Charlotte Tilbury and friends behaving badly - reports of abuse from employees, sadly!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After the @esteelaundry Instagram revelations today and various posts scattered through Caroline Hirons and Sali Hughes amongst others, I think it’s time to talk about how these companies operate.

Obviously the reports on the Instagram are alleged and not proven but I don’t think that prevents a chat about it?!

These industries need to be discussed in a critical way beyond which company provides the best foundation. Influencers control the narrative at the moment (in my opinion) and I think that’s unhealthy for the average person.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I read all the stories. Bloody hell 👀

All that "dhaaarling-ing" from Tilbury already had my spidey senses going.

Reactions: 22
I have heard that staff on CT counters are not good and if the culture of the brand is as vile as it sounds I’m not surprised.

The stuff about other products being used and passed off at CT products in photo shoots etc is just insanely wrong.

Reactions: 11
The stories are awful. I hope they all get proper exposure, I've always thought the beauty industry is toxic.

Reactions: 10
I feel the same way as you @TruffleTrifle.

It’s very disappointing as it’s embarrassing for women. It’s seen as a women’s industry and I expect there will be some eye rolls about how predictable it all is.

I feel a sea change in consumers coming and I’m so glad and hopeful.

Reactions: 8
The counters are tit. The other week I was told that I couldn't be served without an appointment. The girl was so rude. All I wanted was a new highlighter wand and a sample of foundation, baring in mind I've spent at least 1k with CT. I told them to shove it and I'd take my money over the way to the Tom Ford counter. So I did!

• Wow
Reactions: 24
I got turned off her a while ago. Bought some of her stuff when it launched and was hugely disappointed but felt i was alone in that due to all the ‘guru’ hype. I guess when you are actually paying with your own cold hard cash you are more critical.

The dahling stuff and names of her products also leave me cold.

Reactions: 18
I have heard that staff on CT counters are not good and if the culture of the brand is as vile as it sounds I’m not surprised.

The stuff about other products being used and passed off at CT products in photo shoots etc is just insanely wrong.
I have never bought any CT stuff but ads appear in my Facebook feed. Quite often things get heated in the comments section, with people saying that a particular lipstick shown in the film is nothing like the colour of the same lipstick they own in the flesh. This allegation explains this odd stuff.

I have never bought any CT stuff but ads appear in my Facebook feed. Quite often things get heated in the comments section, with people saying that a particular lipstick shown in the film is nothing like the colour of the same lipstick they own in the flesh. This allegation explains this odd stuff.
Might explain, obvs

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
10 year NDAs are INSANE and a major red flag regardless of anything else. Hopefully enough ex-employees find strength in numbers and go on the record. CT needs to face the consequences.

Reactions: 12
It’s interesting that the beauty industry would need NDAs at all. Is it ostensibly to prevent copy-cat products?

I’m not familiar with this sort of thing. On first impression it sounds shady AF!

Have you guys seen the Sali Hughes Instagram today about foundation? Some of the comments have been a bit heated.

The things leaked so far sound monstrous and I really hope there is safety in numbers for the employees affected. It’s so cruel to bully people at the start of their career when they need to be fed and watered in order to blossom.

Reactions: 8
This makes sense, I brought some things and it’s utter rubbish, never again the girl was horrible, didn’t understand or get that I didn’t want at 42,, to trowl my make up on and cake it into my lines and wrinkles!! Luckily I know what I wanted and the look I like, I would have spend hundreds other wise, as soon as she realised I knew what I was talking about couldn’t get me out fast enough

Reactions: 7
Oh. I use the lipstick everyday and love it and the highlighter. Can’t say I’ve used anything else and the staff in the Westfield London store were lovely to me.

But can’t say I’m surprised by anything I hear about the beauty industry. It’s all photoshopped and blurred, lash extensions for mascara etc.

The Covent Garden Charlotte Tilbury is AWFUL!!! Lady in front of me complaining and the staff were like whatever then with me they didn’t say sorry for the wait they were just rude and cold so doesn’t surprise me they aren’t happy.

Reactions: 10
I treated myself to a CT lipstick - a nice nude shade because I had seen a You Tuber wearing it and it looked lovely. I'm not a makeup novice so know how to line and apply etc. but it looked horrific! It cracked within 15 minutes, transferred onto everything and left my lips dry and flaky!! Never touched it since and never understood how they justify the prices.

• Sad
I treated myself to a CT lipstick - a nice nude shade because I had seen a You Tuber wearing it and it looked lovely. I'm not a makeup novice so know how to line and apply etc. but it looked horrific! It cracked within 15 minutes, transferred onto everything and left my lips dry and flaky!! Never touched it since and never understood how they justify the prices.
I feel the same about CT lipsticks. I've been given a few as presents and they were awful. Uneven application, uneven fade, transfer and also left my lips very dry. I was so disappointed.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I have to be honest. I do rate her lipsticks. Perhaps I've been lucky. But I won't be shopping with ct anymore after these revelations

Reactions: 6
This is so disappointing to read. I’d always been a fan of the brand and quite liked Charlotte too- I know she can be a bit much at times, but I thought she had her own unique bubbliness and charisma. I even met her at an event one time (free of charge!) and had a nice little one on one chat with her. To hear she has spoken to and treated her staff so terribly is abhorrent and truly disappointing.

Seen on one of those IG private message screen grabs something about a drug habit?! Anyone know any more about this?

Reactions: 5
This is so disappointing to read. I’d always been a fan of the brand and quite liked Charlotte too- I know she can be a bit much at times, but I thought she had her own unique bubbliness and charisma. I even met her at an event one time (free of charge!) and had a nice little one on one chat with her. To hear she has spoken to and treated her staff so terribly is abhorrent and truly disappointing.

Seen on one of those IG private message screen grabs something about a drug habit?! Anyone know any more about this?
To be honest I’d be more surprised if it turned out Charlotte wasn’t a fan of the nose candy.

Reactions: 9