Chase Amie #2 Cheap home interiors save me bucks, I then buy 'Schnell' bags to make me lux

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Amie makes money on her bag sales because she buys her bags with a voucher from MyTheresa. Aside from affiliate link commission, MyTheresa pays her cash whenever she does an ad for them and gives gift cards gratis. The gift card is worth a few hundred pounds/euros worth, so not enough to buy an entire bag for free, but enough to knockoff a substantial amount off RRP. A lot of other UK influencers big and small have made passing references or even full-on discussed how LVR, Farfetch and MyTheresa give them gift cards before or after making an ad for them. It's a common industry practice to give gift cards or large discounts, circa 90% off, to get around #gifted disclosures. Sometimes giving gift cards is for legitimate reasons like to make sure the piece of clothing fits or makeup is the right shade. So even though she's selling the bag for less than the RRP, she's still making a profit. Amie is no fool. As for her buyers, her bag sale prices are better than Fashionphile's, the condition excellent considering how many bags she owns and barely uses, and they know and trust that the goods are 100% authentic (unlike from TheRealReal or eBay for example) so it's a win-win for everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Omg, she wore this to the cinema …. I have no words.
I saw this. To whoever told me that she might cater to christian women, you were right. Caitlin Coving is the girl that google presents if you search for Christian Girl Autumn. CGA was fun for a while but somehow Amie takes this serious. Caitlin has this whole rich witch look oozing from her pores. She can afford pricey clothes, designer bags and a rock of a ring. She can be flat out boring but makes her outfits work. This outfit is something that Caitlin could wear. Never paid any attention to it but Amie follows Caitlin. She also copies a lot of her looks. I know that this is the most generic look there is, but copying another content creator is just sad.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She also copies a lot of her looks. I know that this is the most generic look there is, but copying another content creator is just sad.
not surprised- Amie’s source of “fashion inspiration” is instagram accounts she follows. its why she never dresses to her advantage and often ends up as a fashion victim wearing “trendy” pieces that don’t actually suit her.

Reactions: 5
Omg, she wore this to the cinema …. I have no words.
I have. It says I am thin and rich enough to wear conspicuously new thigh high designer suede boots. I pair it with a moderately priced mini dress because affiliate link money. And the new Gucci designer bag because again affiliate link money. #influencerhustle

• Haha
I have. It says I am thin and rich enough to wear conspicuously new thigh high designer suede boots. I pair it with a moderately priced mini dress because affiliate link money. And the new Gucci designer bag because again affiliate link money. #influencerhustle
Those boots aren’t new and OTK boots have been out of season for the last few years. I am thin like Amie but I don’t dress up like she does to goto the cinema or to Nando’s/the pub. Each to their own, I agree, but her looks are just OTT. She’s not rich. If she were, and given it matters to her what people think of her, I’d expect her to be showing off her expensive house decor, wardrobes, holidays, hotel stays etc in addition to the luxe handbags and shoes she wears. But no, she scrounges on the other stuff that the man in the street doesn’t see (but he sees her bags and labels so the immediate perception is that she’s rich) so no, I do not believe she’s rich. Affiliate links bring in money, I agree, but not to the extent they’d be able to support the lifestyle she probably wishes she has. And given the manner in which she was busy reminding users of her FF 10% and other discount codes, it smacks of desperation. You don’t see the better influencers doing this. Given her lack of interesting styling, I’d be surprised if she’s raking in the takings in a big way. Sorry - it just doesn’t add up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
not surprised- Amie’s source of “fashion inspiration” is instagram accounts she follows. its why she never dresses to her advantage and often ends up as a fashion victim wearing “trendy” pieces that don’t actually suit her.
That probably is why she is always messing up her color scheme. I can see Amie being calculated enough to dissect influencer outfits. Mathematically putting her own outfits together and being left with something that only adds up in excel.

Reactions: 4
I think Amie is trying to move her Youtube channel in another direction - more lifestyle, diet, and exercise along with fashion. I think this is a good idea TBH because she's running out of ideas in the luxury influencer area.

Reactions: 2
Those boots aren’t new and OTK boots have been out of season for the last few years. I am thin like Amie but I don’t dress up like she does to goto the cinema or to Nando’s/the pub. Each to their own, I agree, but her looks are just OTT. She’s not rich. If she were, and given it matters to her what people think of her, I’d expect her to be showing off her expensive house decor, wardrobes, holidays, hotel stays etc in addition to the luxe handbags and shoes she wears. But no, she scrounges on the other stuff that the man in the street doesn’t see (but he sees her bags and labels so the immediate perception is that she’s rich) so no, I do not believe she’s rich. Affiliate links bring in money, I agree, but not to the extent they’d be able to support the lifestyle she probably wishes she has. And given the manner in which she was busy reminding users of her FF 10% and other discount codes, it smacks of desperation. You don’t see the better influencers doing this. Given her lack of interesting styling, I’d be surprised if she’s raking in the takings in a big way. Sorry - it just doesn’t add up.
This sounds just like lid( Lydia Millen), flashing her Hermes bags, but eating pasta or McDonald’s !

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I love how Amie's goal wasn't to lose weight but she mentioned it in the video title and several times during the video. Why not just refer to exercise, health and nutrition? Also, there are no bad foods.

Reactions: 8
I love how Amie's goal wasn't to lose weight but she mentioned it in the video title and several times during the video. Why not just refer to exercise, health and nutrition? Also, there are no bad foods.
I think that has to do with searches. Unfortunately, if you put in things like "I lost xx amount of weight" you are far likely to be viewed.

• Sad
View attachment 815021

I will never understand the massive upper body yet tiny legs trend...
Genuine question: does anyone knows if he is trying to get into body building business? That's the only reasonable justification for such a drastic change.

He was an ok looking man before, nerdy type, suited Ms. Pink aesthetics now he is starting to resemble the Hulk.

Reactions: 10
Genuine question: does anyone knows if he is trying to get into body building business? That's the only reasonable justification for such a drastic change.

He was an ok looking man before, nerdy type, suited Ms. Pink aesthetics now he is starting to resemble the Hulk.
The app he and Amie runs is a fitness app of sorts. So I guess that makes sense.

View attachment 815021

I will never understand the massive upper body yet tiny legs trend...
Before I saw this my number one rule was to avoid all fuckboiiis. I never knew what I wanted in a man. But now I know. This picture has made me realise what I want. I do not care about him being kind or into me, all I want is a guy with a visible neck. That's it. New standard y'all.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Before I saw this my number one rule was to avoid all fuckboiiis. I never knew what I wanted in a man. But now I know. This picture has made me realise what I want. I do not care about him being kind or into me, all I want is a guy with a visible neck. That's it. New standard y'all.
Why not kindness and neck? You deserve both.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.