Charlotte Louise Taylor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im new here but I’ve been lurking on the meldrum thread all weekend as I don’t agree with the DLP incident.
Comments at the top of this particular thread are outright nasty though.
Will not be back

?
Lol
It’s snow flake season for sure. ❄ ❄❄❄❄?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The whole forum is full of people slagging off vloggers looks and appearance - lots of threads are full of screenshots of unflattering faces! If you put your life on the internet it’s inevitable that people are going to pass comment. Last year when she was doing a diet she was posting videos of her body / belly / waist / thighs for all to see - I’m unsure how I’m supposed to not have an opinion on what she looks like when she spends so much time talking about what she looks like. If it’s not her weight it’s her make up, or her hair, or another boring clothes haul. It’s virtually impossible not to notice or scrutinise her as she spends so much screen time drumming on about herself that you start to notice.

Reactions: 3
The whole forum is full of people slagging off vloggers looks and appearance - lots of threads are full of screenshots of unflattering faces! If you put your life on the internet it’s inevitable that people are going to pass comment. Last year when she was doing a diet she was posting videos of her body / belly / waist / thighs for all to see - I’m unsure how I’m supposed to not have an opinion on what she looks like when she spends so much time talking about what she looks like. If it’s not her weight it’s her make up, or her hair, or another boring clothes haul. It’s virtually impossible not to notice or scrutinise her as she spends so much screen time drumming on about herself that you start to notice.
Exactly! If you put your whole life on PUBLIC forums you can’t expect every reaction to be “sunshine & rainbows”, you’re setting yourself up for criticism of some sort. Yes, I also didn’t appreciate her posting photos of her baby bump wearing just her knickers with her top hoiked up...

Reactions: 2
Totally agree. And now she’s not on a diet it’s all covered up and dresses to her ankles. I never started watching her for weight loss videos - she turned her channel into that and expected her subscribers to be invested (rather a lot!) into her body / weight / talk of feeling sexy for ‘her man’ etc. Suddenly that’s done with - but unfortunately I can’t help but take notice of the things she’s previously harped on about!

Reactions: 1
Hi everyone. I was made aware of this thread. I didn’t know this site existed until today. That’s probably for the best. But I just wanted to say - genuinely - the Matalan post really wasn’t paid for. It matters to me to defend this (over the way I look, and anything else, which has been painful to read) because I do work really hard when it comes to doing things above board. I don’t like the idea of fooling anyone because it just isn’t right. I’d be happy even for you to contact ASA. Because I haven’t been paid in any way. I bought via PayPal and didn’t show anything in case I got hacked because I worry about things like that. If it helps any - gifted items are usually sent to you specifically as a brand will have something in mind. And that’s all I want to clear up. I just bought a dress. I don’t like my body a lot at the moment (probably the wine and all that) but it made me feel good. That was all. I set my camera up. Did a pose. All that stupid stuff. Doing all of this is as murky from my perspective as it is yours. I never planned to do this. But it happened and it has brought many positives my way. But some bad too. I get upset and I cry. Because this is a job. But the personal parts about my looks or personality, or being accused of things that aren’t true, cut deep. Because no one wants to read things like that about themselves. Anyway, I won’t be coming back here because I don’t want to fight with anyone. But I do care about clearing my name in terms of whether I do things above board or not. Take care. P.S. Thanks to those of you who were more forgiving about the comments about my looks.
Maybe inform your “friend” Reb (and Emily and whoever else) about following the rules then. Everyone is just going to assume everything is sponsored/gifted because of them, even if you do disclose properly.

Sorry, but this, imo, is just another “poor me” response. How many faces do you have? You were DEMANDING someone apologise to you today on insta & now you’re being sickly sweet when you realise some people don’t pander to you & say how wonderful you are. etc.
I really don’t care if you paid for the dress or not, this thread was started for your social media persona. Your passive aggressiveness doesn’t wash with me...
Exactly what I was thinking, it's all a fake act on here pretending to be nice as anyone that has seen the Instagram stories knows. Going cray over a simple question from one person

I can't be mean about her looks because I do genuinely think she is pretty and a lot of what she wears is my cup of tea. It's just the photo captions that do my head in, as I keep saying ?

Hey charl..... how’s the ‘book club’ going? Or should I say ‘mamas book club’??

You and Meldrum created it.....got everyone invested in it and BUYING the book

But now it seems you’ve ditched it?

Reactions: 4
Talking about people’s looks is not on .. we are all women who have our own flaws and I personally think that’s bloody disgusting that you can speak about someone’s looks, that’s not ‘gossip’ it’s just mean.

Talking about people’s looks is not on .. we are all women who have our own flaws and I personally think that’s bloody disgusting that you can speak about someone’s looks, that’s not ‘gossip’ it’s just mean.
Only one person has commented negativity on her look, stop trying to derail the thread away from valid criticism and undermine good points made.

I notice how none of you have actual photos of yourselves on your profile, presume you're no oil paintings yourselves!

I notice how none of you have actual photos of yourselves on your profile, presume you're no oil paintings yourselves!
We don't choose to put ourselves out there to sell products and talk constantly about our appearance.

This isn't north Korea or mumsnet, you can talk about someone's appearance that they share publicly online.

Reactions: 5
Can’t stand the underhand digs at her ex boyfriend/eldest sons father, hope he never watches his mothers awful vlogs when he’s old enough to. Mark meanwhile looks dead behind the eyes whenever she goes near him. The whole cringey gushy nicey nicey act is sickening. Fraud.

Reactions: 5
We don't choose to put ourselves out there to sell products and talk constantly about our appearance.

This isn't north Korea or mumsnet, you can talk about someone's appearance that they share publicly online.
Do you not have better things to do with your time?

Can’t stand the underhand digs at her ex boyfriend/eldest sons father, hope he never watches his mothers awful vlogs when he’s old enough to. Mark meanwhile looks dead behind the eyes whenever she goes near him. The whole cringey gushy nicey nicey act is sickening. Fraud.
This, I don’t normally think a lot of what these people post will bother their kids (ie. naked baby photos or tantrums). But if he sees that when he’s 11/12 he’s probably going to feel guilty and sad, just for going to see his other parent.

I get the impression she'd love to be married to Mark, have the whole committment thing, but he seems very offhand with her. She's constantly pulling him to her to kiss him etc & his body language is so off. She comes across as desperate. Mark also seems to do nothing about the house and leaves her with the kids on a Sdaturday to go to football etc. Nothing against having his own interests but she doesn't seem to have any friends she can do her own thing with. She just waits about for him to come home to fawn over & idolise.
And when you post pictures or vlogs half naked at times then you're leaving yourself wide open for criticism. Her choice entirely. Don't bleat & whinge about privacy when you read something about yourself you don't like.

She will occasionally vlog him doing the hoovering, bless ‘im. But it looks like she does literally everything else. She’s always in the kitchen doing laundry or cooking. I do not agree with people making ‘characters’ out of their children for the internet and all to see, but my real concern is her showing herself slip through the back garden to Waitrose - she’s mentioned numerous times that her garden backs on to the car park. And in a couple of vlogs has filmed at her village train station, so with that information it’s really not hard to locate exactly where she lives. I hope that she reads this and ensures she stays a little more private about that, because in all honesty I like the girl and is probably the only Mummy vlogger I can actually tolerate!

I have said this before but I do think comments on appearance undermine the genuine discussion on this thread. That said, if you are a public figure, I think it does leave you open to comment. However, I think Charlotte looks perfectly nice and attractive.

I do genuinely worry about the impact on children having their lives vlogged for everyone to see.

Agree with this. I know it’s a ‘gossip’ site, but you can do that without attacking somebody’s appearance which I think is absolutely vile and the lowest of the low. Moan about their conduct all you like (I’m sure they all do it about people that they dislike - we’re only human and it’s what we do) but comments on weight etc are just downright nasty.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.