books a foreign holiday with dangerous germs around when you could be pregnant at any time? You don't. Because she knew when she'd be pregnant. It's part of the I M A G E.
So many women need support on these subjects and guidance from women who went before them and she's acting like her boy hips* just effortlessly fell pregnant after a matter of WEEKS of barely trying. I'm not buying it. Some couples take the best part of half a decade. I think they'd been trying since they got married but she's too proud to admit it, like being human is a fault somehow. Actually it would make everyone like her more.
(*WHR correlates strongly to female fertility in studies including childbirth outcomes, so that observation is relevant, the odds are extremely scientifically improbable, my own relatives have been told doctors look for it when advising).

Non-white women (inc. mixed) are also obese at a much lower body weight due to a smaller, shorter-limbed frame throwing off the BMI equation written for white women. They rarely adjust it, meaning worse outcomes for mixed mothers the Guardian has been confused over (it's BMI).
This is why she's been mad on exercising lately. PCOS is also more common in mixed race women. I have friends with it. If that's true, why lie and give people false impressions when she didn't have to mention it at all? Certainly don't pretend it's easy. That's so cruel.

A woman isn't better for getting pregnant without IVF, what kind of medieval mindset would that even be?
The indirect, sneering shaming of other women really rubs me the wrong way.
Anyone else?

p.s. Sorry for the rant. I hate this effortless flawless conception trend.
I agree its a shame people dont admit to assisted reproduction- (like a certain duchess who obviously used a surrogate) it would actually give hope and encouragement to couples who have been trying. I dont understand why hide it- noone is less of a mother based on how they got their baby -whether through IVF, surrogate, adoption or naturally conceived. We conceived naturally but took 2 years after marriage to have our baby- it certainly did not happen overnight and im not ashamed to admit it- if anything, i encourage friends who are “kind of thinking about it” to start trying because you never know how long it will take especially in your mid 30s. To pretend that it happened overnight achieves nothing - theres no medal for how fast you can conceive!

I didnt watch her video but i am not surprised Amie is keeping up appearances over something like conception- the best thing she can do is stop living a public life and focus on living a real life- she will need to for the sake of that baby.

I agree its a shame people dont admit to assisted reproduction- (like a certain duchess who obviously used a surrogate) it would actually give hope and encouragement to couples who have been trying. I dont understand why hide it- noone is less of a mother based on how they got their baby -whether through IVF, surrogate, adoption or naturally conceived. We conceived naturally but took 2 years after marriage to have our baby- it certainly did not happen overnight and im not ashamed to admit it- if anything, i encourage friends who are “kind of thinking about it” to start trying because you never know how long it will take especially in your mid 30s. To pretend that it happened overnight achieves nothing - theres no medal for how fast you can conceive!

I didnt watch her video but i am not surprised Amie is keeping up appearances over something like conception- the best thing she can do is stop living a public life and focus on living a real life- she will need to for the sake of that baby.
I should add that Hannah Strafford Taylor (an actual chic wealthy lady of leisure) is very open about her IFV journey and disappointments- if she could be open about this despite her seemingly “perfect” life why can’t Amie? Amie could only dream she had a life half as glamorous as her’s!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I mean IVF aside, her video still appears to be clueless to me. I am not a mother so the moms in the forum can advise, but I found it a bit odd to talk about child rearing as tag teaming between her, Dan, and her mom. Obviously there is soooo much work with raising a child and doing that alone is difficult (shoutouts to all the single parents) but having a child also means growing your family and spend time together, having a taskmaster like mindset feels quite calculated to me. Also she says her mom will be there to help out daily - that is not helping out that is a full time nanny. I am not surprised she says this at all and confirmed my worst suspicions that she will just pass off any child rearing to her mom.

She also scoffed at the questions of people asking about her white furniture saying that Dan was "trained" (also gross, he is a human adult, not a dog) and he spills stuff all the time. Um... if you have a child you want to minimise your time spent cleaning. My friends who are parents have their washing machines going multiple times a day and they don't have white furniture. What human babies are good at is creating a ton of bodily fluids and mess, you want to spend time on top of cleaning up a human being and your furniture?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My sister has a toddler and a white couch, and her solution was a plastic couch cover. It works but looks hilariously awful.

As an Asian mother, Amie's mom will have a big role in caring for the baby, but believe me, she'll also take on all of the cooking, cleaning, chores, grocery runs, whatever Amie asks her to do. She'll probably also gift them whatever big-ticket baby items they need that Amie can't beg from brands (my guess would be a state-of-the-art stroller). Amie is incredibly fortunate. Ideally, every expectant parent should have this kind of support, because taking care of a newborn while also trying to let your body recover from the trauma of childbirth is so utterly exhausting.

Yeah there is something in Chinese culture where moms have bed rest for 40 days after birth and everything is taken care for her. I am not against maternal health at all, in fact we need more support in terms of childcare, but there is something to be said if she just past things off to the older relatives. I am speaking from personal experience where I know many couples just pass the hard aspect of child rearing responsibilities to their elder relatives and just take photos with their kids.

• Sad
Why does she insist on saying diaper? She’s British. It’s nappy.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She is so smug!

Not taking any time off work? Good luck with that, love!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
What I love is that she expects to wear a normal pair of shorts during her pregnancy. Maybe she is going to control the babies weight!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I hope she gets a cluster feeder- that will shock her stupid ramen hair straight and wipe that smug clown makeup off her face.

Also, “tag teaming” with her mum and Dan is hilarious- my mum helps out by dropping food off for us and spending “grandma time” so we can shower/get stuff done and my husband helps with the changing, bathing and house chores..but end of the day i’m my baby’s only food source at the moment so am up for every feed and can sleep only when my baby sleeps. I wonder how she plans on delegating mothering.

Re: white furniture and fancy clothes - the baby is not the only thing excreting bodily fluids, would love to see her deal with leaky breasts ruining her clothes and sheets.

• Haha
With you on that one. I was thinking the same - what work? She's posted two videos six hours apart on just clothing hauls (if we exclude bags).
Her version of "work" = shopping
Then yeah - she probably won't be taking any time off for that. Why would a baby get in the way of her shopping.
It's relentless that amount of consumerism.

She is so smug!

Not taking any time off work? Good luck with that, love!
that is so disgusting and privileged. Women here in the US have to fight for maternity leave. Amie can’t bother to interrupt her shopping in order to bond with her baby. I guarantee real life will crash down for her despite having her mom as a full-time nanny.

Sounds like Amie’s mom will be a slave when the child’s born. She won’t just look after the kid, she’ll be doing everything else for the couple while the princess will continue to shop under the guise of ‘work’. And Amie will be keen to make it look like she’s got it all so watch out for the vomit inducing ‘happy’ family pics. Im sure she won’t even bother breastfeeding as it’s just too inconvenient for her.

Re the white sofa, it’s not just the baby poo and vomit. She’s getting a dog in Aug and no matter how much you train pets, accidents will inevitably happen so it won’t be long before her precious sofa is covered in dog tit and pee stains in addition to baby poo and vomit. Nice!! She made it sound like she’s ok with the upcoming chaos but I don’t think she’ll be able to cope even when the mom’s there to help.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Also, if you go by the Asian family logic, your parents will be living with you while they are caring for the child. She says she has "no room" in her massive house for her mother and her brother. If my mom is giving me free childcare, the least I can do is give her free housing. Last time I checked, her mom is still renting.

• Wow
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.